Sign in to follow this  
Jigglypuffan

[GAME] Private trade don't work anymore?

brdlevel

I have this glitch to i have not been able to trade since the last update because of it

awesome_guy
Posted (edited)

i'm affected by this bug as well :(

Edited by awesome_guy

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

I'm starting to think the "Dev Team" can't be more than one or two guys.  And I'm beginning to feel sorry for him/them in a way.  This app is falling apart at the seams.  It's like trying to take a date out in your old beater car, and act like you were in a Corvette.

Edited by RobRatt

CptLexorFTW
Posted (edited)

hello tcg support team, i am a long time player and i have recently run into a problem when trying to create private trades. whenever i choose to select a private trade with someone the whole trade section goes blank/glitched and i cannot choose or do anything. its also the same for if someone also wants to send me a private trade via pm. this is extremely frustrating as i know a tonne of players that aren't affected by this glitch. its been on my account ever since team up came out and its getting beyond a joke at this point (a month) i dont see it addressed anywhere on the forums except for 1 post on here. please fix this i have sooooo many cards on my account and i dont want to move from this one as it would take years :(

Edited by CptLexorFTW

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

You know what i find weird..

Its only player with a good binder who are affected...

newbie ( new player) are all fine... 

i start to wonder .. do they choose some player for X reason.

I have this glitch to i have not been able to trade since the last update because of it

@Staff, all private trades have been working fine for me, and most others.  But, it's easy to confirm that these guys can't trade in a Trading Card Game.

Both @Jigglypuffan and @brdlevel are in my friends list.  So I tested it.  While I can send private trades to just about everybody else, it's impossible with them.  When I initiate an offer to them, it just shows a blank screen with the tip of an arrow on it.  And once you try, the game "soft-freezes" right there.  You can't access the Trade button even.  To escape, you have to hit the Home button or something else.  And if they send a private trade to me, it can't be countered, and only shows that blank screen again.

With all of the players reporting a problem, why hasn't this made it to Known Issues yet?

Edited by RobRatt

brdlevel

can we get some more mod replies please?

this is crazy the support portal is not helpful and this major bug is not even recognized in the known bugs yet

a game breaking bug for a lot of players and we are not getting any help what so ever

• Upvote 1

feederdp

Since the update I have not been able to make any private trades and no one is able to send one to me , also when creating a public it takes forever to load , I reported this over a week ago now and even sent an email and nothing has been done despite a lot of people reporting the exact same thing. Why has this not been made as a known bug yet and how much longer is it going to take to get this fixed. Can a mod please reply and I don't want a message saying send a ticket or email because I've done this and nothing has been done I just want to know when this will be fixed. Thanks.

brdlevel

Yeah i agree there has been a fairly big uproar about this and its not even recognized as a bug yet the support is completely unhelpful and the mods are only replying to go use the support its ridiculous this is a game breaking bug for a lot of people

Jigglypuffan

we can see how ptcgo don't care at all to there players.

feederdp

It's actually very sad how I make a new topic asking for a mod to reply and they just add it to this to

Topic and not reply at all very poor on their behalf . Games a shambles .

CptLexorFTW

It's actually very sad how I make a new topic asking for a mod to reply and they just add it to this to

Topic and not reply at all very poor on their behalf . Games a shambles .

Yeah me too bro, i made a new post to try bring more attention to the situation and they just lumped us all in here like geoffies. support ticket unanswered in over a week, mods not even letting us know they know about it, not in known bugs. bunch of useless 'w/e you wanna put here' i refuse to spend 7 days moving hundreds of thousands of cards over to a new account just because they are too lazy to pull their finger out and do something about a pretty serious gamebreaking bug for alot of us. luckily i can still post public trades ok so i can keep afloat for now... feel sorry for the guys who can't even list a public trade. hope they do something soon, beyond a joke

OfficerShane
Posted (edited)

Just to confirm and support those on this thread...

1. It has effected only a small percentage of people, but that is still many.

2. I can have these people request trades from me, but cannot request trades from them directly.

3. However, I can request trades from others just fine.

4. When I try to request a trade, the screen starts to load then graphically load locks about one-third of the way down the screen, but the client itself is not frozen. It stops just above where the cards are view-able, loading the top border and everything, but then even that gets broken off one-third of the way down from the top. I cannot select neither their cards nor mine, but can simply cancel the trade at the X up top right. 

5. If I send them a chat and explain the trade offer, they can request the trade from me, then it works just fine and I can accept. 

6. Yet for others the whole thing works fine, I.E. trading with my wife or son, I can make offers and requests no problem. 

7. This just started for some as of the last client update (bugfix 2-26-19 I believe), but others complain it has been since the previous one. 

Just to assist in confirming the issue from someone unaffected by it but having witnessed it myself. 

Edited by OfficerShane

ShinyMegaRay

Thankfully I am unaffected by this bug, but a large number of my friends are.  It doesn't feel like a small number of people were affected by this.  Sometimes it feels almost 50/50.  Kind of like when Thanos (game devs) snapped his fingers (bug patch update) and wiped out half the universe (player base).  It's a cheesy analogy, but you get the idea.  Can the game devs please take this seriously and either restore the game to the previous version or patch the bug.  It is severely impacting everyone who plays (affected and not).  I'm not sure if this helps, but it seems like wealthier players are the ones mainly affected, but I may be wrong.  I could give a list of players from my friends list that are unable to trade if that would be of use to anybody attempting to correct this.  Pokemon is literally one of the biggest franchises in the world, they should be able to pool your resources and fix these kind of things within a couple days of the bug being reported.

OfficerShane
Posted (edited)

I'm curious what they all have in common...

OS?

Antivirus-firewall?

ISP?

Router brand?

I'm wondering if something from the recent bugfixes is triggering an issue with their system security. It seems that the information packets are only able to travel one way, coming from their client to the web and not vice versa. It's seems like an internet protocol issue...

What I would start checking is this...

I have noticed that on Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows Defender does not by default recognize Pokemon Trading Game Online as an online application. The ports are not open on the list of applications... It's not even on there at all for application able to access the internet. I would check and see if you have this problem first.

On Windows (other OS sorry, I am sure this will be similar but not exactly) type "Settings" in your search bar.

Navigate to "Update and Security" then in the search bar type "Firewall."

Open "Windows Defender Firewall," in the drop down.

Click "Allow an App or Feature Through Firewall" option and check to see if the game is on the list.

If not, you will need to go through a medium level complicated process...

Go back to your search on the taskbar and type in "Explorer."

Under the "Command" section, right+click "Explorer" and choose "Run as Administrator."

In the Explorer window click on "Local Disk: C" or wherever you installed your game. (Disk: D, E, etc.)

Navigate to C:/Users/*yourname* (whatever your user name is) -- you should see Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc folders. If not back up to the start and proceed to this step again.

Once you are in the right location, at the top, click the "View" tab then click the checkbox next to "Hidden."

You will see an "AppData" folder now.

Navigate to AppData/Roaming/Pokemon Trading Card game Online/PokemonTradingCardGameOnline -- and make sure you can now see the "PokemonTradingCardGameOnline.exe" file. If not, back to start and try again.

Now switch back over to the Firewall's "Allowed Apps" window you should have open from earlier.

Click "Allow Another App" (may need to first click "Change Settings" to enable this option) and navigate to the C:/Users/*yourname*/AppData/Roaming/Pokemon Trading Card Game Online/PokemonTradingCardGameOnline folder.

Click the "PokemonTradingCardGameOnline.exe" file and click "Open."

In the next window click "Add."

In "Allowed Apps" scroll down, find the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, highlight it, and click the "Details" button. Set the option to "Private" then accept the change.

Go back one step to "Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Windows Defender Firewall."

Click "Advanced Settings."

If you cannot trade with others -- do this: (if others cannot trade with you, select "Inbound Rules" instead -- or do both to cover all bases)

Under the "Outbound Rules" Tab look to the right, under "Actions" click "New Rule."

Select "Program" then "Next"

Select "This Program Path," then "Browse"

Navigate to: C:/Users/*yourname*/AppData/Roaming/Pokemon Trading Card Game Online/

Click on the PokemonTradingCardGameOnline.exe and then click "Open" then "Next."

Click "Allow Connection" then "Next."

If this is a laptop or tablet PC tick all three, if this is a desktop just the first two are fine, click Next.

Name it something you will remember like "Pokemon Game" and type whatever description you like.

Click "Finish."

Scroll back to the top of the "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" window and your "Pokemon Game" rule should be present (or whatever you named it)

Highlight it, right+click and select Copy (or CTRL+C) then right+click again and select Paste (or CTRL+V) to make a copy.

Pick the first one, right+click and select "Properties," the select the "Protocols and Ports" tab.

For the first rule we'll setup for TCP, so change the selection from "Any" to "TCP" under "Protocol Type."

For the next step go to "Protocol Ports" and change it to "Specific Ports" then type in "5222, 6967, 8181" into the text box. (make sure to include the commas or it will likely error as no port #522269678181 will exist)

Click "Apply," then click "Okay"

For the other rule (the one we copied) repeat these last few steps again.

Right+click Properties, but change the option to "UDP" as the Protocol Type. Specific Ports, "5222, 6967, 8181," then click "Apply," and "Okay."

Then close it all out. Restart your computer, then launch the game to test...

If you have certain routers like LinkSys models, it may be the same thing in the router.

In your taskbar search type "CMD" then right+click on "Command Prompt" launch "Run as Administrator" then in the CMD window type "ipconfig" and write down the "Default Gateway," number. Usually something like *********** or *********** -- then type that number into your browser. This will take you to your router control panel. You will need to look up port forwarding options on the router model you own to know if this is or isn't the problem.

Hopefully this helps, hope that some will try and give feedback if it resolves your problem or not... This was a common issue with old school MMO games and private network security.

TIP: Copy+Paste this into your word document program and print it out so you don't have to tab back and forth to see what was written and lose your place...

Edited by OfficerShane

OfficerShane
Posted (edited)

Thankfully I am unaffected by this bug, but a large number of my friends are.  It doesn't feel like a small number of people were affected by this.  Sometimes it feels almost 50/50.  Kind of like when Thanos (game devs) snapped his fingers (bug patch update) and wiped out half the universe (player base).  It's a cheesy analogy, but you get the idea.  Can the game devs please take this seriously and either restore the game to the previous version or patch the bug.  It is severely impacting everyone who plays (affected and not).  I'm not sure if this helps, but it seems like wealthier players are the ones mainly affected, but I may be wrong.  I could give a list of players from my friends list that are unable to trade if that would be of use to anybody attempting to correct this.  Pokemon is literally one of the biggest franchises in the world, they should be able to pool your resources and fix these kind of things within a couple days of the bug being reported.

I doubt it has anything to do with "wealth" as I am probably the wealthiest player (having 3+ of all EX/GX/Break cards+variants in the game, 9 complete sets, all but a few theme/promo decks in my collection, now hunting commons and uncommons to complete my sets) in my circle of friends. Out of all the 30 or so people I know personally on here and trade with, only 2 are affected.

It's a big problem none-the-less and horrible for those affected I'm sure, because it affects them 100% of the time! I'm not downplaying it...

However, I believe that it is something on the user side of this one, not the server side. Something changed on the server side that caused it, but being that not all are equally effected, it leads me to make the educated guess that the issue is user system specific.

More accurately user network protocol specific... Packets can go one way, not the other. 

Edited by OfficerShane

CptLexorFTW
Posted (edited)

I doubt it has anything to do with "wealth" as I am probably the wealthiest player (having 3+ of all EX/GX/Break cards+variants in the game, 9 complete sets, all but a few theme/promo decks in my collection, now hunting commons and uncommons to complete my sets) in my circle of friends. Out of all the 30 or so people I know personally on here and trade with, only 2 are affected.

It's a big problem none-the-less and horrible for those affected I'm sure, because it affects them 100% of the time! I'm not downplaying it...

However, I believe that it is something on the user side of this one, not the server side. Something changed on the server side that caused it, but being that not all are equally effected, it leads me to make the educated guess that the issue is user system specific.

show

More accurately user network protocol specific... Packets can go one way, not the other.

weird flex but ok, seriously though you sound very pompous . wealth doesn't come from how many cards you own in a game and i know people with 10 of each card bud that have/don't have this issue bud, your previous post with the steps for 'helping' us doesn't work and our games were all fine until a month ago so its obviously not a user problem its a problem on the games side not ours

Edited by CptLexorFTW

CptLexorFTW

the game is free and the mods/coders/dev team are utterly garbage. been the same way since i started playing and doesn't show any sign of letting up. this issue wont even be acknowledged for months and nothing will get done about it until half their players quit with how bad the state of this game is rn

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ShinyMegaRay

Theoretically, couldn't Pokemon just reverse any changes that were made to the trading system in the previous update?  I don't know a ton about network/protocols/etc., but I imagine restoring the previous trading system wouldn't be rocket science.  If only they would stop ignoring this thread....

ShinyMegaRay

Additionally, its worth noting that I play on both my PC (windows 10) and my android phone and I am unaffected on both platforms.  Is anybody that plays on multiple platforms affected on one and not the other?  If we could rule out the bug being based on certain accounts, that could be beneficial. 

feederdp

I play on my laptop and iPad and my account can't trade on both , not sure if it's something to do with items that you have tagged for trade but do not longer possess that are still tagged for trade just a theory anyone else ?

brdlevel

I play on my laptop and iPad and my account can't trade on both , not sure if it's something to do with items that you have tagged for trade but do not longer possess that are still tagged for trade just a theory anyone else ?

I am not sure on this but i am pretty sure i do not have any cards marked for trade that i do not own anymore and i am affected by this bug

Jigglypuffan

man pokemon are dumb.. they literally ignore everyone in here.

OfficerShane

weird flex but ok, seriously though you sound very pompous . wealth doesn't come from how many cards you own in a game and i know people with 10 of each card bud that have/don't have this issue bud, your previous post with the steps for 'helping' us doesn't work and our games were all fine until a month ago so its obviously not a user problem its a problem on the games side not ours

I didn't mean it one bit at all like how you took it. Sorry you were offended by my attempt to help... 

OfficerShane
Posted (edited)

Additionally, its worth noting that I play on both my PC (windows 10) and my android phone and I am unaffected on both platforms.  Is anybody that plays on multiple platforms affected on one and not the other?  If we could rule out the bug being based on certain accounts, that could be beneficial. 

No, it seems to have nothing to do at all with platform either, and we tested all my ideas with my friends that were affected... Nothing changed. I tried logging across Windows, Android, and IOS plats, and all were the same with the two I know that were affected by it. It didn't matter if they were on or offline either... 

It is totally specific accounts and those specific accounts were affected server-side... It is 100% on the devs. 

I wonder, if that small handful of cards that were changed is the glitch.

Looking at the update and the change list, is there anything there that is common among the affected accounts? Aside from the bug they are experiencing of course... I am wondering if they have any cards on the list of changes, if they trade those to a friend privately (those affected I know can offer me trades but I cannot offer them trades) can we pass the bug to others or will it force the data to update and resolve it...

I am just shooting in the dark here, but any idea is better than nothing right? 

If we can pull together and isolate the common factor we can alert them to the actual problem... 

Edited by OfficerShane

OfficerShane
Posted (edited)

Okay, so I'm unaffected, that in mind... 

Field Blower 163 of 145 full art, I do not own

Shedinja "LOT #13" I do not even see a Lost Thunder #13 Shedinja as a card. Unsure what that means. Lost Thunder #13 is Skiploom...
I do have both variations of card #95 Shedinja from Lost Thunder. Not sure what they meant by LOT #13.

I do have all 3 variations of Sabrina's Suggestion and Gladion cards mentioned. So that isn't likely the issue. 

I do have both of the Plasma Blast Sigilyph 41/101

I have all 4 variants of Erika's Hospitality in Team Up set

I do not believe that I ever had any of the 2013 World Championship decks...

Ergo, I think the issue would reside in the code for either the Full Art Field Blower #163 or the 2013 World Championship Decks. 

If it is not directly account related...

Edited by OfficerShane

Sign in to follow this