39 online codes, now what to do.

Terranariko

So first off, hi everyone...now second I will be getting roughly 39 online booster codes in like a week or so not includeing saturday and sunday however so around next monday-wensday(not this week, next week) I think, might be a big longer but eh...now my big problem is trying to figure out how I should split it...I was thinking of going like 5 packs of each and then just adding a pack untill I have no more, but that might not be a good idea...I could put 10 into the unleashed packs since I like alot of the primes there and the cards in that series...same with call of legends and triumphant since there are some cards I want from those sets...but that would leave me with only 9 codes for any other packs...and I kinda want some NV to try and get a full-art terrakion.

what to do, what to do X_x

what do you think I should do?

i highly recommend you dont split the packs evenly between sets, if you are a new player start off with the majority of hearts/gold.

If you want to farm for gold go Triumphant but those Primes are hard to come by. But Black and White are goods sets for playable cards, but i would advise trying to max out on Hearts/Gold for getting rares that are tradeable and playable. Its all about getting good uncommons when you limited in funds and packs,Truimphant can get you twins, rescue energy, junk arms, twins , extremely useful cards. While Hearts Gold gets you double colourless energy, Pokemon collector,POTN, rainbow energy and switch. I reckon investing in those sets and then using rares you dont need to obtain cards from other sets. But it depends on what type of deck you want to make.

I'm not that new...so I have a lot of those cards already...

However I was thinking of going 10 for triumphant, 5 unleashed, 5 undaunted, 10 HG/SS, and 5 NV and 4 call of legend.

However I was thinking of going 10 for triumphant, 5 unleashed, 5 undaunted, 10 HG/SS, and 5 NV and 4 call of legend.

Call of Legends is absolute garbage. The only thing that you can't get from other sets you have listed that's in CoL is Pachi (and Lost World, but it's less sought after), which you're unlikely to pull out of 4 packs anyway. I'd recommend dropping all your CoL packs and then also setting aside 2-3 of your packs to trade for Pachi if that's what you're after. If you were to do that, I'd drop 1 UL and 1 UD or 2 UD, but it's up to you.

EDIT: Another option is replacing said packs with NV packs if you don't need Pachi. Just do anything but invest in CoL.

Call of Legends is absolute garbage. The only thing that you can't get from other sets you have listed that's in CoL is Pachi (and Lost World, but it's less sought after), which you're unlikely to pull out of 4 packs anyway. I'd recommend dropping all your CoL packs and then also setting aside 2-3 of your packs to trade for Pachi if that's what you're after. If you were to do that, I'd drop 1 UL and 1 UD or 2 UD, but it's up to you.

EDIT: Another option is replacing said packs with NV packs if you don't need Pachi. Just do anything but invest in CoL.

um...I don't think I'll drop any of the unleashed ones tho, but call of legends is mostly cause I want shiny groudon...so your right I shouldn't get that and just trade for it instead.

so I guess it would be 10 triumphant, 5 unleashed, 4 undaunted, and 5 nv, and 5 Hg/SS? and that will leave me with 10 more codes I think...so I dunno what to do with the other 10...maybe get some more NV or something else...

If you want to open the packs, I suggest either Emerging Powers, HG/SS, Noble Victories, or Unleashed. There are plenty of valuable Pokemon and playable Pokemon in each that they're worth opening. However, if you already have enough cards to make an adequate deck, what you want to do is sell off all of your packs for the game's best cards. It really works better than opening them in the long run.

It depends on what you're looking for. Unleashed is great for trading because of Rare Candy and ok Primes plus the legends in that set trade nicely as well. Pulling Shaymin is great too.

When you're just starting out, there are two ways to go: You can either open a bunch of packs and build around what you get, or just try to build a specific deck from right from the start. I think the first way is a lot more fun, and the second should probably only be used if you're trying to replicate a deck you've used in real life.

If you're going to just build around what you happen to get, it's bad to mix HGSS with BW, because the evolution lines are incompatible, so you sort of have to pick. If I were you, I'd just open BW series and then just trade cards and packs to get the HGSS cards you need. While a lot of *competitive* cards come from HGSS, I think that the *average* cards from BW are much stronger than those from HGSS. (For example, compare plain Samurott vs plain Feraligatr, or plain Serperior vs plain Meganium.) In any case, this is pretty much what I did (starting with a few theme decks first), and I've been happy with my decision.

Think is I already got most of the pokemon cards I wanted to build my deck anything else is just extra and for fun...or just for experiment decks.

so thats why I wanted to get multi series cause then it's not all just one series of repeats.

in anycase today I just got 5 NV packs cause I was bored so I got 5 codes at random most likely gonna get all unleashed or HG/SS. Well while I wait for the packages with the 39 codes to come in anyway...

I have a complete cyndaquil line means cyndaquil, quilava, and typholisn. What could I get for them. By the way I have cyndaquil x4 quilava x3 and typolisn x3.

Both cards in both examples are horrible for competitive play. Better "average" cards mean nothing if there's another set with playable ones, as the "average" ones lack value for being, well, average.

To be fair, there are a lot of very usable cards from both sets. However, I think it's important to consider that many of B/W's playable cards (Resh/Zek, the three Ability Starters, Zoroark, etc.) are available as promos which come from tins/box sets that have code cards in them which will unlock said promos. Again, you're unlikely to pull those from 5 or so packs, but you could get lucky. However, it isn't worth it when you could increase the chance of getting other playable cards that aren't easily obtained otherwise.

OP seems to just want a good pool of cards to choose from, but outside of the cards I mentioned, there isn't much (notice I didn't say "any") that B/W has to offer. I can almost guarantee that what you pull from B/W that isn't already used in the metagame most likely won't ever be of any use to you.

If I were you, I'd invest in NV, UD/UL, and TM like there's no tomorrow. EP is good if you're lacking Goth,Beartic, Tornadus, and Catcher.

Both cards in both examples are horrible for competitive play. Better "average" cards mean nothing if there's another set with playable ones, as the "average" ones lack value for being, well, average.

To be fair, there are a lot of very usable cards from both sets. However, I think it's important to consider that many of B/W's playable cards (Resh/Zek, the three Ability Starters, Zoroark, etc.) are available as promos which come from tins/box sets that have code cards in them which will unlock said promos. Again, you're unlikely to pull those from 5 or so packs, but you could get lucky. However, it isn't worth it when you could increase the chance of getting other playable cards that aren't easily obtained otherwise.

OP seems to just want a good pool of cards to choose from, but outside of the cards I mentioned, there isn't much (notice I didn't say "any") that B/W has to offer. I can almost guarantee that what you pull from B/W that isn't already used in the metagame most likely won't ever be of any use to you.

If I were you, I'd invest in NV, UD/UL, and TM like there's no tomorrow. EP is good if you're lacking Goth,Beartic, Tornadus, and Catcher.

I most likely will get unleashed/triumphant/noble victors, possibly I'd also get just a few undaunted mostly cause I like to push my luck, like yesterday I opened one pack of NV and got the full-art terrakion I wanted lol.

Emerging powers however I don't really like goth,beartic, or tornadus, and catcher I really don't use for my deck but I "think" I have one already I'd need to re-check that...but yeah maybe I'll invest in like 3 just to push my luck and see if I can get one but other then that EP doesn't interest me much besides denchura/garvantula which I already have plenty of.

however in NV I need druddigon, and duosion and other stuff so yeah I will be getting a good amount of NV.

but my main thing will most likely be unleashed/triumphant/noble victors and the 9 extra will be put into a few undaunted and a few of another pack.

so basicly 10/10/10/3/3/3 or 10/10/10/5/4

Hey,

When I started here I just used 50 codes and bought 10 of five different sets. Nothing special really. It is what you do after with the trading that makes the difference!

@WeegeeLazer: My advice was really geared toward someone starting off with *zero* cards, or just the freebies (which is apparently not the situation Terranariko was in), without any concrete plans for future investment. Hence the emphasis on better "average" (read: non-competitive) cards. I seriously doubt anyone can open 30-something booster packs and use that to make a "competitive" deck, even after trades.

Its up to you, don't bother asking other people besides if you choose yourself it may make you feel happier because your not doing what other trainers want you to do.

P.S. Pokemon Rules.

So the shipment arrived...but unfortunately they messed up the order and I ended up getting only 9 booster cards and 27 reshiram/zekrom tin codes instead...so I have to wait since thier gonna send the good codes to fix this for me.

So I guess it's good and bad, bad that I have to wait but good cause they basicly gave me the other codes as a sorry gift basicly.

Archived