GrewupGeek

All because of two little games

GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, with the Pokemon franchise celebrating 23 years, I can't help but ask if anybody feels something about how much things changed since Red and Blue came out into the world?  Like if you were to look back, would you feel amazed how what some people thought would be a fad like virtual pets, only to see how much it has grown now?  Or say, what started off as three branches, being the video games, trading cards, and the anime, only for it to explode big time by Pokemon 20, where new paths are being paved all the time?  For example, with Detective Pikachu bringing Pokemon to life in a way, it's bound to open new ground on a lot of things.

For me, well, all I can think of is what a journey.  How everything started by buying RBY for the Game Boy, only to become more amazed at how Pokemon seems to be expanding into so many new territories, I'm just glad to be part of the trip.

• Upvote 1

Mod_Alder

I am continuously amazed that I can go to a card shop and play Pokemon with 10 year olds who are getting into Pokemon around the same age I was when it was first released. The Pokemon world has had amazing durability.