Sign in to follow this  
rememberevery

[Suggestion] Show asked for cards in failed trade notification

rememberevery

I've been trading quite heavily recently and have been recording date in regards to how often specific trades go through. Successful trades show what you put up as well as what you got, but currently, failed trades only show what you put up (in other words, what you're "getting back"). The display in the trade history tab correctly shows both when right-clicked, however, trade history tends to not record your failed trades most of the time (I've reported this in the appropriate board just now), and isn't very useful in its current state.

Optimally, the details that show up when examining a failed trade notification should have all of the same information - if you're concerned with players getting confused as to why they're not getting the cards they see (though I have a hard time believing this to be the case, since there's no distinction in the trade history details between a successful/failed trade), perhaps simply darkening the cards in the left window would suffice?

• Upvote 3

RobRatt
Posted (edited)

Since you made a very similar thread in Bug Reports (which I saw first), I'm going to just quote myself if you don't mind.

Failed trades (ones that weren't accepted) don't show up in your Trade History at all.  They never have, as far as I'm aware of.  Completed trades show, of course.  And if you think you've spotted "failed trades," those are actually ones that you've cancelled, for whatever reason.  Your self-cancelled trades are what appears with the Red X in your history.

The entire trade history is only 250 transactions (as you've mentioned).  It used to be much longer, but some players (myself included) would have their devices crash because the history database was too large.  Be careful what you ask for.  Now that they've reduced the database to 250, do you really want it full of every "failed" attempt that you make.  I know I don't.

You do bring up one important point.  It would be great if the trades (unaccepted ones) in the Notification Bar would show what you offered as well.  But they don't, and never have.  This feature has been requested multiple times, and the only response is the usual, "We'll forward this to somebody else," which means that nothing changes.  Personally, I've also suggested that they add a "Resubmit This Trade" button, which would make composing trades so much easier.  Keep your fingers crossed.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

P.S.  I'm not sure what device you're using, but I've found that taking screenshots with my iPad makes "remembering" much easier.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1

rememberevery

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that perhaps I was mistaking them having appeared at all in the first place - I could have sworn I saw a fair few in there back when I started trading, but I must have just canceled a bunch of trades and forgot about it.

Sounds like there's not much hope of getting this implemented/improved anytime soon, so I'll just have to take my own measures to record the information.

Sign in to follow this