dominikhale

Starting out with the TCG

dominikhale

So my girlfriend wants to start playing the card game and so I want to do the same, what are some of the best/high value products and/or decks to buy for a beginner?

Sniperi96

1.Theme decks. Currently Relentless Flame, Torrential Cannon and Blazing volcano are the top contenders. Theme decks offer both deck than has far easier time winning in pvp(theme deck format), offer many staple supporters such as cynthia, guzma and lillie and you can compete with them in tournaments to win tradable booster packs(do not open these! packs are trading currency in the game). Also you will have far easier time doing trainer challenge(if you like that).

2. Trades itself cost coins depending on the time you set trade up for.  However, if trade goes through you get full refund. Google ou7c4st to find card value guide that gives estimates of cards(mainly gxes) values in packs. However always check trading section to see with what kind of values players are trading currently (use filters by clicking "cards" in upper left corner to either see what for people are trading the card for by checking "I'm getting" or what people are giving for card by checking "I'm giving"). Basic idea to get more packs is to create offer in which you give less than people are asking for the card(usually 1 pack less) and the put it on trade with value people are usually asking for it (or if possible, little cheaper). I think if you google something along the lines "Pokemon TCG online trading guide" you will find guides that will give you good starting point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
16 hours ago, Sniperi96 said:

1.Theme decks. Currently Relentless Flame, Torrential Cannon and Blazing volcano are the top contenders. Theme decks offer both deck than has far easier time winning in pvp(theme deck format), offer many staple supporters such as cynthia, guzma and lillie and you can compete with them in tournaments to win tradable booster packs(do not open these! packs are trading currency in the game). Also you will have far easier time doing trainer challenge(if you like that).

2. Trades itself cost coins depending on the time you set trade up for.  However, if trade goes through you get full refund. Google ou7c4st to find card value guide that gives estimates of cards(mainly gxes) values in packs. However always check trading section to see with what kind of values players are trading currently (use filters by clicking "cards" in upper left corner to either see what for people are trading the card for by checking "I'm getting" or what people are giving for card by checking "I'm giving"). Basic idea to get more packs is to create offer in which you give less than people are asking for the card(usually 1 pack less) and the put it on trade with value people are usually asking for it (or if possible, little cheaper). I think if you google something along the lines "Pokemon TCG online trading guide" you will find guides that will give you good starting point.

Hello Sniperi96, 

Thank you for helping out other trainers. Awesome tips!