Sign in to follow this  
Batwayne90

Can anyone reccomend any cards to add/change in my water deck please?

Batwayne90

Hello there,

Ive had some decent success with this deck and it really fun to play with, but i have found some of the draws can sometimes cost me the game.

So with that has anyone got any reccomendations to add/change cards in the deck to make it just a little more successful please?

Thanks Guys :*

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Palkia-GX UPR 101

* 3 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

* 1 Lapras-GX SUM 151

* 1 Palkia-EX BKP 31

* 2 Squirtle BCR 29

* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

* 1 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132

* 2 Blastoise BCR 31

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 3 Aqua Patch GRI 119

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123

* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

* 1 Lysandre FLF 90

* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128

* 2 Brigette BKT 134

* 2 Skyla BKT 148

* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 1 N NVI 92

* 2 Tierno KSS 39

* 3 Dive Ball PRC 125

* 2 Rare Candy PRC 135

##Energy - 22

* 20 Water Energy 3

* 2 Splash Energy BKP 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Chasista

I had a lot written and accidentally erased so there goes again, shorter.

Cut energies. Most decks use 8-14. I see the need of energies for the deck and the smart way to attach it. But 22 is too much.

In addition, you're missing the Essential and Staple trainers for Expanded.

Essential for Expanded:

1 Karen

1 Ace Spec

4 Vs seeker

And the staples:

N

Prof Juniper or Sycamore

Lysandre/Guzma

Colress

4 Ultra ball (in most cases)

Cynthia

Lillie

Elm's lecture/Brigette/Olivia/Poke fan club...

Acerola/AZ

And according to the deck strategy, not missing items and other like:

Nest ball / Level ball / Heavy ball / etc.

Field blower/Startling megaphone/Tool scrapper

Battle compressor/Trainers mail

Rare candy/Evosoda

Choice band/Muscle band

Fighting fury belt/Bodybuilding dumbbells/Bursting balloon

Float stone/Escape board

Switch/Escape rope

Rescue stretcher/Super rod

Professor letter/Energy switch/Energy loto/Energy recycler

Max potion

2 or 3 Stadiums

I see the budget, I know what's starting the game. But competitive decks are made trading for the cards you need, never with what's in collection.

Getting some Theme decks and playing'em for a month in Ladder and vents, will give you a nice pool of staple cards: Cynthia, Guzma, Lillie, Switch, R stretcher... and techs like Magcargo. For water, Swampert or Alolan Sandslash. Best Theme decks right now are: Blazing volcano and Mach strike. Hydro fury and Imperial command are reinforced hitting the fire one for weakness.

About your deck you can cut 6-8 basic energies to add Essentials. If Splash is important, add 2 more once you have it.

Pokémon are good but you need more and better trainers. Remove Tierno (has never been good) and I would remove Skyla. I love the card but became a bit obsolete. Trainers mail can be a good replacement if you add enough.

Evosoda would help you a lot in this deck and big hand drawers (Prof Juniper or Sycamore, Cynthia, N, Colress, Lillie) will make your hand move on when you stuck.

Ultraball is a help to use these Aqua patch. Battle compressor is a great card in Expanded too. Would fit perfect with Vs seeker, Aqua patch, Superior energy retrieval, Energy retrieval... You see the strategy ;)

I would add too a couple stadiums+ a Field blower+ Rescue stretcher or Super rod. Where? You see how difficult is to make a competitive deck! Maybe cutting some pokémon too and focusing more in more copies of the main attackers instead of having some 1 offs techs.

Wish anything written is useful, let us know :D

• Upvote 2

Batwayne90

Thank you so much for your reply! I used to play alot but came away from the game for quite a while, so i have a fair collection and space to work with but clearly my collection is a bit out of date by now. I do have some of the cards you recommended and have made a few changes below: 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Palkia-GX UPR 101
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Lapras-GX SUM 151
* 1 Palkia-EX BKP 31
* 2 Squirtle BCR 29
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 2 Blastoise BCR 31

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 N NVI 92
* 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 2 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 2 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120

##Energy - 14

* 12 Water Energy  3
* 2 Splash Energy BKP 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I do need to get my hands on another Palkia GX as i think that would be helpful to this deck, I took alolan Ninetales out as it was only there as a back up (which i almost never used) 

I am about to go and test the new one with your recommended changes but if you think i should make any further changes please let me know. 

Again thank you so much for your help! :D
  • Upvote 1

Chasista
Posted (edited)

A pleasure, you're welcome.

Getting some of the new Theme will give you some of the above mentioned staple cards just in case, but Staples for Expanded hasn't changed so much so still can be used the older Staple patterns with some addition or card replacement.

I actually like A. Ninetales GX. It's hard to 1HKO and if they don't do, the GX attack give full heal again. With a FFBelt > BBDumbells they need a 250 hit

Choice band would help Alolan Ninetales (noGX) to hit for 110 to EX/GX. 220 in 2 hits is enough for most of the format. Still FFBelt would be great to make it a 140HP poké and 2HKO up to 180HP rivals.

I would do 4 Vs seeker, just 1 Acerola and +a Guzma or 2nd Lysandre. A 3rd Rare candy could be handy just in case.

Aside from personal choices in pokémon, looks better than it was. You need to test. Is hard to get the basics? More Nest ball and Dive ball. Is hard to set up the final stages? Again Dive ball in this case, and Ultra ball but also Evosoda and, that 3rd Candy? Is hard to get the energies? P letter or B compressor with the retrievals or... that's strategy and you need to choose which one you're gonna use.

Glad Palkia GX is a cheap pokémon, you'll be able to complete your ideal fast :)

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

BowserLuigi

^FFB doesn't work on evolved pokes.... Just sayin

Chasista
Posted (edited)

^FFB doesn't work on evolved pokes.... Just sayin

True, FFB only works on basic pokémon. I mixed BBDumbbells and FFBelt. My bad. Thank you for pointing it.

Edited by Chasista

Sign in to follow this