Sign in to follow this  
KitIlealis

Using attacks of previous evolutions

KitIlealis
Posted (edited)

Is there any thing that will be standard 2020 that let's you use attacks of previous evolutions like the Shrine of Memories did in XY?

And then if so, if a pokemon can 'use an attack is that the same as 'having an attack'.

For perspective if an evolved litten can use cat urday attack b/c of effect does Persian make its attacks free of energy cost?

Edited by KitIlealis

SKBellmore
12 minutes ago, KitIlealis said:

Is there any thing that will be standard 2020 that let's you use attacks of previous evolutions like the Shrine of Memories did in XY?

And then if so, if a pokemon can 'use an attack is that the same as 'having an attack'.

For perspective if an evolved litten can use ******** attack b/c of effect does Persian make its attacks free of energy cost?

Memory Energy LOT is pretty much the same effect of Shrine of Memories.

And yeah I’m pretty sure the evolved Litten could use it’s attacks free.

KitIlealis
Posted (edited)

Nice I wanted to try a caturday deck

Edited by KitIlealis

KitIlealis
Posted (edited)

So the online game is NOT letting evolved pokemon with a memory energy benefit from the no energy effect of Gathering of Cats.  I don't know if that's the online game not working properly or if that's how it works and the attack 'cat urday' has to actually be printed on the card not gained through an effect. 

Edited by KitIlealis

Felidae_

It works as intended.

A “Pokemon in play” only counts the highest evolution of a card in play, meaning that despite being able to use Meowth's attacks, your Persian / Persian GX in play don't have the ******** attack. (Being able to use =/= having the attack).

SKBellmore
4 hours ago, Felidae_ said:

It works as intended.

A “Pokemon in play” only counts the highest evolution of a card in play, meaning that despite being able to use Meowth's attacks, your Persian / Persian GX in play don't have the ******** attack. (Being able to use =/= having the attack).

Oh, that makes sense.

KitIlealis

So did the Mew EX work back in the day because it wasn't evolved?  I used to use it a Meloetta EX deck where Mew counted as 'having' the Round attack while it was on your bench.

Just asking to see if this Mew EX could attack for free in Expanded?

KitIlealis

Oh well. It doesn't seem to work.  

Does anyone know will there be more cards with Cat urday in upcoming Japan sets?

Zaalgia

only way i know of is Memory Energy

Mod_Turtle

@Felidae_ Thank you for clearing up the ruling for this situation.

Sign in to follow this