Sign in to follow this  
Ryfo

Amnesia from Golduck didn't work

Ryfo

I used Golduck's Amnesia attack to disable Garchomp's Royal Blades attack. On my opponent's next turn he retreated Garchomp and then used Escape Rope to bring the same Garchomp back into active position and they were able to use the Royal Blades attack. Why were they able to use it after I disabled it?

Otakutron

I used Golduck's Amnesia attack to disable Garchomp's Royal Blades attack. On my opponent's next turn he retreated Garchomp and then used Escape Rope to bring the same Garchomp back into active position and they were able to use the Royal Blades attack. Why were they able to use it after I disabled it?

See the bold text.  An attack effect that resides on a particular Pokémon, like the effect from Amnesia (which reside on the Pokémon you attacked with Amnesia), goes away if that Pokémon moves to the Bench, is sent to the hand, or evolves. Basically, the same things that would get rid of Special Conditions will get rid of the effect from Amnesia.

Good job being detailed, though!  Normally, with these kinds of questions, a bunch of us would be asking questions to eliminate all of those above possibilities. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this