FF7Cloude

[GAME] Challenges not being properly counted

FF7Cloude

okay so this has been happening to me alot lately, the knock out pokemon challenges doesnt seem to get properly counted when i knock out an opponents pokemon. i played 3 matches and knocked out a total of 7 pokemon(the other 2 had quit during the match, one of those 2 matches i knocked out a pokemon), but they werent counted towards my challenge. my current challenge is knock out 16 pokemon with dragon types for a random booster pack, and so far it shows i only knocked out 2 pokemon, instead of 7. this has happend to me alot, even when i just knock out 1 pokemon for that same challenge, it gets completed but no rewards, i go back and see it was reset back to 0.... idk if thats an update issue or what...

XK920XK

i dont know your deck but keep in mind that the knockout challenge only counts normal damaging attacks as knockouts (ie tackle)

things like placed damaged counters do not count as towards knockout challenge

things like poison/burn are not actually knockouts on your turn but considered inbetween turns.

Mod_GuruLot
10 hours ago, FF7Cloude said:

okay so this has been happening to me alot lately, the knock out pokemon challenges doesnt seem to get properly counted when i knock out an opponents pokemon. i played 3 matches and knocked out a total of 7 pokemon(the other 2 had quit during the match, one of those 2 matches i knocked out a pokemon), but they werent counted towards my challenge. my current challenge is knock out 16 pokemon with dragon types for a random booster pack, and so far it shows i only knocked out 2 pokemon, instead of 7. this has happend to me alot, even when i just knock out 1 pokemon for that same challenge, it gets completed but no rewards, i go back and see it was reset back to 0.... idk if thats an update issue or what...

Hello FF7Cloude, 

Thank you for reporting this possible bug. 

If you could, please post a game log or partial game log the next time you run into this.

It would help the community and staff to check on the cards and interactions you are dealing with.

By the way, I'm editing the title of this thread to make it more descriptive.

GR0

I can confirm this bug. It's been several months, but there was a time where I needed 2 more KO's, and I did them (through attacks, with the proper type of course). I then conceded, only to see my challenge progress by 1 KO only.

SandaledOtter
Posted (edited)

I've been seeing counts differ from what I thought I'd gotten, but thought it was just me miscounting while trying to stay on top of the game being played and the notes I was making while streaming. Though I'm not certain it was always an undercount, either....

ADDENDUM:

I streamed a grass evolution challenge today. I used a Lost March deck, evolving 3 Hoppip to Skiploom, then using Floral Path to the Sky on all three to bring out Lost March Jumpluffs. There are no other evolving pokemon in the deck, and I was credited with 5 evolution cards played. That number is wrong whether the Jumpluff swap is counted or not (it is). There's a clip of this match on my Twitch channel.

(I did finish the challenge with another match.)

Edited by SandaledOtter
Additional info

Mod_GuruLot

Thank you @GR0 and @SandaledOtter for bringing more light on this possible bug. 

It doesn't seem to appear in the known issues thread so that I'll go ahead and forward this to out development team for further review.

Mod_Poplar

Hi Trainers!

We have not been able to reproduce this or track down a potential cause yet. We would really appreciate if you could post your game logs here or submit them to us via support ticket. For anyone who is new to submitting a ticket, you can do so by clicking the link in any moderator's signature, selecting Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, and choosing "Contact Us".

The more game logs we receive, the better, as we'll be able to cross reference and see if we can find any common links. Thanks in advance for your help!

SandaledOtter

I'll watch for it next time I have a challenge for it then.