Sign in to follow this  
Chasista

[AUTO-Solved] Program crashed (nothing I can do to reinstall!) see #3

Chasista

This morning the game don't opened. It just appeared like a small 2 inches wide, narrow bar, so clearly was not working as intended.

Since yesterday, everything was good and I have had little to no problems with the game more than a couple times since 2015 or so.

As it was not working, I tried to reinstall, uninstall and repair. Nothing to do.

I just removed the game manually, including all the Thepokemoncardgame folder in C:/users/appdata (which worked last time I had to reinstall, years ago)

I just searched for any single file and cleaned even the registry, reboot once and a again.

Nothing to do.

When I choose to Install, I can wait forever in the welcome screen for the client let me push the Continue button (which is greyed).

When I try to Repare or Uninstall, User_profile appears.

This is absurd.

We deserve something better. First, the game not dying one day to another for no reason. But if happens, anything easier to reinstall without having to do voodoo to computer and pray all the Nordic Gods in addition.

Actually, I made everything I read here and in pokémon Support site. Now I have no more ideas. And please Mods, don't tell me to check if computer meets the requirements of the game, yesterday it was all just right.

Aside, I could update the game in an old Mac I have after failing also several times, but any text of the game is a blurry dark mark (I don't mean text of the cards, these are images). Not an issue I'm worried now as I don't plan to use it actually to play, but come on, can't this game just work fine?

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

Mod_Lyam

Hi Chasista,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.The "USER_PROFILE" error when trying to install or uninstall is a typically a permissions issue with your Windows User Account. Please try the following methods to work around this:

Refresher Method
  • Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
  • Run the installer
  • Find the folder in which you installed the game, named PokemonTradingCardGameOnline, and run the Refresher executable manually.
  • Run the game client and log in
Manual Client Update Method
  • Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
  • Run the installer
  • Open the add/remove programs window in control panel
  • Right click The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
  • Choose the 'Change' option
  • This will run the Refresher executable, after which you should be able to Repair or Uninstall the game
  • If repairing doesn't correct the issue, choose 'Uninstall' from the menu
  • After the game has successfully uninstalled, reinstall the game using the newest installer file (downloaded above)
New Admin Method
  • Create a new administrator account on your computer
  • Run the installer from the new admin account, indicating that you are installing for all users
  • If issues are still experienced, use the Refresher and Manual Program Update methods above with the newly installed files
If none of these methods resolve the issue, please send a ticket to our support team to get further help.

Thank you!

Chasista

Ridiculous.

Once you come desperate to forums is when yo already tried everything. This is the "bot" preconstructed answer all around, probably the directives ordered by TPCi (or whatever). But just reading the previous post, it's not possible to give "solutions" for 'WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THE GAME". I already did, and I said!!

Miracle: User_profile doesn't appear anymore. Now, I can't repair because there's no program installed (it says this option is for installed programs, and as It's not in the computer, I can't do it).  I can't uninstall for the same reason. Says the same.

Just trying to Install, and now "the downloaded package is not a valid installer". I just downloaded from the official site. What does mean it's not a valid installer? The program is unable to install itself?

The only wise tip is to write to support, but seeing how did managed the last 3 tickets I sent, it's loosing time. But I'll do, what if not...

I say again, we deserve something better.

Chasista

OK, I ended entering Windows Registry and erasing manually some keys I found related to the game.

Of course, you always must do a copy of the Registry (File > Export) and save it (better in an external device (USB, Hard drive) just in case something goes wrong, BEFORE erasing anything.

"Finding" tool is very useful (CTRL+F shortcut)

I've been able to reinstall finally after two days and a lot of searching and trying.

This SHOULDN'T be the solution to the uninstalling/reinstalling problems of the game though. Client installation needs to be improved. It's sad to see so much problems around.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this