BomberBoy6578

Help with picking competitive tournament deck

BomberBoy6578
Posted (edited)

Hi all, am at a bit of a crisis.

I am ordering my (physical) pokemon cards for my solgaleo and lunala GX deck (see the chat i made) from an online store [Edited by Mod_Turtle: Posting names of sites could be considered advertising]. They have the best prices i can find however they get their cards from different stores and my cards i want are from a range of stores. They also have a policy that you have to spend at least $2 on each store, meaning i need a way to spend more money but dont want to waste it on randomncard. So i had an idea that i could order some cards for a second deck, giving me some variety on which deck i choose to play. I then thought that i want to use a newer deck idea and thought that team up GX’s was the way to go.

So, i was wondering which is the best team up gx and what is a good deck to go with it. Also, if you have a different deck idea (not team up) post it as well as i might like it. Finally, if you also know a different store which sells physical pokemon cards then please post it. It may solve all my problems.

So, in summary, pls post either a deck you think is really good or which team up GX you think is best and a recomended deck or a few cards to go with it.

Thanks

Edited by BomberBoy6578

ShannonBK

Can be expensive but Pikachu & Zekrom is very good 

SKBellmore

Yes, there’s Pikachu and Zekrom. Also Celebi & Venusaur (My list is on the post your decks thread), you could try out Latias & Latios/Starmie. If you want a different store, use Amazon. It’s a little more expensive, but you’ll get everything you need.

[Edited by Mod_Turtle: Posting names of sites could be considered advertising] $2 rule is why I don’t order from them anymore.

BomberBoy6578

That sounds good, i like the sound of pickachu and zekrom. Any good decks ideas or cards that would go well with it?

BomberBoy6578

Sorry, just searched up all of the tag teams and they are way to exspensive. Does anyone have any other relatively new decks that might be a good option to use in tournamnets.

Thanks!

BomberBoy6578

For all those wondering, i have just changed the name because tag teams are too expensive.

ShannonBK
Posted (edited)
Standard Ulra-Malamar

Pokemon - 16

4 Inkay FLI 50

4 Malamar FLI 51

2 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 95

2 Giratina LOT 97

2 Jirachi TEU 99

1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80

1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

Trainer - 33

4 Lillie SUM 122

4 Cynthia UPR 119

4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

4 Ultra Ball SUM 135

3 Guzma BUS 115

3 Switch SUM 132

2 Nest Ball SUM 123

1 Acerola BUS 112

1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

2 Escape Board UPR 122

2 Choice Band GRI 121

3 Viridian Forest TEU 156

Energy - 11

7 Psychic Energy 5

3 Metal Energy 8

1 Beast Energy Prism Star FLI 117

Jirachi is great in this deck but expensive. The rest is 2 or 3 pack cards and lower. You can use SM30/SM31 Tapu Koko to replace Jirachi although don't work so good. Remove Escape Board if so and add another Nest and what you like. Absol TUP88 or Gengar & Mimikyu (3 packs) are welcome.

Do you have 4 Zoroark-GX maybe? There are good decks with him. Zoroark-GX with Lycanrock-GX if you have the Zoroark is not expensive a lot.

Edited by ShannonBK
  • Upvote 2

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

The Pokémon Company has some useful resources right on their webpage.

The Strategy page has some newer deck lists posted to answer your first question:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/

And then there's always the winning results from recent major tournaments.  With the Top 8 from each event listed, you should be able to find a wealth of ideas.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

Edited by RobRatt

ShannonBK
Expanded Drampa-Gardobor

Pokemon - 16

2 Trubbish PLS 65

2 Trubbish NVI 48

2 Garbodor BKP 57

2 Garbodor GRI 51

2 Drampa-GX GRI 115

1 Sigilyph-GX LOT 98

2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

1 Oricorio GRI 56

1 Wobbuffet PHF 36

1 Sudowoodo GRI 66

Trainer - 34

4 N FCO 105

4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113

4 Float Stone BKT 137

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

2 Professor Juniper PLB 84

1 Brigette BKT 134

1 Colress PLS 118

1 Guzma BUS 115

1 Acerola BUS 112

1 Teammates PRC 141

1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

1 Super Rod BKT 149

3 Choice Band GRI 121

4 Parallel City BKT 145

1 Computer Search BCR 13

1 Karen PR-XY 177

Energy - 10

5 Psychic Energy 5

4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

1 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

Remember Professor Juniper is same than Professor Sycamore but you cannot play both in same deck.

You can remove Karen and add Field Blower or another card you think is good and remove something you have 4 and leave 3 to make some space. Mr Mime -Bench Barrier ability- can be played too, Psychic or Fairy. Giratina -Devour Light ability- wins the game if BREAK in front.

You can choose different ACE SPEC. Next best is Dowsing Machine but expensive. You can try Scrambble Switch and if not Scoop Up Cyclone or Master Ball  are cheap.

• Upvote 2