Aalbiorix

Trading Glitch

Aalbiorix

I found this bug and I have no idea how to get rid of it. It only happens when creating a trade offer. So I finish the offer, and I go to the create offer button, and it gives me the screen that asks me how long I want the offer up for. I press 48 hours, it doesn't charge me and the offer isn't made. It's a simple offer, so I make the offer again but put it on 24 hours. Closes the screen and doesn't charge me. At this point I'm annoyed and I don't bother to try 8 hours, which probably would've broken too. Is this a bug or a feature, if it's a bug, is there a way I can fix it? If it's a feature, is there a way I can turn it off?

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Aalbiorix said:

I found this bug and I have no idea how to get rid of it. It only happens when creating a trade offer. So I finish the offer, and I go to the create offer button, and it gives me the screen that asks me how long I want the offer up for. I press 48 hours, it doesn't charge me and the offer isn't made. It's a simple offer, so I make the offer again but put it on 24 hours. Closes the screen and doesn't charge me. At this point I'm annoyed and I don't bother to try 8 hours, which probably would've broken too. Is this a bug or a feature, if it's a bug, is there a way I can fix it? If it's a feature, is there a way I can turn it off?

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you might not have enough Tokens to make these longer trades.  You do realize that a 48-hour trade session costs 48 Tokens, ...24 costs 24 Tokens, ...and 8 is 8, right?  When I first started playing and trading, I never noticed these costs, until one day, similar to yours, when my trades wouldn't go through.

If this is the case, you're probably wondering why.  Because this prevents any kid/player from spamming hundreds of nonsensical trades.  By charging Tokens, it keeps the trades realistic, more or less.

BTW, it's not as bad as it sounds.  Your Tokens are refunded if the trade is successful.  There again, you only lose the Tokens if it's unrealistic, or asking too much.

Edited by RobRatt

Aalbiorix

I always have at least 50 tokens on me. I never spend beyond that just in case I need a card. I'm trying to get a Hydreigon, and I'm trading some ok items. Does the game forbid you from spending 48 tokens when you only have 50 or something?

RobRatt
4 hours ago, Aalbiorix said:

I always have at least 50 tokens on me. I never spend beyond that just in case I need a card. I'm trying to get a Hydreigon, and I'm trading some ok items. Does the game forbid you from spending 48 tokens when you only have 50 or something?

No, I've never run into a time when I couldn't do a trade if there were enough Tokens.  I can't think of any other reason for the problem you're having either, unless you've got your account settings (on the Pokémon site) set to something other than Open.

BTW, which Hydreigon are you looking for?  If you post here, I may have an extra that I'll trade very fair.