Jump to content
PokemonBrothers

[BUG] Dedenne GX ability used twice in a turn

Recommended Posts

PokemonBrothers

On the same ******** opponent benched a Dedenne, used the ability, then scooped it up, and used the ability again. I thought you could use this ability only once.

 

Extract from the logfile:

    148. AZawai attached a Lightning Energy to Pikachu & Zekrom-GX.
    149. AZawai played Electropower.
    150. AZawai put Dedenne-GX onto the Bench.
    151. AZawai drew a card.
    152. AZawai drew a card.
    153. AZawai drew a card.
    154. AZawai drew a card.
    155. AZawai drew a card.
    156. AZawai drew a card.
    157. AZawai played Electropower.
    158. AZawai played Super Scoop Up.
    159. AZawai flipped 1 coin(s), resulting in 1 heads and 0 tails, for Super Scoop Up.
    160. AZawai put Dedenne-GX onto the Bench.
    161. AZawai drew a card.
    162. AZawai drew a card.
    163. AZawai drew a card.
    164. AZawai drew a card.
    165. AZawai drew a card.
    166. AZawai drew a card.
    167. AZawai played Electropower.

 

 

Ticket Submitted

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mod_GuruLot
4 hours ago, PokemonBrothers said:

On the same ******** opponent benched a Dedenne, used the ability, then scooped it up, and used the ability again. I thought you could use this ability only once.

 

Extract from the logfile:

    148. AZawai attached a Lightning Energy to Pikachu & Zekrom-GX.
    149. AZawai played Electropower.
    150. AZawai put Dedenne-GX onto the Bench.
    151. AZawai drew a card.
    152. AZawai drew a card.
    153. AZawai drew a card.
    154. AZawai drew a card.
    155. AZawai drew a card.
    156. AZawai drew a card.
    157. AZawai played Electropower.
    158. AZawai played Super Scoop Up.
    159. AZawai flipped 1 coin(s), resulting in 1 heads and 0 tails, for Super Scoop Up.
    160. AZawai put Dedenne-GX onto the Bench.
    161. AZawai drew a card.
    162. AZawai drew a card.
    163. AZawai drew a card.
    164. AZawai drew a card.
    165. AZawai drew a card.
    166. AZawai drew a card.
    167. AZawai played Electropower.

 

 

Ticket Submitted

 

Hello PokemonBrothers,

 

I'm sorry to hear you think you may have found a bug. 

 

The game log provided is very helpful for us. You've done it right submitting a ticket to our support team. They will review it to make sure it is a bug.

 

By the way, I've edited the title of your topic to match the format used in this sub.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobRatt
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PokemonBrothers said:

On the same ******** opponent benched a Dedenne, used the ability, then scooped it up, and used the ability again. I thought you could use this ability only once.

 

Extract from the logfile:

    148. AZawai attached a Lightning Energy to Pikachu & Zekrom-GX.
    149. AZawai played Electropower.
    150. AZawai put Dedenne-GX onto the Bench.
    151. AZawai drew a card.
    152. AZawai drew a card.
    153. AZawai drew a card.
    154. AZawai drew a card.
    155. AZawai drew a card.
    156. AZawai drew a card.
    157. AZawai played Electropower.
    158. AZawai played Super Scoop Up.
    159. AZawai flipped 1 coin(s), resulting in 1 heads and 0 tails, for Super Scoop Up.
    160. AZawai put Dedenne-GX onto the Bench.
    161. AZawai drew a card.
    162. AZawai drew a card.
    163. AZawai drew a card.
    164. AZawai drew a card.
    165. AZawai drew a card.
    166. AZawai drew a card.
    167. AZawai played Electropower.

 

 

Ticket Submitted

 

This isn't a bug, and is working as intended.

 

When he used Super Scoop Up, and placed Dedenne a second time, it is considered an entirely new Pokémon.  This happens when Pokémon change Zones (discard to hand, bench to hand, discard to bench, etc.).  And yes, the new Pokémon could use his Ability.

 

EDIT:  Oops.  Sorry about the confusion.  (see below)  :huh:

 

Edited by RobRatt
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PokemonBrothers
1 hour ago, RobRatt said:

 

This isn't a bug, and is working as intended.

 

When he used Super Scoop **************************************** is considered an entirely new Pokémon.  This happens when Pokémon change Zones (discard to hand, bench to hand, discard to bench, etc.).  And yes, the new Pokémon could use his Ability.

 

I have to disagree, the text is : 

When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may discard your hand and draw 6 cards. You can't use more than 1 Dedechange Ability each turn.
 

 

"1 Dedechange Ability each turn" even if the pokemon change zone or what-not, the ability is the same for all the DedenneGX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobRatt
9 minutes ago, PokemonBrothers said:

I have to disagree, the text is : 

When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may discard your hand and draw 6 cards. You can't use more than 1 Dedechange Ability each turn.
 

"1 Dedechange Ability each turn" even if the pokemon change zone or what-not, the ability is the same for all the DedenneGX

 

You know, I think you're right.  Sorry for the reflex answer.  I didn't go into the game to read the card, and haven't played Dedenne yet myself.  I'm just so used to similar questions (i.e. Exeggcute) that I didn't go further.

 

With the text, "You can't use more than 1 Dedechange Ability each turn," it's pretty obvious you've found yet another bug (oh, yaay!), and it's good that you've submitted a Support Ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mod_Turtle

Hi PokemonBrothers,

 

Thank you for reporting this and posting a game log. I'll round up notes for this and make sure to send it over to the development team for review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PokemonBrothers
Just now, Mod_Turtle said:

Hi PokemonBrothers,

 

Thank you for reporting this and posting a game log. I'll round up notes for this and make sure to send it over to the development team for review.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PokemonBrothers

Got a reply from support, not the good answer though (it looks like they didn't even read DedenneGX card at all, they read super scoop up though)

 

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support! It looks like Super Scoop Up was played during this game. The card text states "Flip a coin. If heads, put 1 of your Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand". If this card was played and Dedenne-X was put back into the player's hand, they could then use the Dedechange ability again. 

Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PokemonBrothers
Posted (edited)

ok, finally got the right reply from support

 

[Please remember sharing personal information on the forum is not permitted  - Mod_Jynthu]

Thank you for writing back in. After further review it looks like the development team is already aware of the issue with this ability being used more than one per turn. If you happen to run into any other issues, do not hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Edited by Mod_Jynthu
Removed personal information
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mod_Jynthu

Hello PokemonBrothers,

 

Thank you for sharing that update!

 

Please note that I have edited your post to remove the personal information contained there (your name). Sharing personal information on the forums is not permitted for your protection.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...