SandaledOtter

Hello New Forum!

TPCi_Mathis
3 minutes ago, SKBellmore said:

Thanks! Although, I would prefer that the dev team would re-implement the ability to edit posts first.

We had to temporarily disable this yesterday evening due to a bug with the profanity filter. A fix for the bug was deployed this morning and we've re-enabled the edit post feature.

SKBellmore
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TPCi_Mathis said:

We had to temporarily disable this yesterday evening due to a bug with the profanity filter. A fix for the bug was deployed this morning and we've re-enabled the edit post feature.

Ohhhh.... Ok. 

Thanks for the response.

Also, what’s the story with signatures? Are they being permanently removed?

Edited by SKBellmore

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

@Staff, I just wanted to say, "Thank you." for your work on this new forum software.  And for listening.  It's not going unnoticed the little touches you've added, such as Horizontal Rule and most importantly, the Undo & Redo buttons.

There is one other feature the old software had that I personally miss.  There was a drop-down arrow for each thread that would allow you to go to "the last post," regardless of whether it was read or not.  Obviously, this isn't a major item, but it helped on multi-page threads (or even single ones), so that you don't have to scroll down each time.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
11 hours ago, RobRatt said:

@Staff, I just wanted to say, "Thank you." for your work on this new forum software.  And for listening.  It's not going unnoticed the little touches you've added, such as Horizontal Rule and most importantly, the Undo & Redo buttons.

There is one other feature the old software had that I personally miss.  There was a drop-down arrow for each thread that would allow you to go to "the last post," regardless of whether it was read or not.  Obviously, this isn't a major item, but it helped on multi-page threads (or even single ones), so that you don't have to scroll down each time.

Hello RobRatt, 

That's a good point! Thank you!

I've gone ahead and forwarded your message regarding the scroll-down feature (it's so handy, indeed) for the new software to our development team.

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:46 AM, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello RobRatt, 

That's a good point! Thank you!

I've gone ahead and forwarded your message regarding the scroll-down feature (it's so handy, indeed) for the new software to our development team.

Hey, good news.  I just realized, this may not be necessary.  When you're looking at a forum section, if you click the thread's time on the far right (2 hours ago, Yesterday, Thursday, etc.), it jumps you to the last post in that thread.

Edited by RobRatt

TheBlackxRanger

Well this is some good news! The old forums were so ooooooooold, too many limitations

Mod_GuruLot
On 5/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, RobRatt said:

Hey, good news.  I just realized, this may not be necessary.  When you're looking at a forum section, if you click the thread's time on the far right (2 hours ago, Yesterday, Thursday, etc.), it jumps you to the last post in that thread.

Hello RobRatt, 

Glad to hear that! Hurrah!! :D