Jump to content
AutumnAlchemist

What are some cards that you want back in rotation?

Recommended Posts

AutumnAlchemist

With the recently announced rotation for 2020, what are some cards that you guys wish would come back?

 

For me, it would have to be N, Colress, and the hypnotoxic laser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XK920XK

well, if you are a fan of "N" ing your opponent down to 1-2 cards at the end of a game, the new item card "reset stamp" is coming out and that does the same thing but it lets you keep your hand and its an item card.

 

Otherwise for a reprint, i just want hex maniac to come back or a similar card to it to be made.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKBellmore
Posted (edited)

I would like Professor Sycamore and Brigette back.

 

This probably won’t happen, but it would cool to see a form of Shaymin EX again.

Edited by SKBellmore
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AutumnAlchemist
1 hour ago, SKBellmore said:

I would like Professor Sycamore and Brigette back.

 

This probably won’t happen, but it would cool to see a form of Shaymin EX again.

I don't know why, but Professor Sycamore's golden alternative A makes me super happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKBellmore
40 minutes ago, AutumnAlchemist said:

I don't know why, but Professor Sycamore's golden alternative A makes me super happy.

It’s called Yellow A Alternate, and I like it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightFlarion

Hey all! ?

 

The cards I wished they would bring back would definitely be the ace-spec trainer cards. Computer Search, Scoop-up Cyclone, Dowsing Machine, Master Ball, etc.... I really liked all the ace spec trainer cards, I felt they really made added an extra dimension to decks! (Plus I was a big fan of all the Black & White booster sets lol)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AutumnAlchemist
20 minutes ago, LightFlarion said:

Hey all! ?

 

The cards I wished they would bring back would definitely be the ace-spec trainer cards. Computer Search, Scoop-up Cyclone, Dowsing Machine, Master Ball, etc.... I really liked all the ace spec trainer cards, I felt they really made added an extra dimension to decks! (Plus I was a big fan of all the Black & White booster sets lol)

I agree with everything this man said because it's exactly what I wanted him to say!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKBellmore
25 minutes ago, LightFlarion said:

Hey all! ?

 

The cards I wished they would bring back would definitely be the ace-spec trainer cards. Computer Search, Scoop-up Cyclone, Dowsing Machine, Master Ball, etc.... I really liked all the ace spec trainer cards, I felt they really made added an extra dimension to decks! (Plus I was a big fan of all the Black & White booster sets lol)

Yeah, I do miss the Ace Specs, but I think the only good one that hasn’t had a replacement is Dowsing Machine.

 

Computer Search-We’re getting Reds and Greens Search in a few weeks.

Crystal Wall/Edge-Do we want a replacement of these though?

Gold Potion-Healing isn’t really a big part of the meta (unless you play CeleSaur).

Dowsing Machine-Nothing really. There’s Molayne coming for Metal types.

Scramble Switch-Just use Switch and Energy Switch, you can search with Alolan Ninetales GX

Victory Piece-Again, do we want a replacement?

Life Dew-LOT Shedinja

Rock Guard-We had Bursting Balloon and Rockey Helmet, but we now have better tools like Choice Band and Wishful Baton.

G Booster/Scope-Another time, do we want a replacement?

Master Ball-We have Nest Ball, and Basics are a big part of the meta, especially as Zoroark GX and Lycanroc GX are soon rotating.

Scoop Up Cyclone-We had AZ, and now we have Acerola and Super Scoop Up.

 

Although, I do miss Ace Specs and their mechanic, and Prism Stars are somewhat continuing the Ace Spec Mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sniperi96
On 20. huhtikuuta 2019 at 12:26 AM, SKBellmore said:

Yeah, I do miss the Ace Specs, but I think the only good one that hasn’t had a replacement is Dowsing Machine.

 

Computer Search-We’re getting Reds and Greens Search in a few weeks.

Scramble Switch-Just use Switch and Energy Switch, you can search with Alolan Ninetales GX

Scoop Up Cyclone-We had AZ, and now we have Acerola and Super Scoop Up.

 

I personally wouldn't view these as replacements as while ace specs were item cards, many of the cards you mentioned as replacements are supporters. Red's challenge is by no means comparable to computer search simply because it takes your support for the turn, while computer let's you basically even search support and play it or what ever card the situation calls for.  Greens search is really promising(seemingly one of the best cards in the set) but again is limited by being support and demanding you to not have abilities in play.

 

"Just use Switch and Energy Switch, you can search with Alolan Ninetales GX".Yes, but that's already 2 cards(switch and energy switch) demanded to be in my deck, combo with ninetales demands me to have both vulpix (or ditto) and ninetales in my deck and it demand me to set up ninetales or drawswitch and energy switch. Yes, very doable, but by no means actual replacement for scramble switch. And actually,  scramble switch lets you move any amount of energies and any energies while with energy switch you are limited to moving one basic energy. And scramble switch is searchable by ninetales meaning you could pick up both scramble switch and one item by it.

 

Super scoop up is limited in usability by the coin flip and az is limited once again by it being support.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKBellmore
1 hour ago, Sniperi96 said:

I personally wouldn't view these as replacements as while ace specs were item cards, many of the cards you mentioned as replacements are supporters. Red's challenge is by no means comparable to computer search simply because it takes your support for the turn, while computer let's you basically even search support and play it or what ever card the situation calls for.  Greens search is really promising(seemingly one of the best cards in the set) but again is limited by being support and demanding you to not have abilities in play.

 

"Just use Switch and Energy Switch, you can search with Alolan Ninetales GX".Yes, but that's already 2 cards(switch and energy switch) demanded to be in my deck, combo with ninetales demands me to have both vulpix (or ditto) and ninetales in my deck and it demand me to set up ninetales or drawswitch and energy switch. Yes, very doable, but by no means actual replacement for scramble switch. And actually,  scramble switch lets you move any amount of energies and any energies while with energy switch you are limited to moving one basic energy. And scramble switch is searchable by ninetales meaning you could pick up both scramble switch and one item by it.

 

Super scoop up is limited in usability by the coin flip and az is limited once again by it being support.

 

 

Ok, maybe replacements weren’t the right term.  I meant that we have things with similar effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Otakutron

Hmm... probably nothing that is currently Expanded-legal, or would be if it wasn't on the Ban List. XD  The TL;DR version is I would prefer the Standard Format be slower, not faster. ;) I've been missing Delcatty (EX - Ruby & Sapphire 5/109; EX - Power Keepers 8/108), I suppose.

 

Ugh, I've typed and retyped something about six times now.  I'll just say it, so pardon me if it sounds odd.  Ace Spec cards were fun and did add a certain layer of skill to the game, but I think it also added an unfortunate kind of luck and maybe even "brokenness".  This is the TCG where the term TecH was coined; only being able to run something as a single isn't the kind of drawback it would be elsewhere.  Ace Specs being recyclable has caused some issues as well, which is why I think Prism Stars were an attempt at "fixing" the Ace Spec concept.

 

A different TCG, however, introduced a concept that I think may have perfected this formula.  That once-per-game "trick" card?  Make it something set aside at the beginning of the game.  It might be a really strong - and conditional - effect or it might just be generally useful without quite as much power.  The specific game I'm thinking of actually lets you pick three such cards to run alongside your actual deck, but those cards belong to certain related families; you only get to pick one to use (out of the three) each game, selected before setting up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightFlarion
13 hours ago, Otakutron said:

Ugh, I've typed and retyped something about six times now.  I'll just say it, so pardon me if it sounds odd.  Ace Spec cards were fun and did add a certain layer of skill to the game, but I think it also added an unfortunate kind of luck and maybe even "brokenness".  This is the TCG where the term TecH was coined; only being able to run something as a single isn't the kind of drawback it would be elsewhere.  Ace Specs being recyclable has caused some issues as well, which is why I think Prism Stars were an attempt at "fixing" the Ace Spec concept.

 

Yeah I see what you are saying. The power ace-spec cards contained could definitely lead to decks exploiting there use more than once per game (such as life dew in Junk decks). Also I felt that when a players ace spec card would be prized definitely gave an advantage to the other player.

 

I also totally agree with you, I wish standard format would be slower. (The Ruby/Sapphire TCG block ruled! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKBellmore
29 minutes ago, LightFlarion said:

also totally agree with you, I wish standard format would be slower.

After the rotation, we’re all going to be wishing the format was faster IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sniperi96
3 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

After the rotation, we’re all going to be wishing the format was faster IMO.

Well, we still got expanded in which you can set up magikarp & wailord with 8 energies or start hitting 200+  with rayquaza on your first turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKBellmore
3 hours ago, Sniperi96 said:

Well, we still got expanded in which you can set up magikarp & wailord with 8 energies or start hitting 200+  with rayquaza on your first turn.

I acknowledge that, although, I rarely play Expanded, as well as I am lacking Expanded Staples (Karen, Compressors, VS Seekers, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Otakutron
9 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

After the rotation, we’re all going to be wishing the format was faster IMO.

 

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  I mean, going either way; we're two sets away (at least, official release dates) from that point, so it isn't just [Current Metagame = Rotated Sets].  You may be absolutely correct, and I may find it as frustrating as the original Modified (what we now refer to as Standard) Format.  The "Rocket-On" era was painfully slow.  Then again, I rarely faced or ran competitive decks back then, so my impression of the game is likely skewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...