CartmanBrah007

Why my booster packs has locked pokemons ?

CartmanBrah007

I bought about "Guardians rising" 20 packs, maybe more, almost all of them are locked pokemons, i can't trade them, even though i keep getting duplicates. Why is that the case ?

Edited by CartmanBrah007
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chasista

Any "FREE" stuff from the game is locked. And stuff gotten from locked items, is locked too (I mean, pokémon from locked packs, are also locked). There's no way to unlock those.

This Locked includes the packs of the 5th day Daily Log in, the packs from the Vs ladder, the ones bought in the shop (as the tokens are given for free to you) and probably something else.

The unlocked packs come from: Events (Tournaments) once you go after 1st round and Codes from products IRL and I think from the 16 KO daily challenges (not 100% sure, sorry). And gotten in trades of course, they are unlocked and remain once you get it..

I strongly suggest you don't open any unlocked pack as they are the currency in the game for trades, so use it for That.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 3

CartmanBrah007

Any "FREE" stuff from the game is locked. And stuff gotten from locked items, is locked too (I mean, pokémon from locked packs, are also locked). There's no way to unlock those.

This Locked includes the packs of the 5th day Daily Log in, the packs from the Vs ladder, the ones bought in the shop (as the tokens are given for free to you) and probably something else.

The unlocked packs come from: Events (Tournaments) once you go after 1st round and Codes from products IRL and I think from the 16 KO daily challenges (not 100% sure, sorry). And gotten in trades of course, they are unlocked and remain once you get it..

I strongly suggest you don't open any unlocked pack as they are the currency in the game for trades, so use it for That.

*** are you talking about ? i bought those booster packs.

Chasista

You paid real money for the tokens? Come on, there's nothing worse than being blind in Granada (or having sight but no vision).

• Upvote 3

CartmanBrah007
Chasista, on 23 Dec 2018 - 5:31 PM, said: You paid real money for the tokens? Come on, there's nothing worse than being blind in Granada (or having sight but no vision).

I bought booster packs with tokens, i all pokemon cards from 'Guardians Rising' are locked, i can't trade them. I have an image, but i can't post here to prove it.

Edited by CartmanBrah007

XK920XK

I bought booster packs with tokens, i all pokemon cards from 'Guardians Rising' are locked, i can't trade them. I have an image, but i can't post here to prove it.

any packs you buy with tokens is locked

Sakura150612

Sorry to say this, but you brought this on yourself. Had you bothered to read the first 2 replies to your own thread, you wouldn't have made this mistake. Look at this:

forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/69424-best-booster-packs-to-spend-tokens

packs/cards you purchase with tokens are trade locked. So you wont be able to trade anything you open from those token purchased packs_
You can still increase your collection by opening a bunch of tradelocked packs, but as XK9 said, you will not be able to trade them. Only the cards obtained by redeeming codes and the cards obtained from the packs earned in Events are tradable_

We clearly spelled it out to you that you can't trade any packs (or the cards obtained from them) that you bought using tokens. But you still went an did it expecting them to be tradable. Sigh...

Edited by Sakura150612
  • Upvote 2

Sakura150612

The unlocked packs come from [...] the 16 KO daily challenges (not 100% sure, sorry).

Btw I can confirm that. I can't remember at what level the KO challenge raises from 12 to 16 [EDIT: This happens at level 16. Thanks to SandaledOtter for the info], but I can confirm that once your daily KO challenge becomes "KO 16 Pokemon", the reward is in fact a random, Standard tradable pack.

The reward before that though (at 12 or less KOs) is still tradelocked. IMO the the KO challenge is almost never worth doing before you reach the right level to obtain tradable packs for it. It's still ok though if you have an easy way of completing it (as in, if your main deck just so happens to be of the correct type for the challenge, so you don't need to do anything special to complete it).

Edited by Sakura150612

Chasista

Btw I can confirm that. I can't remember at what level the KO challenge raises from 12 to 16, but I can confirm that once your daily KO challenge becomes "KO 16 Pokemon", the reward is in fact a random, Standard tradable pack.

I just remembered because the other day got one, but I never choose the KO challenges unless there are 3 of them to choose :lol: It's been a lot I didn't get one.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 2

SandaledOtter

I just remembered because the other day got one, but I never choose the KO challenges unless there are 3 of them to choose :lol: It's been a lot I didn't get one.

It's level 16 that unlocks the prizes.

I avoid them in favor of evolution challenges, which seem easiest, even with Wally gone from my arsenal.

I'll usually take KO over damage challenges though, depending on the type they are and what my other challenges are at the time. Right now I'm stuck with a Psychic KO challenge.

(To new players: eventually you have 3 challenges to choose from, and can have three of them saved for whenever you get to them.)

Edited by SandaledOtter
  • Upvote 1

CartmanBrah007

any packs you buy with tokens is locked

Wow....that sucks..is there any free redeem codes anywhere to find ?

I spent so many tokens on boosters...if i knew that, i would have spent them on decks at least.

Edited by CartmanBrah007

Sakura150612

I spent so many tokens on boosters...if i knew that, i would have spent them on decks at least.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you had the means of knowing this beforehand. You just didn't bother reading the responses to your own thread.

SandaledOtter

There are no free codes for tradable things, except rare instances when someone posts some codes they have. Those will be one-use codes, and almost always gone before you can enter them.

There some codes for not-tradable things, if you search for them. I don't remember where, and we can't post links anyway.

CartmanBrah007

There are no free codes for tradable things, except rare instances when someone posts some codes they have. Those will be one-use codes, and almost always gone before you can enter them.

There some codes for not-tradable things, if you search for them. I don't remember where, and we can't post links anyway.

I've found them. Strange, that they are not on official site.

Also i've added my opinion on that, i think the discussion about trades should be countinued there http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/69429-some-feedback/

Not to sound like a broken record, but you had the means of knowing this beforehand. You just didn't bother reading the responses to your own thread.

Do you want to repeat it third time ? What is your problem ?

Edited by CartmanBrah007

Felidae_

Do you want to repeat it third time ? What is your problem ?

Yeah, how dear another user try to help you avoid making a common mistake for beginners?

Now, be a big boy, learn from your mistakes and move on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

CartmanBrah007

Yeah, how dear another user try to help you avoid making a common mistake for beginners?

Now, be a big boy, learn from your mistakes and move on.

Help ? what is so helpful repeating same thing over and over again ? I've already read his comment.

He wanted extra attention so i gave him, i guess you too want that. Are you happy now that i replied to you too?

• Downvote 1

Sakura150612

Help ? what is so helpful repeating same thing over and over again ? I've already read his comment.

He wanted extra attention so i gave him, i guess you too want that. Are you happy now that i replied to you too?

You're completely missing the point. All I'm saying is that you had the information right in front of your eyes but ignored it. I'm pointing this out for your own benefit; when making a thread, actually reading the responses (specially if you were waiting for confirmation before doing something) is usually the best thing to do. This is similar to when people ask if X trade is fair, but then complete a bad trade before reading the replies, and then they go "oooh, why didn't you guys tell me before", and then we all roll our eyes.

It's frustrating to see someone ask for advice, completely ignore that advice and make a stupid mistake, and then complain that they didn't know.

Edited by Sakura150612

SuperStone

I think you're both missing the point.  Now can we move on?  We've all had this discussion a dozen times- I don't see much reason to draw this time out.

Edited by SuperStone
  • Upvote 3

CartmanBrah007

I think you're both missing the point.  Now can we move on?  We've all had this discussion a dozen times- I don't see much reason to draw this time out.

Agree  :)