OU7C4ST

Is it public knowledge or possible to find out how many Devs. there currently are?

OU7C4ST
Posted (edited)

"Share & Discuss your thoughts on Pokemon TCG Online"

This category's description best suits where I should ask this question I guess since it is related to the game of PTCGO in one way or another.

I'm curious how many people are currently working as part of the Developmental Team of Pokemon TCG Online.

I ask this as we've had numerous Dev. Team members reach out, and discuss with the community on other social media platforms, and here on the forum in the past, and now it's been radio silence.

We've lost so many great features on the game over the months including, but not limited to:

- Gem Purchases
- Tournament Ticket Purchases
- Weekly Shop Bundle Rotations
- Following up on "Wayback Wednesday" Events, or trying new weekly events.
- Special Challenges
- Special Tournaments that distributed Gameplay Items, etc. (We're still missing Solid Gold Blastoise Sleeves)
- Legacy Tournaments
- Unlimited Format as a whole
- No way to obtain trade-able copies of HG/SS cards/packs again
- Consistent Holiday Events
- Random Double Token Earning Weekends, etc.
- Any real outside social media presence. Since Samhayne, Mike, & Briersting has left, no other Devs will communicate anywhere close on the same level.

A-lot of us are left to believe TPCi_Mathis is the only full time Dev. Team member, and he is carrying the weight of the game on his back to be able to get stuff out as fast as he can, which in turn only gives us the bare basics. Is this a realistic conclusion?

If anyone knows more about this topic, or know how to find out how many members are currently working on this full time, I'd love to know.

I understand Dire Wolf Digital is behind this, but ever since their newest game has come out, I'm not sure if PTCGO is cared for as much now since it's not their own creation. That's how it certainly feels after the game has been getting neglected heavily for the last few months now. :(

Edited by OU7C4ST
  • Upvote 4

SKBellmore
On 4/14/2019 at 5:17 AM, OU7C4ST said:

"Share & Discuss your thoughts on Pokemon TCG Online"

This category's description best suits where I should ask this question I guess since it is related to the game of PTCGO in one way or another.

I'm curious how many people are currently working as part of the Developmental Team of Pokemon TCG Online.

I ask this as we've had numerous Dev. Team members reach out, and discuss with the community on other social media platforms, and here on the forum in the past, and now it's been radio silence.

We've lost so many great features on the game over the months including, but not limited to:

- Gem Purchases
- Tournament Ticket Purchases
- Weekly Shop Bundle Rotations
- Following up on "Wayback Wednesday" Events, or trying new weekly events.
- Special Challenges
- Special Tournaments that distributed Gameplay Items, etc. (We're still missing Solid Gold Blastoise Sleeves)
- Legacy Tournaments
- Unlimited Format as a whole
- No way to obtain trade-able copies of HG/SS cards/packs again
- Consistent Holiday Events
- Random Double Token Earning Weekends, etc.
- Any real outside social media presence. Since Samhayne, Mike, & Briersting has left, no other Devs will communicate anywhere close on the same level.

A-lot of us are left to believe TPCi_Mathis is the only full time Dev. Team member, and he is carrying the weight of the game on his back to be able to get stuff out as fast as he can, which in turn only gives us the bare basics. Is this a realistic conclusion?

If anyone knows more about this topic, or know how to find out how many members are currently working on this full time, I'd love to know.

I understand Dire Wolf Digital is behind this, but ever since their newest game has come out, I'm not sure if PTCGO is cared for as much now since it's not their own creation. That's how it certainly feels after the game has been getting neglected heavily for the last few months now. :(

Yeah, I’ve been curious  about this too.

• Like 1

AutumnAlchemist

They probably only have a very small handful of devs only because the PTCGO doesn't make any money, because of that the game may fall into disrepair.  This would really suck for people like me who don't have any friends who play the physical card game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

OU7C4ST
9 hours ago, AutumnAlchemist said:

This would really suck for people like me who don't have any friends who play the physical card game.

I hear that my dude!

Growing up in a very rural area (Small town of less than 900 people), it was rough trying to find others interested in TCGs. I lucked out by having quite a few friends that were into them as much as I was, but I really feel for those who aren't that lucky. As I get older now, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find players my own age lol.

Darksoul1234
Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, AutumnAlchemist said:

They probably only have a very small handful of devs only because the PTCGO doesn't make any money, because of that the game may fall into disrepair.  This would really suck for people like me who don't have any friends who play the physical card game.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-features-retiring/
Pokemon seem to be distant them self away from Pokemon TCGO.

Pokemon TCGO going down the road right now...for almost a year.

Edited by Darksoul1234

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Darksoul1234 said:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-features-retiring/
Pokemon seem to be distant them self away from Pokemon TCGO.

Pokemon TCGO going down the road right now...for almost a year.

Thanks for pointing it out, but I see that notice completely different.  They're talking about the Pokémon website, not PTCGO.  Thank our lucky stars, they're trying to consolidate resources.  By getting rid of the inconsequential junk on the Pokémon website, they should be able to dedicate more man-hours to the actual products we use and play every day.

Stamps, Pins, etc. on the site alone??  These were wasted effort to begin with.  How many friends login to the website to see what Stamps we have collected?

Mini games??  Maybe fun for a few, but there's a lot of development time (for fluff) that could be used elsewhere.  Did anyone even know there was a leaderboard for these mini games?

Pokémon TV friend activity??  Really.  Does anybody follow their friend's TV activity?

Trainer Builder, Tokens, on the site??  This is duplicated effort that already exists in the games.  It never synced properly to begin with.

Edited by RobRatt