TypeError: Error #1009 | BSOD

jlh1978

I received TypeError: Error #1009 after creating a deck of cards i owned then when to multiplayer practice.

I selected my deck then click find match. The counter went to zero the a blue window with TypeError: Error #1009 covered the majority of the screen.

I am using Firefox 3.6.16 on win 7 ultimate 64 bit.

edit: sorry this was using the closed beta

Greetings Poke Community!

We felt the need to PIN this topic, for importance.

If you experience this issue, with TypeError BSOD's, please reply to this topic with the following:

• "I experienced TypeError #1009" (or plugin the # you saw, if it happens to be different")

• Your browser

• When you see this Error Occur (example: "This happens while waiting for matchmaking")

• How often you see this error

If you are experiencing an issue with seeing Coming Soon even after entering your BLW Booster Code successfully, please post on the following topic: http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/general-discussion-20/topics/trouble-accessing-closed-beta-still-see-coming-soon

Thank you, and here is to a fruitful Closed Beta!

Regards,

COSSO

Moderator Extraordinaire

TypeError: Error #1009

Same spot, after timer runs out while waiting for a Multiplayer Practice match. Im using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.16

Chrome 10.0.648.205

Everytime I try to join a multiplayer match, and I let the timer drop to zero. If I go back to the lobby before that, it sometimes says that I have left the server, and if I try to join another game, I get the same error as soon as it starts the countdown.

Chrome 10.0.648.205

Everytime I try to join a multiplayer match, and I let the timer drop to zero. If I go back to the lobby before that, it sometimes says that I have left the server, and if I try to join another game, I get the same error as soon as it starts the countdown.

Updated to version 11.0.696.57 and tried again, same old story.

Error #1009 again, this time after clicking "My Collection." Also, two buttons labelled "Group Mode", if i recall correctly, were flashing frantically.

The funny thing is that it worked fine last night, I played a few games to try out my deck, but I guess after maintainence today, a new bug has appeared. At least for me and a few others.

I get this usually while waiting for match. After the timer hits Zero this error code comes up.

I got it once or twice right after hitting search for match.

They were all Practice match types

I am running the newest Chrome Browser.

I would say I get it maybe 30% of the time when it cant find a match. Although I can't find a match quite a bit as well.

If you guys need any more data let me know!

I think I'm making headway, I tried switching from the cool blue coin to the ugly green coin, and now I only get the error every other time! But I still can't join a game it seems, either that or there is no one else looking for a game, which I doubt.

Wow, I just got in a game. I tried a ranked match just for kicks, and I got in instantly, and I got donked instantly. The only pokemon in my hand was a magikarp, and he had elekid. What luck, huh?

Browser: Firefox 3.6.16

Flash version: WIN 10,2,159,1

Appears to happen when the matchmaking timer expires, seems to be related to not having the client tab open (viewing the forums or other things on my computer, I can hardly be bothered to sit and watch the timer tick down)

Hey guys! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. If you experiencing any other issues please bring them up in the forum. Your insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for Playing Pokemon!

I also experienced TypeError #1009

I am using Mozilla firefox version 4(?)I think... the newest version.

I see this error once the timer hits zero after I've been waiting in matchmaking.

I am also experiencing problems with the booster codes that I redeemed not showing up anywhere in my inventory as redeemed, but the codes no longer work.

and also when I am logged in, it calls me Guest2989 instead of my username, what is this all about?

I have gotten the blue screen error 4-5 times now in both ranking and practice match making....even after having confirmed an opponent in the chat looking for a match simultaniously.

I am using the 10.0.648.205 google crome , and IE 8. neither have worked.

I have gotten the blue screen error 4-5 times now in both ranking and practice match making....even after having confirmed an opponent in the chat looking for a match simultaniously.

I am using the 10.0.648.205 google crome , and IE 8. neither have worked.

getting same error and im using the same viewers

• "I experienced TypeError #1009" (or plugin the # you saw, if it happens to be different")

I saw it yesterday for the whole day

• Your browser

Latest version of Chrome

• When you see this Error Occur (example: "This happens while waiting for matchmaking")

This happened while I tried to:

1) Cancel searching an opponent

2) Successfully search an opponent (I invited a player to search and have a battle together in midnight)

Whwnever I searched an opponent, this message 100% came out.

I saw it yesterday for the whole day

• Your browser

Latest version of Chrome

This happened while I tried to:

1) Cancel searching an opponent

2) Successfully search an opponent (I invited a player to search and have a battle together in midnight)

Whwnever I searched an opponent, this message 100% came out.

Exactly the same problem for me, except that I am using Safari 5.0.5.

The 1009 error should be flash-based. There is something wrong with the argument pin. The system expects more arguments than it is receiving or less than it is programmed to function. My inclination is that there is a connection issue between client PCs and the server.

• I experienced TypeError #1009
  • Your browser: Firefox
  • When you see this Error Occur: while waiting for matchmaking
  • How often you see this error: Just once so far - usually it just says it can't find a match

- I sometimes get the TypeError #1009 message

- Im using firefox

- The message appears when the 60 second timer is finished

- I have only experienced it a few times, normally it only cant find a match.

Also out of around 30 searches i have found only 2 playable games.

-I've experienced TypeError #1009 numerous times.

-I've seen it while using Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 8

-This message appears after the timer runs out in Practice and Ranked multiplayer modes. It also does it if I back out of the matchmaking before the timer runs out and try to use a different multiplayer match.

Same thing here as far as matches too, except I've only had 1....

• 2 weeks later...

I experienced TypeError #1009.

Your browser: Fire Fox 4

When you see this Error Occur: As I was trying to matchmake.

How often you see this error: Only saw it once and that's this time.

Edit: Oooh it disables the back button.

Edit 2: For everyone else on this forum, that's how you post error messages here. You Search (the actual searching function on this forum) for the thread that already exists for it.

Archived