Sign in to follow this  
Sibuna3011

Buying a Deck for 500P!

Sibuna3011

Hello Guys :) Which Deck would you buy for 500P?

I choose between the newest Charizard one
OR
the one with Sylveon on the Decktop :)

Which should i take? A answer would be very nice :) Thank you <3

SKBellmore

I think your referring to theme decks.

Buy Relentless Flame (Charizard).

Sibuna3011

Yes i do. Cause im new to the Pokemon TCG.
So im not sure how to make a good Deck :/

But thanks for the help <3

GR0
Posted (edited)

If it's a good deck you want, you want a Sun/Moon deck as they really upped the quality there (in steps, meaning the 3 Starters are the worst Sun/Moon decks though even those are still far more consistent than older ones, but it seems since a couple of sets ago they reached the level they wanted).

Older decks such as the Sylveon deck are pretty much piles of cards instead of an actual deck, and brick often.

Edited by GR0
  • Upvote 1

Mod_Alder

Hello trainers, thank you everyone for helping out a fellow player.

Otakutron

Hello, Sibuna3011.

Given a choice between those two, specific Theme Decks, to use in the Theme Format (Theme Deck versus Theme Deck) of the PTCGO, strongly recommend Relentless Flame.  If we are talking about your first Theme Deck purchase on the PTCGO, focused on using it to progress in the Reward Ladder or Tournaments using the Theme Format, then I suggest going with Blazing Volcano, instead.

The reasoning behind my recommendation is as GR0 said: Theme Decks from the Sun & Moon-era seem to be as good or better than the best older Theme Decks.  There may be exceptions, but that Sylveon one is not one of them.  I was originally impressed by it when it was new... but I kept testing, and pretty soon I realized I'd had quite a lucky streak those first few games. XD

Even when it comes to the Sun & Moon-era Theme Decks, all are definitely not equal.  Theme decks have been slowly improving even just among the Sun & Moon Theme decks.  The ones to consider getting are

• Mach Strike
  • Imperial Command
  • Tropical Takedown
  • Leaf Charge
  • Hydro Fury
  • Storm Caller
  • Blazing Volcano
  • Relentless Flame
  • Torrential Cannon

I find Blazing Volcano to be the most reliable because of the draw/search options it contains, the attack options it contains, and how it all works.  Relentless Flame is better if you're focused on winning or losing quickly (but preferably winning) instead of trying to consistently win.

SKBellmore

I had a couple PMs with Sibuna. I’m pretty sure he bought Relentless Flame already.

Sign in to follow this