Sign in to follow this  
SKBellmore

Chinese Spam?

SKBellmore
Posted (edited)

???????????????????????? ???????????? ????????????????, ???????????????????????? ???????????????? ???????????????? ???? ???????? ???????????? ???????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ???????? ???????????????????? ????????????????. ????????????????, ???????? ????????????'???????? ???????????? ???????????????? ???????????????? ???? ???????? ???????????????????????????? ????????????????????, ???????????? ???????????? ???????? ???????????????? ???????? ???????????? ???????????????????????? ????????. ???????????????????????? ???????????????????? ???????????? ???????????????????? ???????? ????????????.

Hello,

So, if you’ve seen today, the Chinese spammer (or spammers) is at it again. The last thread about this was last year, and it seems as nothing has changed. Are the Mods doing anything about this?

I translated it (I’m bad at it) and you’d be surprised at what I found. It was mostly about him being a parent, him trying to get his kid in (or back in) to college, it seems like form though. That’s the gist of it, I couldn’t translate everything.

I think it’s a single person because all of the spam threads are pretty much the same thing. The person is probably just creating new accounts.

Or, it could be a bot. Bots are a growing problem in the game and could potentially be one in the forums.

But these are just theories. What do you guys think? No, seriously, I want to know.

Well thanks for reading!

Post #150, Yay!

Edited by SKBellmore

Sakura150612

They're most definitely bots, based on the sheer number of different account they use. There's sadly not much the Mods can do besides manually ban each account and delete their posts.

To my knowledge, it should be possible to just ban problematic domains such as Q from registering, but I have a feeling that if the solution were that simple they would have done it ages ago.

• Upvote 3

GR0

From the looks of it, it's just random nonsense. Usually there's an ulterior motive such as trying to get people to download a keylogger, but these particular spambots are just weird and that's it.

SKBellmore

Ok, thanks for the responses. I was gonna mention the domains, but I don’t have time as I had to leave right after posting. Thanks again!

SKBellmore

Again? Not again!

Felidae_

Or, it could be a bot.

You are on a hot track there Mr. Sherlock Holmes. If you dig deep you might also uncover the curious case of the Nigerian prince who needs to move his vast fortunes out of the country, the mysterious coincidence of your long lost blood relatives from Asia, whose entire inheritance could be yours for the small price of a minor fee to their lawyer, as well as the astounding case of the magic pills that are going to enlarge your wife's happiness tenfold.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

SKBellmore
Posted (edited)

I like your sense of humor. ????

Edited by SKBellmore

Mod_Turtle

Hey Trainers!

I know this topic has been going on for a while now and the spammers can be a bit annoying. A few backend changes have been made in the last few months in effort to thwart the spammers. So far it looks like there has been a considerable drop in spam posting but occasionally things will show up. If you ever see any type of spam like this, please feel free to report the thread by clicking the report button on the bottom right of the thread. The moderation team should be able to clean it up in no time and make sure the account is unable to continue posting spam. Usually the moderation team will be able to catch the spam shortly after it is posted but we do appreciate any help from the community with reporting these threads.

OU7C4ST

Hey Trainers!

I know this topic has been going on for a while now and the spammers can be a bit annoying. A few backend changes have been made in the last few months in effort to thwart the spammers. So far it looks like there has been a considerable drop in spam posting but occasionally things will show up. If you ever see any type of spam like this, please feel free to report the thread by clicking the report button on the bottom right of the thread. The moderation team should be able to clean it up in no time and make sure the account is unable to continue posting spam. Usually the moderation team will be able to catch the spam shortly after it is posted but we do appreciate any help from the community with reporting these threads.

Just want to say this is actually a great response, and more than we usually get such as "We'll forward your thoughts to the Dev. team", or the one sentence copypasta. Keep up this kind of transparency! Thank you.

• Upvote 4

Sign in to follow this