Sign in to follow this  
nautiscarader

[CARD] Guzma vs Ribombee (LOT 146) - bug?

nautiscarader
Posted (edited)

So, I was playing a match today, and I might have found a bug. I had fairy Alolan Nintales as an active pokemon, Rimbombee with its excellent ability, preventing all the pesky, unfair and overpowered supporters from targeting [Y] Pokémon, but then my opponent used Guzma, targetting my Fairy Alolan Ninetales and forced me to switch it to an Alolan Vulpix on the bench, even though it shouldn't, since it would require him to affect a *fairy* Alolan Ninetales, which is protected by Ribombe's ability. 

Fortunately, I have managed to win with this person (horribly OP, completely doesn't know how to play a balanced deck- he had four, yes, four pokemon GX in his team, including two Tag teams!), but I'd love if this was fixed.   

191. Sup3rHeld played Guzma.
    192. nautiscarader's Alolan Ninetales retreated.
    193. Sup3rHeld's Eevee & Snorlax-GX retreated.
    194. Alolan Vulpix became nautiscarader's new Active Pokémon.
    195. Sandygast became Sup3rHeld's new Active Pokémon.
    196. Sup3rHeld's Sandygast used Sand Tomb and did 30 damage to nautiscarader's Alolan Vulpix.
    197. It is now nautiscarader's turn (Turn #20).
    198. nautiscarader drew Fairy Energy.

I have the whole log until that point, btw.

Edited by nautiscarader
  • Downvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, nautiscarader said:

So, I was playing a match today, and I might have found a bug. I had fairy Alolan Nintales as an active pokemon, Rimbombee with its excellent ability, preventing all the pesky, unfair and overpowered supporters from targeting [Y] Pokémon, but then my opponent used Guzma, targetting my Fairy Alolan Ninetales and forced me to switch it to an Alolan Vulpix on the bench, even though it shouldn't, since it would require him to affect a *fairy* Alolan Ninetales, which is protected by Ribombe's ability. 

Fortunately, I have managed to win with this person (horribly OP, completely doesn't know how to play a balanced deck- he had four, yes, four pokemon GX in his team, including two Tag teams!), but I'd love if this was fixed.   

191. Sup3rHeld played Guzma.
    192. nautiscarader's Alolan Ninetales retreated.
    193. Sup3rHeld's Eevee & Snorlax-GX retreated.
    194. Alolan Vulpix became nautiscarader's new Active Pokémon.
    195. Sandygast became Sup3rHeld's new Active Pokémon.
    196. Sup3rHeld's Sandygast used Sand Tomb and did 30 damage to nautiscarader's Alolan Vulpix.
    197. It is now nautiscarader's turn (Turn #20).
    198. nautiscarader drew Fairy Energy.

I have the whole log until that point, btw.

Hello nautiscarader, 

I'm sorry to hear you found this possible bug.

It doesn't seem to appear among known issues our development team is working on at the moment, therefore, thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Could you please verify which client version you have?

Thank you again for your cooperation!

graywh

This is not a bug.

Guzma targets the benched Pokemon, not the active.  Ribombee's Mysterious Buzz ability doesn't protect your Water-type Alolan Vulpix.

• Upvote 1

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you, graywh, for pointing that out! It looks like this is working as intended and not a bug.

It might be helpful to review the text of Guzma and Ribombee in the database. As graywh said, it was the Alolan Vulpix that was targeted and switched with the Active, not the other way around. 

nautiscarader

This needs to be fixed, when you switch pokemon, by definition, TWO pokemon are affected.  if EITHER of them cannot be switched, then I'd say the whole switching operation cannot work. You have introduced an amazing card, Ribombee, which protects cards from unfair, OP cards like Guzma or Lysandre. Pls make it work correctly.  

• Downvote 1

SandaledOtter
12 minutes ago, nautiscarader said:

This needs to be fixed, when you switch pokemon, by definition, TWO pokemon are affected.  if EITHER of them cannot be switched, then I'd say the whole switching operation cannot work. You have introduced an amazing card, Ribombee, which protects cards from unfair, OP cards like Guzma or Lysandre. Pls make it work correctly.  

There is a difference between there being an effect on the playfield and an "effect of that card done to (Fairy) pokemon in play." Ribombee only protects fairies from effects of supporters DONE TO them. The supporter Guzma only puts its effect on the targeted card. The effect on the active fairy is that the other pokemon is pushing it out of the way. Guzma and Lysandre do not ever look at the active card, and this is working as intended.

If you had ribombee and sky field in play, along with eight fairies on your bench, and your opponent plays delinquent, you wouldn't get to keep the extra fairies, because the supporter did not target them, it targeted something else that affected them.

If a one way street floods, the signs don't stop the water from pushing cars the wrong way.

The effect is beyond the scope of the prevention.

Sign in to follow this