Keats10000

Pokemon Card search by theme deck

Keats10000

I want to search for pokemon cards that are there in the pokemon tcg online's store decks. I tried searching for a pokemon, say Salazzle on the pokemon card database on the main poke website but couldn't find the name of any store decks.. Help!

Chasista

Not sure if I understood right but, you're looking for the card Salazzle?

And you want it from Theme decks?

There's no Theme deck called Salazzle. Not even Entei or Hydreigon whom appear in the boxes. Theme decks have its own name (Blazing volcano, Clanging thunder...)

You can check the deck in shop before purchasing, to check the cards included.

Salazzle is now in the next Theme decks:

Psy Salazzle (CRi 47) in Destruction fang (Hydreigon) 2-1 evo line, and Twilight rogue (Lycanroc) 2-2 evo line.

Fire Salazzle (GRi 16) in Hidden moon ((Lunala) 2-1 evo line.

Have fun!

• Upvote 2

SandaledOtter

There's no Theme deck called Salazzle. Not even Entei or Hydreigon whom appear in the boxes. Theme decks have its own name (Blazing volcano, Clanging thunder...)

Psy Salazzle (CRi 47) in Destruction fang (Hydreigon) 2-1 evo line, and Twilight rogue (Lycanroc) 2-2 evo line.

Have fun!

You answered that, on condition that Salazzle wasn't just an example, but this seems to more a feature request, or at least a request for a resource that would allow searching for any card and return a result of ways to obtain it.

Bulbapedia is almost useful for that, if you remember to specify that you're looking for a card. While it mentions CRi 47 in the two decks, it misses GRi 16 being in Hidden Moon. If you don't get all the info you want in this case, you're not much better off than having none of it.

Chasista

Pokémon doesn't provide this kind of search in their Search boxes.

Even when I'm looking for own custom decks, I have to remember exact queries. I have some:

'Volcanion/Turtonator' and 'Volc/TurtoHooh' decks. I recently made a 'Turtonator/Hooh' (no Volcanions there) and those are the exact names.

If I search for "Volc" or "Volca", the two first appear. If I search for "Tur" or "Turto", just the last appear, none of the previous ones are showed to me like if "Tur" wasn't part of the name.

So the only way is known the decks, as even the above mentioned website is very useful, you need to know how to use it too. Mainly you need to add TCG in every query, if you're looking for cards information, but that's not everything so at the end, knowing pokémon cards and knowing the Theme decks is what is going to help you.

I always thought it would be cool to check for a card and know what Theme you can get it from but I haven't found a place it says specifically that.

• Upvote 3

Keats10000

Have fun!

I wanted to know if there's any way through which we can get to know of a particular card being in what theme deck but as you point it out that there isn't any; I guess I'll have to just make do and add it to my list of many disappointments with tcg which includes keyboard controls.

Edited by Keats10000
  • Upvote 1

Mod_Alder

Hello there trainers, thank you to everyone for trying to help out a fellow player. I will go ahead and move this thread into the feedback section where it is more appropriate.