Sign in to follow this  
perkisar

Why did I win?

perkisar

Apologies if this is not in the correct section. I am new to Pokemon TCG in general, and even moreso TCG online. I finally tried to build my own deck, and my first match trying it out I won by circumstances I do not understand. I used Pokemon Fan Club to search my deck for two basic Pokemon. I selected Necrozma GX and Darkrai GX as well. The log said "you used a special card to win the game."

What does this mean? Below is a snippet from the log detailing my last turn. 

203. It is now perkisar's turn (Turn #24).
    204. perkisar drew Double Colorless Energy.
    205. perkisar put Mewtwo-GX onto the Bench.
    206. perkisar attached a Double Colorless Energy to Mewtwo-GX.
    207. perkisar played Pokémon Fan Club.
    208. perkisar drew Darkrai-GX.
    209. perkisar drew Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX

That's it, the game ended right there. We both had prize cards remaining, cards in our deck, and pokemon on our benches. 

Thanks in advance! 

grommpy

Your opponent probably conceded the game. Perhaps he/she didn't draw what was (thought by him/her) to be needed to defeat you.

perkisar

Your opponent probably conceded the game. Perhaps he/she didn't draw what was (thought by him/her) to be needed to defeat you.

That's what I thought at first, but I was confused by the "you used a special card to win the game." That's the exact verbiage that was at the end of the log, and I was wondering what exactly that meant. I searched for that term, and got nothing relevant on Google. 

RobRatt

That's what I thought at first, but I was confused by the "you used a special card to win the game." That's the exact verbiage that was at the end of the log, and I was wondering what exactly that meant. I searched for that term, and got nothing relevant on Google. 

Yes, your opponent conceded.  I checked the game log from my most recent Theme Deck battle, where my opponent conceded on Turn 2.  It says, "You used a special card to win the game."

I guess they use that generic phrase because it's a kid's game, and it sounds better than, "Your opponent knew it was hopeless, and rage quit."

I'm not sure why they don't just use "Your opponent conceded."  But, it is what it is, eh?

Edited by RobRatt

grommpy

It's more likely some developer codeMethod() called to be able to end your game and return; you to your main Versus screen. Because you need to finish the game on both clients, not just one of them.

One fancy name for that method could be HaveYouDrawnSpecialCard() ;)

It checks continuously during your opponent's turn and yours, on both clients.

RobRatt

It's more likely some developer codeMethod() called to be able to end your game and return; you to your main Versus screen. Because you need to finish the game on both clients, not just one of them.

One fancy name for that method could be HaveYouDrawnSpecialCard() ;)

It checks continuously during your opponent's turn and yours, on both clients.

Even if they did have a Line Method similar to this, which is highly speculative, it would have no bearing on the specific text placed in the game log.  It could be anything.  This (above ^^) doesn't explain why they chose, "You used a special card to win the game." when your opponent concedes.

Edited by RobRatt

perkisar

Yes, your opponent conceded.  I checked the game log from my most recent Theme Deck battle, where my opponent conceded on Turn 2.  It says, "You used a special card to win the game."

I guess they use that generic phrase because it's a kid's game, and it sounds better than, "Your opponent knew it was hopeless, and rage quit."

I'm not sure why they don't just use "Your opponent conceded."  But, it is what it is, eh?

Thank you! I appreciate you verifying this. 

Mod_Alder

Hello trainers, thank you everyone for trying to help out a fellow player. 

Sign in to follow this