BomberBoy6578

Help with newbie online deck

BomberBoy6578

Hi all, i have been posting a lot of chats recently, all of which have been on physical pokemon cards. However, now i need some help on my quite recently made online account. So, i have redeemed all my code cards (quite tedious) done the first set of trainer challengers (think its called gold league?) and have been doing some expanded vs attack (have done quite well I think). Meanwhile, I have been buying structure decks. However, I am looking to create a deck that can do even better in standard or expanded.

So, I will list all my good cards (ex’s and GX’s) and all my structure decks. Then I will need advice on any good deck suggestions, how to get the cards (good trades I can make with cards I have) and good things to buy. Also, if you are wondering wether I have a card, just ask, I will reply as soon as possible.

So, firstly my good pokemon:

Yveltal EX

Genesect EX

Leafeon EX

Sigilyph GX

Delphox BREAK

Marshadow GX (from vs attack, will hopefully make it to the second one!)

Alolan Ninetails GX

I know it is not much to work off, but you can tell me what to trade or just what cards and I will try my hardest to get them!

Now my theme decks:

Metagross theme deck

Zygarde theme deck

Articuno theme deck

Garchomp theme deck

Alolan ninetails theme deck

Lunala theme deck

There are a few other older one that I cant remember right now. Will post them when I remember or check.

So, just tell me any other theme decks to buy that might have a few cards to go towards the deck. Also say what cards I need from it because I may already have them!

So, in summary, please suggest a good deck for Pokemon online (standard or expanded, though standard is preferable) that is realistic for me to get quickly (no extremely good decks that will take ages to get). Also mention theme decks to buy or any suggested trades I should make.

I will post anything I have forgotten.

Thanks to anyone who helps out, I will definitely take into consideration anyone who replies.

BomberBoy6578

Pls anyone post any ideas at all, even if its just a deck list, it will be welcome!

SKBellmore

Is the Alolan Ninetales GX fairy type?

SuperStone
Posted (edited)

From this, the most obvious suggestion would be to build a garchomp deck based around 2 copies of the theme deck.  That's a very popular build, and not a bad one, but it's not exactly competitively ready.

I think we can do better.  Yveltal is a deck which once reigned supreme in Expanded, and now is basically gone.  However, I'd argue it's still a good deal stronger than Mach Strike, so I'll do an overview.

The basics of the deck are extreme energy acceleration via dark patch and max elixer, big hits from Yveltal-EX, and free retreat from Darkrai-EX.  Many decks also run the newer Darkrai-EX for less risky attacks (your energy can be more spread out), which invites Darkrai-GX to the table.  I don't think there's really room for the GX in the same deck as yveltal, though.  This is what I put together (I haven't used the archetype for at least a year):

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Darkrai-EX LTR 88
* 2 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 1 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 2 Yveltal-EX XY 79
* 1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 N DEX 96
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Karen PR-XY 177
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Black Market {*} TEU 134
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 13

* 10 Darkness Energy  7
* 3 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Some of those cards may be difficult for you to get, such as Lele, but you should be able to do without them.  They do help a lot with consistency, but they aren't essential to the strategy.

Edited by SuperStone

BomberBoy6578

Firstly, no, the alolan ninetails gx is water type, i also forgot to mention that i have rayquaza ex.

Secondly, i like the idea, however, if i am going to spend that long getting that many cards, i would probably want to do it on a standard deck, though i may still use it.

Anyone got any other ideas?

BomberBoy6578

Even if you are just viewing pls just say what deck you use in the online tcg, that will really help.

BomberBoy6578

Pls someone reply to help me out!

Chasista

Easier is start in Expanded. I know the feeling, the effort to get cards. But indeed, you own a lot more Expanded staple cards than Standard when starting the game.

In addition, the Standard cards are more expensive, as they are the last cards the people still is missing. A lot of Expanded cards have low value for most of the people as everyone already have a lot and there's low demand, so prices are cheaper.

Path to follow would be: Get one of the last Theme. Blazing volcano, Relentless flame, Imperial command, Torrential cannon or Mach strike. Play Theme VS to grind the ladder and get tournament tickets as reward (and coins and the ladder rewards also). Play Theme events > Get some packs. Use the packs to trade for interesting cards for custom decks and the coins you earned to get more of the last Theme decks.

Here you have my thoughts and other fellow trainers's about best Theme decks to play and to get Staple cards, if you want to check: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/70032-theme-decks/?do=findComment&comment=620789

About best decks to build, you can check the last tournaments decks in pokémon website: https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

You can choose the one you like and go for the cards!

BomberBoy6578

Ok, i have had a think about it and have decided that yes, expanded is probably easier. Therefore, something like what you suggested could be really usefull, superstone. However, because it will take a while to make a deck like that, which cards are essential and are the ones i should get first which in can play with while getting the other cards?

Anyone can reply to this,

Thanks!

Chasista

Here you have some tips for expanded. They are from before TEU was released and every format evolves but, it changes more based on the deck you play than just because of a new set release.

Staples are still staples in most cases.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/69651-first-deck-build-avoiding-the-energy-starve/?do=findComment&comment=619102

There's plenty of these general tip answers in Deck construction forum. If you want more focused tips, you'll have to paste a list in here because tipping over the whole format becomes so vague and full of IFs.

Anyway, getting the trainers fisrt is the wise choice. You can custom any deck no matter the pokémon and will work if right trainers. On the other side if you have the most powerful pokémon but no trainers to get the cards you need to set up, won't work.