Jokuc

Option to skip Versus Rewards animations

Jokuc
Posted (edited)

Can we please add an option or add a way to skip the little animations for versus rewards? Every time I want to play a lot of games I find myself getting frustrated, spamming left mouse button because I have to sit there for 100 years waiting for all the animations to finish. I just want to play the next game, not watch 10 consecutive slow animations.

First there's my exp for playing the game and the little sound that has to play. Then I unlock some card I already have and I have to wait for that flashy animation to finish too and press OK. Then I get a combo or whatever and win 250 coins or something and another window pop up and then there's some ending animation.

I suggest an option to skip these animations, I don't care what rewards I get, I don't need to see it. Especially not a big popup when I can already see the rewards in the reward track. If that's not possible just speed up the animations or at least allow me to search for a new game before  the animations finish.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jokuc said:

Can we please add an option or add a way to skip the little animations for versus rewards? Every time I want to play a lot of games I find myself getting frustrated, spamming left mouse button because I have to sit there for 100 years waiting for all the animations to finish. I just want to play the next game, not watch 10 consecutive slow animations.

As you've mentioned, hitting the left mouse button stops the end-game animations.  All in all, maybe it takes 10 seconds before you can start the next game?  Must be a living nightmare for you.  :wacko:  Would it be better if nothing popped up, telling you how many Tokens, etc. you won?

What about slow players?  In the paper version of the game, it sounds like it would be easy to "get into your head" by shuffling your deck after each search.  You may want to rethink this frustration.

EDIT:  BTW, I don't do "negative votes" on people's ideas.  Any that appear came from somewhere else.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Downvote 1

Sakura150612

I don't see what's the problem with OP's idea though. Slow players shouldn't be a factor since he's asking for an option to remove post-game animations. I can see where you could draw the connection that if a small time loss post-game is frustrating for him that slow players would be by extension even more frustrating, but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

This is a suggestion that brings no harm to other players (unlike, say, the suggestions to include harsher penalties for slow players), so I'd be totally ok with it if it were to be implemented. That said, I doubt something like this would be a priority :P

• Upvote 1

Jokuc
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, RobRatt said:

As you've mentioned, hitting the left mouse button stops the end-game animations.  All in all, maybe it takes 10 seconds before you can start the next game?  Must be a living nightmare for you. Would it be better if nothing popped up, telling you how many Tokens, etc. you won?

What about slow players?

You got me wrong, I press left mouse button because I expect the game to skip the animations when I press it. But instead nothing happens and I have to sit there and watch the animations all the time. But you're saying they usually stop?

First the little bar adds the new exp, pressing left does nothing to stop or rush it to the end. Then if it gets filled, you get the little animation for whatever item it is, pressing left does nothing. Then there's the animation in the top right corner where it shows your total battle points/exp or whatever it's called (lightning symbol). Again, pressing left does nothing to stop it at all. I can't press left to stop the reward popup from appearing and I can't press left so that I don't have to see yet another animation of the second bar filling up after watching all the animations for the first one.

Either you are remembering something wrong here or my game is broken.

10 seconds is a lot, forcing players to watch animations this long after every game is bad UX. I don't really care if it pops up by default as long as I can skip it with left press or disable it in the settings.

I didn't ask about slow players.

Edited by Jokuc

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

Games on the VS Ladder will get the Victory/Defeat screen.  That seems essential to me, since it gives you a quick rundown of damage done, head flips, etc. for that game.  The victory animation is what? ...2 seconds?

There's the Daily Challenge animation, but that's easy.  Once you're at Level 30, who cares?  Just play what decks you want.  And yes, as that animation starts, hitting the left mouse button ends it prematurely.

There's a quick animation showing the Daily Versus Reward that you won.  This is useful information.  Otherwise it would take more time to double-check the little Eyeball button to see where you are for the day.  As well, it shows extra Tokens earned if your opponent had the Advantage, etc.

All in all, I just disagree that these end-game animations are an issue worth complaining about.  There's a big difference between presenting ideas to improve the game, and griping about elements in its design.  The animations, IMO, are minimal, and the end-game summary is needed for the vast majority of players.

Edited by RobRatt

RobRatt
23 hours ago, Jokuc said:

I don't care what rewards I get, I don't need to see it.

Really?  If not for Tokens, Tickets, or Packs, what exactly are you playing the VS Ladder for?

SKBellmore
1 hour ago, RobRatt said:

Really?  If not for Tokens, Tickets, or Packs, what exactly are you playing the VS Ladder for?

For fun?

• Upvote 1

RobRatt
1 minute ago, SKBellmore said:

For fun?

That's exactly my point.  When I'm doing something "for fun," the little things are part of the happy experience.

Ambiance?  Mood?  Attitude?  That needs adjustment for some players, more than the mechanics.

• Upvote 1

Sakura150612
1 hour ago, RobRatt said:

Ambiance?  Mood?  Attitude?  That needs adjustment for some players, more than the mechanics.

While I can completely agree with this, I simply cannot see why this suggestion bothers you so much (just my impression, you can correct me if I'm wrong).

If (and that's a big "if") it were to be implemented, it would only affect the people that opt into skipping animations and no one else. It would not affect in the slightest the average player who doesn't care about the post-game animations and/or actually wants to see the end-game summary. It really is entirely harmless.

That, and there's also a near 0% chance it gets implemented anyways when you consider that other suggestions which should have higher priority over something small like this have been floating around for years without any sign that they were even ever taken into consideration.

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sakura150612 said:

While I can completely agree with this, I simply cannot see why this suggestion bothers you so much (just my impression, you can correct me if I'm wrong).

Nah.  Doesn't bother me.

...Seriously?  I just replied to what seemed like an overly dramatic complaint about a minor issue.  And stepped in it.  Any further replies are merely explaining why I have goo on my shoes.

3 hours ago, Sakura150612 said:

That, and there's also a near 0% chance it gets implemented anyways when you consider that other suggestions which should have higher priority over something small like this have been floating around for years without any sign that they were even ever taken into consideration.

Exactly.  With so many broken elements already (bugs, etc.), and better gameplay improvements that could be adopted, I'd say that any time spent by the Dev Team on something like this would be a shame (and therefore, not "entirely harmless").

P.S.  All suggestions are welcome.  But so are reasoned disagreements, yeah.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1

Mod_Turtle

Hey Jokuc,

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll send this over to the development team for review. Maybe they can find a way to speed up or skip certain animations if the trainer wants to.

Thanks again!

SuperStone

I think the main annoyance, Rob, had always (well since their inception) been the ladder animations.  Especially if your internet is lagging, the bar seems to just crawl along- and then it has to open it s happy little box of duplicates I don't care about and grrrrr now finally I can play another game!  Yay!

Of course this is a very rare occurrence. :D Most of the time I don't mind or even notice that it's moving along.  It's only when I'm in a bad mood anyway that having to wait for literally no reason gets peeving.  I honestly don't mind it much at all- but it seems a skip is such a little thing to add that it would be worth it.

• Upvote 1