Sign in to follow this  
OfficerShane

"Giga Drain" Loop Bug

OfficerShane

I was facing off against an AI opponent who had evolved a Breloom. I had a Pikachi Libre on the field and hit him twice before nearly dying. I swapped out with my Taillow for the moment until I got a chance to either heal Pikachu Libre or throw some energy on another more valuable Pokemon on the bench.

I noticed that Breloom started casting "Giga Drain" and failing again and again. At first I thought, maybe he can't hit Taillow because it's flying. I swapped in a Healed Pikachu Libre and used a non-attack that ended my turn. Breloom continued in this "Giga Drain" loop.

I was able to swap ********** or simply click done and nothing. He just kept casting "Giga Drain," and missing. Again and again. The AI opponent kept drawing cards and upgrading his Pokemon, performing evolutions, using trainer cards, and maintaining as normal, but Breloom stayed stuck in the loop. I finally damaged Breloom and knocked him out of it but the opponent soon after ran out of cards and I won. (because I had skipped a few turns observing the issue)

I read the description for Giga Drain on the Breloom card and it says, "Heal from this Pokemon the same amount of damage you did to your Active Opponent's Pokemon." I think one of the programmers took this one too literally and Breloom wasn't able to tell when the Pokemon was swapped, so he stayed after one removed from play.

Additional notes:

This occurred in the Platinum Trainer Challenge with Nathan

The Breloom casting Giga Drain was the Fighting/Grass fusion Reverse Holo variety of the Pokemon dated 2014

I am on the Windows 10 OS

Client Version: *****************

Server Version: 2.60.0.4197@11291L11280

Playing on a Cyberpower Fang III

Dual ASUS Cerberus Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula Motherboard

32 GB Installed RAM

Game Installed and running from 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD

If I can help with anything else let me know... Should be easy to recreate unless it was a hardware issue on my end...

OfficerShane

No idea why it censored "swap Pokemon ********** of battle" or the current client version number... I don't even use swear words... Well maybe if I keep losing because of bad luck on cards falling wrong.. LOL! 

EDIT: ROFL! Did it again... ummm how about "rotating Pokemon into battle and onto the bench?" 

Edited by OfficerShane

GR0

Just out of curiosity: did the AI attach an energy on any of those turns? Because I've noticed that the AI will never attack on a turn they didn't attach an energy (helps out so much when I use a weak deck), so if in your case the AI used Giga Drain but failed all on turns the AI didn't attach an energy, it could be connected to that

OfficerShane

Just out of curiosity: did the AI attach an energy on any of those turns? Because I've noticed that the AI will never attack on a turn they didn't attach an energy (helps out so much when I use a weak deck), so if in your case the AI used Giga Drain but failed all on turns the AI didn't attach an energy, it could be connected to that

Hmmm... No idea GR0... I'll keep an eye on that... I noticed that something similar happened with Pikachu casting Nuzzle against me, but I was focused on what I was doing and didn't pay it much mind, being thankful for the break. 

I'll keep a closer eye on what you are talking about -- maybe that is the issue... Thanks for the input... 

SandaledOtter

No idea why it censored "swap Pokemon ********** of battle" or the current client version number... I don't even use swear words... Well maybe if I keep losing because of bad luck on cards falling wrong.. LOL! 

EDIT: ROFL! Did it again... ummm how about "rotating Pokemon into battle and onto the bench?" 

The phrase that is censored there is a fast food franchise. I don't know if it's for that reason... can I say McDonald's here? I guess so. Must be the possibility of an... anatomical action... being possibly... referenced by the phrase? Burger King?

Taillow was safe because it is resistant to fighting, of course (Breloom with Giga Drain is Fighting type). Pikachu Libre is weak to it though.

Libre and Taillow don't live together in a theme deck, so this was a deck you made? If there was anything in play that would reduce damage by 20, that would be all the protection needed from the inept AI.

Edited by SandaledOtter

Sign in to follow this