Quinike98

[PC] Login - Connection error on Windows, but not on Mac

Quinike98
Posted (edited)

I am able to run te game on my Mac but lately not been able to run it on my Windows pc.

It keeps saying "Checking for refresher update" after a while it will say "Could not connect to Server".

How to fix it?

Steps done:

Reinstalling multiple times.
Deleting all files and reinstalling.
Running the application itself with administrator permissions and without admin (not the shortcut, the application itself)

Running the refresher itself with administrator permissions and without admin

Edited by Quinike98
Accidently pressed space and it posted

Mod_RedDragon

Hey there!

If the uninstall/reinstall did not fix the issue, you may need to check your network to see if something is blocking the connection to the game. I posted some networking steps below. If you still are unable to connect, please reach out to the support team by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the PTCGO option, and then selecting "Contact Us". 

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list. * Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).