GrewupGeek

Detective Pikachu-What's the Verdict?

GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, just got back from the theater, and seen the Detective Pikachu movie, along with got my cards.  My questions are, what did you think of it?  Is it something that would encourage you to see more Live Pokemon movies?  What was the other card you got in your pack, since there is a Detective Pikachu card in all of them?  Since there is a sequel in the works, is there anything you would like to see happen in it?

Basically share your experience without spoiling too much.

As for me, I enjoyed it.  How they were able to make the Pokemon World come to life where I wish was there, or that Pokemon Go would be some kind of portal to there.  When it comes to the sequel, would like to see how they could bring Mega Evolution to life.  And the card I got was a Charmander.

kodking

i have not seen the movie but i have been trying to find out what ever i canbefore i see it so i understand the most of it and wont have to rewtach it to refigure out things and wait months till it is released on disc, also i was never told a sequel would come out, is there like a cut scene at the end or what, i would love to see mega evolution, Z crystals and alolan pokemon it the movie

SKBellmore

I’m going to see it next weekend. After seeing the trailers I’m really excited.

GrewupGeek
7 hours ago, kodking said:

i have not seen the movie but i have been trying to find out what ever i canbefore i see it so i understand the most of it and wont have to rewtach it to refigure out things and wait months till it is released on disc, also i was never told a sequel would come out, is there like a cut scene at the end or what, i would love to see mega evolution, Z crystals and alolan pokemon it the movie

It's mentioned in news articles that they already planned a sequel even after they finished, and considering how well opening night has done, Legendary is probably getting started on it, along with preparing for the Red and Blue movie.

And for the best description for Detective Pikachu without spoiling anything, while it pays it's respects to the games and the anime, even the cards and maybe the manga, but it's more of an introduction to a whole new kind of canon.

kodking

yeah the only thing that remotly ties it to the series with ash in is the jiggly puff, but i just think thats an easter egg

GrewupGeek

Well, if you haven't seen the movie yet, then see it at your convenience.  You might be surprised on some things.

Mod_Alder

I thought the movie was great, and I was really impressed at how much they captured the spirit of Pokémon while making an original story. 

SKBellmore

I liked it because it shows a revelation. Of which character I will not say cause I don’t spoil.

Mod_Jynthu

I really enjoyed the movie! I thought the representations were great, and I loved getting a glimpse of all the background details that you don't necessarily get when watching the anime or playing the games. I definitely want to see it again!

Mod_Poplar

Hey Trainers!

I'm a little late to the party, but I finally got to see Detective Pikachu over the weekend and have to say, it was so much fun! I was expecting the fun and the intrigue, but there were some super heartwarming moments too. I feel like I need to rewatch it to catch all of the Pokémon in the background scenes.

Spoiler

Audino was super adorable and fitting for a newscaster!