Sign in to follow this  
Trainer751142

(GAME BUG) Flaming Fighter Ability does not stack as does Panic Spores Ability

Trainer751142

Recently encountered what I believe is a bug. If the effect of the Panic Spores ability from Parasect (Team Up# 7/181) can stack damage, then, by that same logic, Infernape’s (Ultra Prism# 59/131) Flaming Fighter ability should stack as well. The way both abilities describe how the damage counters are placed on opponents Pokémon is exactly the same so I believe Infernape’s ability should stack as Parasects does.

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

Burn and Poison already place damage counters, whereas Confusion (with Parasect) does not.  While these Abilities are similar, the "instead of" wording (6 instead of 2) with Infernape makes a difference.  Burn damage only happens one time between turns.

Here's the official ruling...

Q. If I have multiple Infernapes in play, does each of their "Flaming Fighter" Abilities add 6 more damage to my opponent's burned Pokemon in between turns?
A. No, Infernape's Flaming Fighter ability does not stack. You are simply placing 6 damage counters instead of 2, regardless of how many Infernapes are in play. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this