Sign in to follow this  
JasonThompson

Why isn't this game on Switch?

JasonThompson

I love playing this game over my lunch break, but would love it even more if I could play it on my Nintendo Switch. This would be a killer app for Nintendo Switch online! ????

Since it is a Unity app, wouldn't it be fairly easy to port? If there's concerns about selecting cards, just use the d-pad to highlight a specific card and then the A button to select it.

Sakura150612

Highly unlikely. It's been brought up multiple times already, and the possibility that this game gets ported to any other device is practically null. Seems like it's going to remain as a computer and tablet game only. I wouldn't even say that the game is hard to port for technical reasons. It simply looks like TPCi won't invest time and money in making such a thing; they wouldn't really gain any money out of it either considering that they do not sell virtual content for real money (and selling the app/game itself would be out of the question since it's free in both of the devices it's currently available on). This game basically exists as a testing grounds for people who play the physical game (which actually brings in the money since people have to open packs to obtain cards), nothing more and nothing less. It's interesting to see how despite not having a lot of support or even a reason for TPCi to give it much love either, things like a community and a market still form around it. I do appreciate the job that the Mods and TCPi employees do in order to make this exist and work properly, but it's true as well that the main business is the physical game rather than the virtual game, and so they have to invest their resources accordingly.

I'm kind of rambling a little here, but hopefully it gets the message across.

Mod_Lyam

I love playing this game over my lunch break, but would love it even more if I could play it on my Nintendo Switch. This would be a killer app for Nintendo Switch online!

Since it is a Unity app, wouldn't it be fairly easy to port? If there's concerns about selecting cards, just use the d-pad to highlight a specific card and then the A button to select it.

Hi Trainer,

I am happy to hear that you enjoy the game!

We regularly share player feedback and suggestions with our development team and will pass your message along to them.

Thank you!

JasonThompson

Highly unlikely. It's been brought up multiple times already, and the possibility that this game gets ported to any other device is practically null. Seems like it's going to remain as a computer and tablet game only. I wouldn't even say that the game is hard to port for technical reasons. It simply looks like TPCi won't invest time and money in making such a thing; they wouldn't really gain any money out of it either considering that they do not sell virtual content for real money (and selling the app/game itself would be out of the question since it's free in both of the devices it's currently available on). This game basically exists as a testing grounds for people who play the physical game (which actually brings in the money since people have to open packs to obtain cards), nothing more and nothing less. It's interesting to see how despite not having a lot of support or even a reason for TPCi to give it much love either, things like a community and a market still form around it. I do appreciate the job that the Mods and TCPi employees do in order to make this exist and work properly, but it's true as well that the main business is the physical game rather than the virtual game, and so they have to invest their resources accordingly.

I'm kind of rambling a little here, but hopefully it gets the message across.

Hi Sakura150612. Thank you for your feedback. It turns out I develop software professionally in real life. It would not be expensive to port this game to Switch since it uses the Unity engine. About the only things that would need to be wrestled with is how the UI looks in handheld mode and how to control the game on a game console. I don't think either problem is insurmountable.

That being said, if you want something to happen, pype in when others suggest it and affirm you want it too. :) I think porting it to Switch would give it more visibility which would increase sales of the physical game.

Edited by JasonThompson

Panda_Greg

Honestly, if Nintendo allowed for it, they could just port it over in such a way that it only works in handheld mode and just uses the touch screen. A switch port would be extremely necessary as the Nintendo Switch caused the end of production of the Nvidia Shield Tablet, leaving us without a good, inexpensive flagship tablet to play the game on. 

This game would greatly increase the value of the Nintendo Switch if ported, especially considering that a Galaxy Tab S4 costs twice as much as a Switch at full retail price.  Also, since all Nintendo Switches run the same hardware, troubleshooting and debugging should be easier, resulting in a more stable version of the game.

ProBuckeye

Someone please make PTCGO on Switch a reality! It makes perfect sense to port it over and utilize the current hardware to bring everything back under the Nintendo/ TPCI umbrella.. This idea has my vote!

Sign in to follow this