aaaaaaaak

Team Up MUST HAVES

aaaaaaaak

This thread is open for discussion of what cards from team up are must have.

What cards do you think will be used to pair with others in the future?

I am a big fan of black market and I have really liked my new Hoops gx. But both seem somewhat common and inexpensive.

I noticed that jirachi is very sought after. The tag teams are great, but I am not up for losing 3 prize cards.

What cards do you are worth keeping an eye on?

Mod_Turtle

Stellar Wish Jirachi has my vote!

SM9_EN_99.png

aaaaaaaak

Why is this the one?

I dont see the value!!!!

What are you pairing with?

Chasista

Around 13 packs right now. The main must of TEU.

Let you find once per turn a Trainer card. ANY trainer card in the 5 next card of pile. And then with Escape board, you retreat. You can even do a couple Jirachi a turn, then Guzma. It's powerful to get any item, tool or the supporter you need. Kind of Zoroark's Trade ability, it's "free" drawing.

A couple Jirachi can fit in ANY deck.

Zapdos is another good card. Pairing with PikaKrom or Lighting tool deck, actually you can make a deck based on Jirachi and Zapdos as once Jirachi's retreat, Zapdos hits for 80 for a single energy + Choice band + Electro power... 140 to GX, 110 to noGX. But you can use more than one Electropower per turn so can 1HKO a Lele GX for example with 2 Electro power. And you're giving 1 prize in exchange.

Pikachu & Zekrom is powerful. You can loose 3 prizes but, the GX attack let's you get 4 in a lot of cases, and even you could get the 6 over already damaged TTs.

Not just about TEU cards but, the most successful competitive decks lately are: Blacephalon, Zapdos variants, Pikachu & Zekrom (with or without Zapdos), Zoroark/Lycanroc and Malamar variants.

• Upvote 3

The3rdGuardian

I've seen a lot of people offering trades looking for wailord and magikarp GX and I'm curious if anyone can help me understand why. 

RobRatt

I've seen a lot of people offering trades looking for wailord and magikarp GX and I'm curious if anyone can help me understand why. 

Archie's Blastoise, in the Expanded format.

Pokemon - 14

2 Blastoise BCR 31

2 Magikarp & Wailord-GX PR-SM 166

1 Palkia-GX FLI 20

1 Volcanion Prism Star FLI 31

1 Onix LOT 109

3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

2 Exeggcute PLF 4

1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

1 Giratina LOT 97

Trainer - 35

2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 124

1 Professor Juniper PLB 84

1 N FCO 105

1 Guzma BUS 115

1 Acerola BUS 112

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

4 Battle Compressor PHF 92

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

4 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103

2 Order Pad UPR 131

1 Professor's Letter BKT 146

1 Field Blower GRI 125

1 Computer Search BCR 137

1 Choice Band GRI 121

1 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Viridian Forest TEU 156

1 Silent Lab PRC 140

Energy - 11

11 Water Energy 3

• Upvote 1

aaaaaaaak

That blastoise is awesome.

My buddy has the gx blastoise in Japanese. It's not released in states yet.

I wish I could read it. Lol

Chasista

I wish I could read it. Lol

Blastoise GX - Stage 2 - Water type

Evolves from Wartortle

Ability | Solid shell: This pokémon takes 30 less damage from attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

2 [W] Rocket splash: 60X

Shuffle any amount of ]W] Energy from your pokémon into your deck. This attack does 60 damage for each card you shuffled in this way.

1 [W] Big hose down GX

Attach any number of [W] Energy from your hand to your pokémon in any way you like.(You can't use more than 1 GX atack in a game)

Weakness: Grass 2X - Resistance: None | Retreat cost 3

• Upvote 3

aaaaaaaak

Interesting

Sniperi96
Posted (edited)

Stellar Jirachi gets my vote too for quite self explanatory reasons. To come up with something myself will say Erika's hospitality. Card that while not played usually  more than 1-2 copies, brings nice amount of draw power against decks that try to stacks bench full (malamar,zoroark especially) and gives some extra safety against let loose shenanigans. Has seen constant play in both current tcg and also in recent ocg tournaments so don't see any reason for it to drop in play after next expansion.

Btw,just a newbie question, but after next rotation happens, do we still have lillie or not?Because if not that would certainly make erika's even better.

Edited by Sniperi96

SKBellmore

I’m not sure but we might still have Lillie. Lillie has an Ultra Prism reprint. I don’t think Ultra Prism is being rotated, but then again I may be wrong.

Chasista

Btw,just a newbie question, but after next rotation happens, do we still have lillie or not?Because if not that would certainly make erika's even better.

Under normal circumstances I think will rotate if not reprinted in May or August sets of course.

SUM, GUR, BUS, CRi, UPR, FLi, CES, LOT, TEU, May, Aug it's 11 sets (+ where is the mini set of SUM era?). Normal would be cut 5 to 6 sets so if last Lillie release is UPR, will remain only for Expanded format.

I can't now 100% sure tho but this is my thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sniperi96

Under normal circumstances I think will rotate if not reprinted in May or August sets of course.

SUM, GUR, BUS, CRi, UPR, FLi, CES, LOT, TEU, May, Aug it's 11 sets (+ where is the mini set of SUM era?). Normal would be cut 5 to 6 sets so if last Lillie release is UPR, will remain only for Expanded format.

Thank you for this!

aaaaaaaak

Around 13 packs right now. The main must of TEU.

Let you find once per turn a Trainer card. ANY trainer card in the 5 next card of pile. And then with Escape board, you retreat. You can even do a couple Jirachi a turn, then Guzma. It's powerful to get any item, tool or the supporter you need. Kind of Zoroark's Trade ability, it's "free" drawing.

A couple Jirachi can fit in ANY deck.

Zapdos is another good card. Pairing with PikaKrom or Lighting tool deck, actually you can make a deck based on Jirachi and Zapdos as once Jirachi's retreat, Zapdos hits for 80 for a single energy + Choice band + Electro power... 140 to GX, 110 to noGX. But you can use more than one Electropower per turn so can 1HKO a Lele GX for example with 2 Electro power. And you're giving 1 prize in exchange.

Pikachu & Zekrom is powerful. You can loose 3 prizes but, the GX attack let's you get 4 in a lot of cases, and even you could get the 6 over already damaged TTs.

Not just about TEU cards but, the most successful competitive decks lately are: Blacephalon, Zapdos variants, Pikachu & Zekrom (with or without Zapdos), Zoroark/Lycanroc and Malamar variants.

totally overlooked this. This is the answer to my jirachi question. I'm gonna build a electric deck and try it out. Thanks

Toklopo

This is incorrect; SLG was released between BUS and CRI and thus the next Standard format will most likely be UPR-on, unless TPCi decide to suprise the players.

Chasista

This is incorrect; SLG was released between BUS and CRI and thus the next Standard format will most likely be UPR-on, unless TPCi decide to suprise the players.

I can't remember when the Standard format converted into Breakthrough onwards, removing, XY, FLF, FUF, PHF, PRC, ROS, AOR = 7 sets (+KSS +6 trainer kits +DCrisis), probably not last rotation but the one before, leaving us with BKT, BKP GEN, FCO, STS, EVO, SUM, GUR and BUS maybe?

Is this possible?

So I still think the cut sets could be SUM, GUR, BUS, SHL CRi, UPR, FLi, CES, LOT, TEU, UNB, Aug making 6 and 6 or something like that, summing up the next sets in Nov 2019 and so.

But again, I don't know, it's my thought as I told before :)

• Upvote 1

Toklopo
Posted (edited)

I can't remember when the Standard format converted into Breakthrough onwards, removing, XY, FLF, FUF, PHF, PRC, ROS, AOR = 7 sets (+KSS +6 trainer kits +DCrisis), probably not last rotation but the one before, leaving us with BKT, BKP GEN, FCO, STS, EVO, SUM, GUR and BUS maybe?

Is this possible?

So I still think the cut sets could be SUM, GUR, BUS, SHL CRi, UPR, FLi, CES, LOT, TEU, UNB, Aug making 6 and 6 or something like that, summing up the next sets in Nov 2019 and so.

But again, I don't know, it's my thought as I told before :)

Another fact that speaks for an UPR-on format is that two supporters that are exclusive to the SuMo-era -Lillie and Lusamine- both got reprints in Ultra Prism, so why rotate both the original prints and the reprints at the same time? The point of reprinting is to increase a card's legality in Standard. (Excluding alt. art promos.)

Also, Cynthia was also released in this set and doesn't have a reprint yet, and if UPR rotated, the Standard format would have little to no draw supporters. In hindsight, I think the fact that Cynthia is UPR-only is enough proof that this set will not rotate this year. Unless we get a surprise Cynthia reprint in Unbroken Bonds or in August.

Edited by Toklopo

SKBellmore

It’s not that we wouldn’t be left with many draw supporters, it’s that we wouldn’t be left with many good draw supporters. We have some that are not rotating like:

-Kahili

-Ingo & Emmet

-Copycat

-Hau

And the list goes on (I think)...

Toklopo
Posted (edited)

That's why I wrote little to no draw supporters.

btw we will also get Welder in Unbroken Bonds but that is only for fire. Right now Cynthia is the most balanced "universal" draw supporter and imo it would be a huge mistake to rotate UPR as it would leave Standard with only subpar trainer-based draw support. Unless Tpci want us to chain 2 Haus after Lt. Surge's Strategy of course, but even they are not that terrible at game design. I hope.

Edited by Toklopo

SKBellmore
Posted (edited)

Yeah, true. Unbroken Bonds doesn’t really have draw support. If we don’t get reprints in are August set (which I think is called Sky Legends [or is that Japan?]) or good draw support then I don’t know what to do. Hopefully we’ll get some good draw support. Also, with them designing Machamp/Broken Time Space, and Shiftry/FOGP, we’ll see what TPCi brings next.

Also, Mismagius/Lt.. Surge’s Strategy is gonna be good. WAY good.

Edited by SKBellmore

SKBellmore

Good news! Lillie is getting a reprint!