Anexpor

Improving Attacking Animation

rahul0407
Posted (edited)
On 2/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, Anexpor said:

Edited by rahul0407

rahul0407
On 2/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, Anexpor said:

there can be some new animation that will improve interface and make game more interactive

Pakoo666

I agree, animation seems to choppy and just slapping around the cards 

• Upvote 1

Anexpor
Posted (edited)

if you played pokemon adventures red chapters you can see nice attack effect sprites on there. i think you can offer work to him who creator of that game.

Edited by Anexpor

charistraz

i strongly agree with this either update the attacking animations to be smoother and better or give us the option to disable them again or both

_SonoPovero_

I support this

Ash101416744

That would be super easy, barely and inconvenience.

• Downvote 2

Get_dunked_on

Agreed. I think better attacking animations would be cool. BUT, as otakutron said, they do take up time. So I think they could make a seperate mode or a setting to turn off animations??

Darkrai28852

Completely agree. The current ones are so mundane I prefer the simple attack effects option. 

Inderman20

Yeah u are right!! Better attacking Animations pls in the next patch!!!!

Inderman20
On 7/27/2019 at 5:44 PM, Anexpor said:

if you played pokemon adventures red chapters you can see nice attack effect sprites on there. i think you can offer work to him who creator of that game.

On 7/27/2019 at 5:44 PM, Anexpor said:

Otakutron
On 8/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, Ash101416744 said:

That would be super easy, barely and inconvenience.

Wrong.

From what we've experienced attempts at improving the graphics have been horribly inconvenient, and apparently difficult for the Dev Team.  Players used to have the option of disabling animations; they don't now because of the previous "animation improvements".  I could be mistaken, but I think the fact that some players had them running while others had them disabled caused problems.  Animations take time to resolve, so even relatively fast ones can be an issue over the course of a game... and when you get to certain Abilities that are really several small actions, it gets really bad.

Either way, we noticed.  It actually took longer to grind because of the animations.  Oh, and as always, the PTCGO doesn't seem to have a robust staff, or else coding for this game is harder than it looks; even "easy" changes tend to take away from something else.

Anexpor
28 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

Wrong.

From what we've experienced attempts at improving the graphics have been horribly inconvenient, and apparently difficult for the Dev Team.  Players used to have the option of disabling animations; they don't now because of the previous "animation improvements".  I could be mistaken, but I think the fact that some players had them running while others had them disabled caused problems.  Animations take time to resolve, so even relatively fast ones can be an issue over the course of a game... and when you get to certain Abilities that are really several small actions, it gets really bad.

Either way, we noticed.  It actually took longer to grind because of the animations.  Oh, and as always, the PTCGO doesn't seem to have a robust staff, or else coding for this game is harder than it looks; even "easy" changes tend to take away from something else.

its easy if you do something like on gameboy version of tcg (1999). this is a card game and dont need detailed effects.

Otakutron
1 minute ago, Anexpor said:

its easy if you do something like on gameboy version of tcg (1999). this is a card game and dont need detailed effects.

Programming for a single platform with (more or less) locked-in specs seems to be different than programming for multiple platforms, where even within the same operating system the hardware can be vastly different.

Go ahead and want better animations.  Go ahead and ask for them.  Just please don't be like the person I quoted who ignores that it isn't "super easy, barely an inconvenience".  Yes, I know he was quoting a parody show, but many other comments still share the sentiment. ;)

Kurdi126hd

After 3 years of playing , I fully support Anexpor and this Topic. 
Some animation changes would be nice.

Edited by Kurdi126hd

Tekimojimo

Let's help him grow up, because he deserves it!

Edited by Tekimojimo

Blix42

The animations are a bit too difficult to see exactly which type the attack is. could use a change

FinnDaddy

The attacks they use now are way overexaggerated and dont give you a good visual idea of what the attack was. Even an attack that ends up doing no damage at all feels like an earthquake followed by a landslide that causes a mushroom cloud sometimes. Perhaps a quick smack with accompanied sound based on type and level of attack would do, attach an appropriate animation based on attack used and pokemon type, and then reserve what I described above for a game ending kill attack. I also agree that the cards dont need to move, and shouldn't until they die or are retreated.

Only when my son was five or six did he pick up the card to attack another pokemon and make nuclear bomb and laser sounds while shaking the whole table and ramming the cards together!