What would you guys say, the ideal deck is composed of?

CaptainPoop

By that, I mean, how many of each types of cards would you guys advise to be ideal?

For a deck of 60 cards, how many monster cards, trainer cards, and energy cards would make a strong deck? Would you suggest 3 copies of each monster and it's evolutions?

leaderdragon.png I myself run 3 to 4 lines of Pokemon with their copies sometimes mixed between 3-4.

My Ability and Smugsnake,Samurott line I do run 4-4-4.

--------------------------------------------------

cardgames.png

I created a formula for how many types of cards should be in a deck but im not sharing my formula.

N is interested in this formula of yours.

VSN.png

For main lines, I typically run, in any combination, 3-2-2 for Stage 2 lines, 3-2 for Stage 1 lines, 3 for major basics, and/or 2 for minor basics. It makes them easy to play, somewhat easy to find, while conserving deck space. This is just my preference. It all depends on the importance the line has in your deck and your own preference.

For energies, it depends on the deck. For decks that have low-energy attacks or use discard pile energies, such as Stage Ones or Reshiphlosion, typically 8-14 is fine. For most decks, such as DonChamp and Ttar, 12-18 will be good. For decks relying heavily on energies, such as Reshiboar or Magneboar, 16-20 is best.

Trainers and Supporters, though expensive, are extremely crucial so make as much space for them as possible, unless you can't afford them.

I do not run dragons ATM I run Coballion Electrode (did run with Kyurem but I beat Reshi decks (3 so far) with Coballion anyway so it did not help)

The ideal deck has a plan that it attempts to execute. The execution should be made as consistent as possible. If any cards exist in the format that can counter this plan with any relative speed and efficiency, the deck should have a counter to that, which itself is not countered by the thing it tries to counter.

• 2 weeks later...

The ideal deck has a plan that it attempts to execute. The execution should be made as consistent as possible. If any cards exist in the format that can counter this plan with any relative speed and efficiency, the deck should have a counter to that, which itself is not countered by the thing it tries to counter.

Exactly what I think

thumbs_up.png

Exactly what I think

thumbs_up.png

that's right! and don't put unnecessary cards that doesn't help your plan/strategy... and read a lot of pokemon tcg strategies online... sixprizes.com is a good one to go for that

I created a formula for how many types of cards should be in a deck but im not sharing my formula.

VSN.png

lol

• 3 months later...

VSN.png

lol

really?

in an ideal deck you have to have to be able to run 4 of your major big hitter at once and it should be a good counter deck for a popular deck at the moment e.g. dont run a durrant deck against some kind of reshiram deck due to the fact that you will be putting energys where they want them and durrants weakness is fire :)

VSN.png

lol

really?

yes really

hahaha lol

Archived