City Championship Match 12 (Playoffs)

crillzfrillz

SO first i wanna tell you about my lil depressing match, questions after..

I did this match 3 times, lost every time yet almost made it once.

These pokemons he uses are just totally out of the league for all the basic decks. So what can one do really when this deck is basically based on getting his imba pokemon in play.

All of them have insane damage compared to what energy needed, and they all have high HP.

Just gotta love that pokemon that has 130 HP (He has 2 of em). 1 energy to make 20 damage and ontop of that for every little tiny damage you make this attack will also do as much damage as he hes damaged himself.

On my third try this happened:

Using Typhlosion with his 120 damage attack seemed a good way to clear off all the 130 hp basic pokemons, so that he would not 1 shot everything that comes by. Managed quite well after defeating 2 of these already, he puts up the rest of his evolved pokemon. That uses 1 energy to make 60-70 damage and just 1 shot most of the pokemon i have =) This deck is a really pro deck, just too bad its almost a cheaters deck.

Either way eventually i managed to have 1 card left in the award cards and my opponent 2. His pokemon has 50/70 hp (Planpy). My typhlosion had just died, so spending all my time rebuilding on Typhlosion made me left with very few energy cards on my rest (Which of course was only basic pokemon).

But then guess what happens, he evolves his weak little elephant into Donphan on the next turn.. Yeah just 1 evolve, increasing the HP by another 50, from 70 to 120. Then he puts just 1 energy card to it and uses his 60 damage attack to 1shot the rest of my pokemon til the win.

SInce i lost 3 times in a row for the first time, the tutorial comes up ontop of that.

"You can learn how to play by checking through the tutorials"

Of course that wouldn't help me, basic information is not gonna help here and i know how to attack other pokemon!

And i was so close, yet very angry that i could lose at that point!

So any tips with basic decks? Perhaps abuse sleep from the green deck. But im not so sure, since they make low damage and gonna get 1shot by the basic "Legendary" epic boss pokemon.

Try the basic blue deck, if you can get the AI into the situation of having a pokemon out with a retreat cost of 2, damage it until it only has 10 or 20 hp left and then just attack only his bench for easy prize cards (hopefuly) until you win.

It won me the match on very hard, I don't see why it shouldn't give you an easier time too.

Try the basic blue deck, if you can get the AI into the situation of having a pokemon out with a retreat cost of 2, damage it until it only has 10 or 20 hp left and then just attack only his bench for easy prize cards (hopefuly) until you win.

It won me the match on very hard, I don't see why it shouldn't give you an easier time too.

Actually i've never seen the AI ever retreat, i dont think they even do that even on very hard? I abused that alot also before. But not on this one.

Btw folks i just defeated him twice in a row with fire deck.. Same situation, using Typhloon 1 shotting everything. 1 odd win though, he took up about 30 new cards in total from his deck, and never put 1 basic pokemon out. On very easy. So im basically feeling like im cheating now :D

The 2nd time he lost cause he got like a total of 3 energy cards from 20 cards. And no legendary of course.

Edit: Well i tried 1 more time and beat him again on very hard.. Just need some luck, again after picking like 12 cards in 2 turns he didnt even put 1 energy card down. Strange ;o

I think the Basic Green deck works well, because if you play Torterra with Metapod on the Bench, Torterra can endure a lot of hits. Metapod's Poke-Body gives Grass Pokemon no Weakness, so you won't have to worry about Fire attacks like Reshiram's Blue Flare. Torterra can use Giga Drain to heal damage, or deal 80 with Land Crush.

I think the Basic Green deck works well, because if you play Torterra with Metapod on the Bench, Torterra can endure a lot of hits. Metapod's Poke-Body gives Grass Pokemon no Weakness, so you won't have to worry about Fire attacks like Reshiram's Blue Flare. Torterra can use Giga Drain to heal damage, or deal 80 with Land Crush.

For you he was a fire/fighter deck? Against me he was lightning/fighter. Hence why i couldn't bring in water for his beastly stone pokemon. Then i guess you didnt have to deal with this beast am i right?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/zekromlol.jpg

Edit: oh wait i googled Reshiram stats too.

http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=51425&CategoryID=871

So I guess you had some trouble aswell.

But you say you dont need to worry about blue flare which makes 120 damage? Even that is hard without weakness :D

For you he was a fire/fighter deck? Against me he was lightning/fighter. Hence why i couldn't bring in water for his beastly stone pokemon. Then i guess you didnt have to deal with this beast am i right?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/zekromlol.jpg

Edit: oh wait i googled Reshiram stats too.

http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=51425&CategoryID=871

So I guess you had some trouble aswell.

But you say you dont need to worry about blue flare which makes 120 damage? Even that is hard without weakness :D

No, sorry. Rika uses Reshiram in the final battle of the City Championship. I was using Reshiram as an example because of the type advantage and the power of Blue Flare.

Actually i've never seen the AI ever retreat, i dont think they even do that even on very hard? I abused that alot also before. But not on this one.

I've had the AI retreat multiple times for me, even if it needs an energy cost that they don't have on that pokemon yet. As reluctant as the AI is to put energy on a pokemon that has none and is only 10hp from dying, if it feels you're up to something awfuly screwy, it'll do something about it.

Still, until it does you can usually get 3 or 4 prize cards in the time I've found.

Oh my god the last battle...

The battle can either be a challenge or insanely cheap. If you use the Blue or Green deck, you have very little chance of winning. Even if you can set up, you can't deal enough damage to K.O. your foes fast enough. If you use Red deck, though, you can just spam Typhlosion and Arcanine and deal massive damage to the opponent, since every one of his Pokemon are 2HKOed by them.

Archived