Sign in to follow this  
shinygeodude

[CARD] Metal Goggles doesn't stop Sigilyph-GX's ability

shinygeodude

Card: Sigilyph-GX (LoT 98/214) & Metal Goggles (TeU 148/181)
Expected Action: Metal Goggles should stop Sigilyph's ability from working and putting damage counters on my active Pokemon. 
Actual Action: Sigilyph's ability still worked.
Steps to Reproduce: Attach Metal Goggles to your active Metal Pokemon and use an attack on your opponent's active Sigilyph-GX.

Edited by shinygeodude

Mod_GuruLot

Card: Sigilyph-GX (LoT 98/214) & Metal Goggles (TeU 148/181)

Expected Action: Metal Goggles should stop Sigilyph's ability from working and putting damage counters on my active Pokemon. 

Actual Action: Sigilyph's ability still worked.

Steps to Reproduce: Attach Metal Goggles to your active Metal Pokemon and use an attack on your opponent's active Sigilyph-GX.

Hello shinygeodude,

Thank you for taking your time to bring this up to our attention. I'm passing your message along to the development team.

Also, I'm editing the title of your thread to make it more descriptive.

TheBidnis
Posted (edited)

It doesnt seem to work against Shuckle GX poison Seviper Ability either.  I had Metal Goggles on my Solgaleo GX SM 104, played it against the Shuckle GX/Seviper Ability.  60 points of damage per turn even though I had Metal Goggles...  EDIT: I noticed neither the Shuckle GX attack that puts Damage Counters on and the Seviper Ability should put damage on a Steel Pokemon with Metal Goggles attached

Edited by TheBidnis

RobRatt
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheBidnis said:

It doesnt seem to work against Shuckle GX poison Seviper Ability either.  I had Metal Goggles on my Solgaleo GX SM 104, played it against the Shuckle GX/Seviper Ability.  60 points of damage per turn even though I had Metal Goggles...  EDIT: I noticed neither the Shuckle GX attack that puts Damage Counters on and the Seviper Ability should put damage on a Steel Pokemon with Metal Goggles attached

This bug (from the original post) was fixed in the version 2.62 update, back in March.

I believe you're misunderstanding Metal Goggles.  It stops Attacks and Abilities that place normal damage counters.  But it does NOT stop Special Conditions like Burn or Poison, no matter if they're placing 1, 2, 3, or more damage.

Edited by RobRatt

Mod_GuruLot
16 minutes ago, RobRatt said:

This bug (from the original post) was fixed in the version 2.62 update, back in March.

I believe you're misunderstanding Metal Goggles.  It stops Attacks and Abilities that place normal damage counters.  But it does NOT stop Special Conditions like Burn or Poison, no matter if they're placing 1, 2, 3, or more damage.

Hello RobRatt, 

I also believe that's a kind of misunderstanding of Metal Goggles.

Thank you for helping out TheBidnis to understand what it can stop. 

Sign in to follow this