Sign in to follow this  
Mod_Turtle

Discussion Thread! 2019 Pokémon Oceania International Championships

Mod_Turtle
2019-op-oceania-600x110.jpg

2019 Pokémon Oceania International Championships

One of the biggest Championship events of the year starts today! Trainers from all around the world will meet this weekend in Melbourne, Australia to prove who is the very best. This is a high paying Championship Point event so trainers will be bringing their best tactics and skills to lock up as many points as possible and secure a World Championship spot.

If you can't make it to the event, no worries! You can still catch all the exciting TCG and VGC matches by tuning in on Twitch. The event will be live streamed throughout the weekend. Be sure to stop in and cheer for your favorite trainers, decks, and teams!

More information about this event, including schedules & live streaming, can be found by visiting the official 2019 Pokémon Oceania International Championships site.

Trainers, I want to hear from you!

Use this thread and discuss your thoughts, favorite TCG decks, VCG teams, or anything else for this event! Please remember to keep conversation on topic. Be courteous & always avoid negativity towards other trainers or competitors.

Here are a few starter topics but feel free to mix it up!

What kind of TCG decks do you think will make it to the finals?

What Sun & Moon—Team Up cards do you think we will see the most of this weekend?

What type of VCG teams do you think will make it to the finals?

This is going to be a fun weekend and I hope everyone has a chance to stop in and enjoy this awesome event!

RobRatt

Hindsight is 20/20.  :unsure:

Any chance the results will be posted quickly?  Still waiting for the "official" winning results from Dallas Regionals (Expanded), which was 4 weeks ago.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

P.S.  I wish I was there.  I've never been to Australia.

Edited by RobRatt

SuperStone

Watching round 1. :) Malamar toolbox mirror match.  Ultra Necrozma is being the biggest player this match, but luck is really the main player.  Brent Tonnison gets two unlucky starts; then  beautiful one game 3, but doesn't have time to do anything.  Ties with Connor Finton.

RobRatt

If you haven't heard the results of this Standard event, these are the winning decks from another source.  It was a small-medium tournament, with 338 Masters.

# 1 - Zapdos / Jirachi

# 2 - Zoroark / Lucario / Lycanroc

# 3 - Pikachu & Zekrom

# 4 - Pikachu & Zekrom

# 5 - Zapdos / Jirachi

# 6 - Pikachu & Zekrom

# 7 - Zoroark / Lycanroc

# 8 - Zapdos / Jirachi

Out of the Top 16, there were:

6 Zapdos / Jirachi

5 Pikachu & Zekrom

3 Ultra Malamar

2 Zoroark / Lycanroc

Edited by RobRatt

Mod_Turtle

I saw a ton of the Zapdos/Jirachi matches. That deck seems super consistent. I like the Pikachu & Zekrom deck as well but Zapdos hits for crazy amounts of damage for just 1 energy and with Electropower you can possibly KO a EX or GX out of no where. Zapdos is also a non EX or GX so against a EX/GX deck you might find an advantage in prize trading.

That was an awesome event to watch. I'm happy to see the feedback in this thread and hope to see everyone again during the next event!

Thank you!

SuperStone

Hooo boy...  We way underestimated these electric cards coming out of Team Up, didn't we.  Pikazek's energy costs seemed too high, and zapdos just didn't look like it did enough damage...  But this deck is possibly- raw power wise- the strongest in pokemon history.

Sign in to follow this