Xx_Krokorok_xX

[GENERAL] Can't log in

Xx_Krokorok_xX

Hey I just started getting into Pokemon tcg online but every time I try to log in in-game it gives me the message "the network connection with the server has been lost".   I've completed the tutorial and gotten to the point where I just have to upgrade my account, but every time I do it just tells me it's verifying my account for around half an hour.   I have good enough WiFi that I can connect to online games but I just can't log in.   I've also completely reinstalled the game and restarted my computer.   I would appreciate any support.

Mod_Titan

Hey there!

If the uninstall/reinstall did not fix the issue, you may need to check your network to see if something is blocking the connection to the game. I posted some networking steps below. If you still are unable to connect, please reach out to the support team by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the PTCGO option, and then selecting "Contact Us". You may also include a screenshot of the error message. 

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list. * Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

Mod_GuruLot
17 hours ago, Xx_Krokorok_xX said:

Hey I just started getting into Pokemon tcg online but every time I try to log in in-game it gives me the message "the network connection with the server has been lost".   I've completed the tutorial and gotten to the point where I just have to upgrade my account, but every time I do it just tells me it's verifying my account for around half an hour.   I have good enough WiFi that I can connect to online games but I just can't log in.   I've also completely reinstalled the game and restarted my computer.   I would appreciate any support.

Hello Xx_Krokorok_xX, 

Welcome to the game and the forum!

I've edited the title of your thread to match the format used in this sub.

Please let us know if the issue is sorted out.

Thanks!