Pajacyk

[CARD] Crustle's ability bug

Pajacyk

Crustle (Boundaries Crossed 85)

Ability (Sturdy)

If this Pokémon has full HP and would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, this Pokémon is not Knocked Out and its remaining HP becomes 10 instead.

Crustle was at full HP and opposing empoleon dealt 120 damage and KO'd it. Strangely empoleon's HP was reduced to 130 (so 10 less than it's full HP 140) so it seems that sturdy ability was applied to opponent's pokemon instead.

Mod_Turtle

Hello Pajacyk,

Thank you for reporting this. I'm rounding up notes for the dev team. Was the Empoleon in play the Diving Draw Ability Empoleon? If possible, please post a game log for this issue if you have one or if you encounter this again.

Thank you.

nana000
Posted (edited)

I have played two games since the update using Heracross (11/147) and the two times heads was spun it did not use the ability, instead, the opponent received a prize card and then their pokemon received full damage and was knocked out... which was to my benefit, however not so for them ( both times Ex and GX ).

No other cards were in play to cause this.

Edited by nana000
  • Upvote 1

LiquidLutetium
Posted (edited)

Cofagrigus NVI 47, Crustle BCR 85, Donphan LOT 112, and Heracross BUS 11 all have similar abilities which state that if they would be knocked out with full HP remaining or if they would be knocked out and a coin is flipped to the result of heads, they survive with 10 HP remaining. However, this is not the current result of the abilities on PTCGO. If any of the previously mentioned cards have their abilities triggered (in the case of Cofagrigus and Heracross a heads is also flipped), instead of the intended effect, the Pokemon will still be knocked out instead of surviving with 10 HP but damage will be dealt to the opponent’s active Pokemon until they have 10 HP remaining (for example: Zoroark-GX SM-P 84 has 210 HP, 200 damage will be dealt).

This glitch is incredibly easy to use as an advantage as people can run cards such as Shedinja LOT 95 to prevent prizes from being given to the opponent and cards like Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123 to do 10 damage to the opponent’s Pokemon through poison to finish off the knock out. As a result, the best temporary solution to the issue is to temporarily ban all four of the previously mentioned cards until a proper bug fix can be implemented due to the potential dangers of letting the cards be played in their current glitched state on the ladder.

Edited by LiquidLutetium
  • Upvote 4

Pajacyk

Hello Pajacyk,

Thank you for reporting this. I'm rounding up notes for the dev team. Was the Empoleon in play the Diving Draw Ability Empoleon? If possible, please post a game log for this issue if you have one or if you encounter this again.

Thank you.

Yes, it was diving draw empoleon. I simulated this situation once more. Here's the log:

108. Trainer801979's Empoleon used Attack Command and did 110 damage to Pajacyk's Crustle.
109. Trainer801979 took a Prize card.
110. Mew became Pajacyk's new Active Pokémon.
111. Pajacyk's Crustle was Knocked Out.

112. It is now Pajacyk's turn (Turn #6).

Unfortunately there is no information about 130 HP dealt to empoleon but it was clearly visible on the screen.

jaltoom

Client: 2.62.0.4320

Card: Honedge
Card Number: Forbidden Light #46

Wrong Action: (Final Hour) Honedge is my Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, put 3 damage counters on opponent's Active Pokemon. (non-selectable)
Correct Action: Honedge is my Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, put 3 damage counters on 1 of opponent's Pokemon. (selectable)

Mod_GuruLot

Client: 2.62.0.4320

Card: Honedge

Card Number: Forbidden Light #46

Wrong Action: (Final Hour) Honedge is my Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, put 3 damage counters on opponent's Active Pokemon. (non-selectable)

Correct Action: Honedge is my Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, put 3 damage counters on 1 of opponent's Pokemon. (selectable)

Hello jaltoom, 

We're sorry to hear you may have found a bug, though thank you for letting us know. 

We've passed this on to the development team so that they can review it further. 

The title of your topic has been updated with the correct category.

Hope this helps!

FishermanMatt

I have experienced this too! I submitted a ticket as well hoping they will patch this soon!