SandaledOtter

Hello New Forum!

SandaledOtter

I hope you're better than the old forum. Do you have a "view unread" link for each thread? I suppose I might not see it yet, since you think I've never read anything. Well, we'll see. Good luck!

• Like 1

Mod_RedDragon

Welcome to the new forum! ?

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

Seems like all of the existing posts have extra spaces between paragraphs (big gaps).  Is this intended?  I see that when we hit the "return" key now, it automatically skips a line.  Is this the cause?

Also, where are all of the Friends in our Profile?  Is that something forgotten, or done away with?

I've noticed that many players don't have their Avatars in the new forum.  Is that because they haven't logged into this new software yet?  Maybe it will take more time for them to load into this new version?

Last thing, does anyone see where we can edit in BBCode mode?  That was very handy with the older forum, because it doesn't always work as intended, especially when the censor messes up formatting, etc.  There were also elements like Horizontal Rule that don't seem to be available with this new software.

Edited by RobRatt

WingsofFire1014

Hey new forums! 

I like it. It looks like other forums out there.?

LordKieta

I guess it's a good thing I don't do trading companies anymore because it looks like all the work I put into understanding good formatting is gone and all my charts are ruined. Not necessarily a bad thing, since again, I don't do it anymore, but still... 
At least, with this new forum, there is SOME KIND OF HOPE that there will be new content in the game, because these past couple years it feels like things have only been taken away, and nothing new has been added.

• Upvote 3

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

As mentioned above, this new software automatically adds a double-space between paragraphs.  This works for standard writing, but makes single-spaced lists (such as a list of cards for trade) very difficult.

There is a workaround, assuming this won't get fixed right away.  Instead of hitting the Enter/Return key, hold Shift + Enter for single spacing.

@Staff, when editing posts, where's the Undo buttons?  We're even dumber when we can't fix mistakes.

EDIT:  This double-spacing has now been fixed.  Thanks.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Like 1

Chasista

I don't like right now.

Probably better, but I'm lost in new format. I need time to be used, I know. Is what happens with changes. But I'm like these old people that don't like changes ?

I would love a DARK MODE. So white all around. Or at least darker background. Is maybe there and I can't see the option ?

New Emojis are so familiar ?

LordKieta
43 minutes ago, Chasista said:

I don't like right now.

Probably better, but I'm lost in new format. I need time to be used, I know. Is what happens with changes. But I'm like these old people that don't like changes ?

I would love a DARK MODE. So white all around. Or at least darker background. Is maybe there and I can't see the option ?

New Emojis are so familiar ?

Gotta agree here. A Dark Mode would be fantastic. And this is coming from someone who doesn't ever use Dark Mode on any platform. I like things to be bright. 

But this is too bright. 

• Like 1

LordKieta
Posted (edited)

Things I really like:

1. The leaderboards page is NICE. Maybe I'm biased since I'm on both, but it's still a nice step in the right direction. 

2. I can finally add images!!! I didnt check if I can add pictures from a website that isn't Pokemon and if you can, I'd remove that if you know what is good for you, but I'm sure you can't. But being able to add cards to my posts is really really nice. 
EX11_EN_54.pngShelgon approves. 

Edited by LordKieta
  • Upvote 1

SKBellmore

Ok, there are some new things I love about this forum.

1. I don’t have to use my app to put in Bolds, Itallics, Emojis, etc. (because I use the forums on mobile

2.We have images! I’m actually really excited.

3. I can add spoilers now!

4. Can I quote posts. Omg I can! I love this!

What I don’t like is:

1. This forum is killing my eyes!

2. The color scheme. Wait, there isn’t one, because it’s all white.

• Upvote 1

WingsofFire1014
Posted (edited)
Spoiler
Spoiler

I was testing around the new options.

Edited by WingsofFire1014

Chasista
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LordKieta said:

Things I really like:

1. The leaderboards page is NICE. Maybe I'm biased since I'm on both, but it's still a nice step in the right direction. 

2. I can finally add images!!! I didnt check if I can add pictures from a website that isn't Pokemon and if you can, I'd remove that if you know what is good for you, but I'm sure you can't. But being able to add cards to my posts is really really nice. 
EX11_EN_54.pngShelgon approves. 

I'm not excited with the Leaderboards page. It's for who wants to check it and it's curious to know who had more likes in a day or something like that (is that what Ive seen?). Anyway, the new vote system became weird to me. It's good in the way no post appears with negative votes (only). I mean they appear but not only positive or negative, appear both. Still don't know if the heart does something or counts in any manner. I hearted the Kieta's previous to this quoted message so well, there it is. I think the votes are lot more public now and it shocks me.

Shelgon approves, haha love it. It's a good feature! Indeed I've seen images from OUTSIDE pokémon offcial sites in foruem already so... it seems is possible! (I don't know how to do it but check > http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/71375-error-al-ingresar-al-juego/ )

BTW, to arrive to what used to be "My content" you need to click once more than before. More hidden. I used that a lot so I'll have to click a lot more daily. There's something similar with Activity label, but still have to get how to use it properly.

1 hour ago, WingsofFire1014 said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I was testing around the new options.

You could have said, I've opened everything to find the hidden message hahah.

This message was written 3h ago or so but I forgot it was in an open tab in my browser waiting to click publish LOL

Edited by Chasista

Otakutron
8 hours ago, Chasista said:

Aye.  I'd be really excited for a "retro" Dark Mode; black background, bright green text.  Because I'm old enough to remember learning on an Apple IIe. XD

Felidae_

I hear a distant whisper and footsteps that slowly approach me. The light is blinding my eyes, but ever so slightly I adjust to my strange surroundings. Amidst the strange instruments that sparkle in an unnatural chrome finish a lone white chair sits prominent in the middle of the room. I use the term chair, because the vague shape of the cube reminds me of a luxury furniture, envisioned by designers whose approach to “style over substance” has transcended space and time.

The footsteps grow louder and by turning my head ever so slightly I see two shapes approaching in the corner of my eye. Dressed all in white, each of them carries around a clipboard, an archaic tool that feels utterly out of place is this room that emerges seemed to have emerges out of the wet dream of an Apple designer in the early 2000's.

“Test subject F_193, we have been pleased with your progress so far. As a token of our gratitude we have upgraded your peripheral perception and gave your cell a new makeover. Based on the data we gathered of your species, this room should now resemble a “hip” and “stylish” spot to “chill and “relax”.”

I briefly contemplate about the absurdity of this entire situation, yet the only clear though that emerges in my brain is the burning question to ask my non-descriptive detainers, if they got design lessons by staring at some Jackson Pollock paintings. Before this thought is actually formed into an audible sentence, the two have already left the room.

Since my eyes have now adjusted to the brightness of my new surroundings, I begin to inspect the tools at my disposal. Despite the new look, I feel the comforting embrace of the familiar overlay. Certain buttons still puzzle me, but in due time I should be able to figure out there use.

Adding pictures was a nice touch. Now I won't have to restrain my work to mere text, a rush of excitement pumps blood through my veins.

A vague look at the leader boards confirms it: I'm still only number two. They promised me that this **** would end once I reached number one. Maybe it's just another part of their game, but there is no turning back now. I settle down in the cube that somehow still hasn't tricked my mind enough into calling it a chair and begin to write. For now. Until they keep visiting me again and explain the purpose of it all.

Pokemon TCGO Forum, rise of a new era.

RobRatt

Sorry guys.  I tested to see if an offsite picture (very innocent) could be added to a post.

It could.

5 minutes later, the option to "insert picture" was removed.

P.S.  Someone at TPCi is working hard behind the scenes, and following our responses.  The double-spacing between paragraphs has now been fixed too.

Chasista
54 minutes ago, Felidae_ said:

I hear a distant whisper and footsteps that slowly approach me. The light is blinding my eyes, but ever so slightly I adjust to my strange surroundings. Amidst the strange instruments that sparkle in an unnatural chrome finish a lone white chair sits prominent in the middle of the room. I use the term chair, because the vague shape of the cube reminds me of a luxury furniture, envisioned by designers whose approach to “style over substance” has transcended space and time.

The footsteps grow louder and by turning my head ever so slightly I see two shapes approaching in the corner of my eye. Dressed all in white, each of them carries around a clipboard, an archaic tool that feels utterly out of place is this room that emerges seemed to have emerges out of the wet dream of an Apple designer in the early 2000's.

“Test subject F_193, we have been pleased with your progress so far. As a token of our gratitude we have upgraded your peripheral perception and gave your cell a new makeover. Based on the data we gathered of your species, this room should now resemble a “hip” and “stylish” spot to “chill and “relax”.”

I briefly contemplate about the absurdity of this entire situation, yet the only clear though that emerges in my brain is the burning question to ask my non-descriptive detainers, if they got design lessons by staring at some Jackson Pollock paintings. Before this thought is actually formed into an audible sentence, the two have already left the room.

Since my eyes have now adjusted to the brightness of my new surroundings, I begin to inspect the tools at my disposal. Despite the new look, I feel the comforting embrace of the familiar overlay. Certain buttons still puzzle me, but in due time I should be able to figure out there use.

Adding pictures was a nice touch. Now I won't have to restrain my work to mere text, a rush of excitement pumps blood through my veins.

A vague look at the leader boards confirms it: I'm still only number two. They promised me that this **** would end once I reached number one. Maybe it's just another part of their game, but there is no turning back now. I settle down in the cube that somehow still hasn't tricked my mind enough into calling it a chair and begin to write. For now. Until they keep visiting me again and explain the purpose of it all.

Pokemon TCGO Forum, rise of a new era.

Black Mirror, Season 5, Pilot ???

If you know what I mean ?

SKBellmore
44 minutes ago, RobRatt said:

P.S.  Someone at TPCi is working hard behind the scenes, and following our responses.  The double-spacing between paragraphs has now been fixed too.

If there is more TPCi staff working on the forums than the game then I will *self-censored*

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

Dear Staff,

Is there any way you might rethink "insert pictures," at least from in-house Pokémon sites?  Can pictures be limited just like outside links?  It's totally understandable why it's not allowed from other sites, but adding card graphics, etc. would improve conversations and liven up the forum.

Edited by RobRatt

Mod_Alder

Hello trainers. thank you to everyone for giving your feedback to our forums update. I will forward this thread to the development team for review. 

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mod_Alder said:

Hello trainers. thank you to everyone for giving your feedback to our forums update. I will forward this thread to the development team for review. 

Hey there.  Could you also forward to Admin that the Edit feature (for posts or threads) no longer exists (as of this evening).

I made a typo in another post, but cannot fix it because "Edit" is missing.  Without a way to fix boo-boos, this place could get pretty ugly.  Also, there are threads that I've maintained for months (e.g. Different Cards Owned) that will be useless without edits/updates.  Others have threads that require updates too.

Please, I hope this is a temporary glitch??

EDIT:  As everyone can see, it was fixed.  Thank you.

Edited by RobRatt

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, RobRatt said:

Hey there.  Could you also forward to Admin that the Edit feature (for posts or threads) no longer exists (as of this evening).

I made a typo in another post, but cannot fix it because "Edit" is missing.  Without a way to fix boo-boos, this place could get pretty ugly.  Also, there are threads that I've maintained for months (e.g. Different Cards Owned) that will be useless without edits/updates.  Others have threads that require updates too.

Please, I hope this is a temporary glitch??

Hello RobRatt, 

Thank you for the reminder. The issue with the Edit Feature has already been forwarded to our development team and is being reviewed. 

We can't confirm when this will be fixed. Please stay tuned for new updates in the Patch Notes & Known Issues thread. 

Thank you for your patience while the issue is being resolved. 

LordKieta

It would be nice to get notifications or something if our post is removed. 

SKBellmore
53 minutes ago, LordKieta said:

I agree. I had a couple posts removed from a thread I created yesterday (it’s in the Other Pokémon Topics forum if you want to check it out.)  as well as one of my own got removed, which I had no prior knowledge of.

Mod_GuruLot
5 hours ago, LordKieta said:

4 hours ago, SKBellmore said:

I agree. I had a couple posts removed from a thread I created yesterday (it’s in the Other Pokémon Topics forum if you want to check it out.)  as well as one of my own got removed, which I had no prior knowledge of.

Hey there!

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm passing this along to our development team. 

Even though, we can't promise its implementation but we do always read and pay attention to every single suggestion we receive.

SKBellmore
2 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hey there!

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm passing this along to our development team. 

Even though, we can't promise its implementation but we do always read and pay attention to every single suggestion we receive.

Thanks! Although, I would prefer that the dev team would re-implement the ability to edit posts first.