Novice Multiplayer

JohnBenard

I have been playing TCG for sometime, about 12 years with my kids, at home with real cards, glad to see it finally go online. Especially where as the original pc game only worked with Windows 95/98, wont run on xp, vista or win 7. Any how one problem I see here. Considering I have spent hundreds of dollars 8 - 12 years ago on pokemon cards, Not going to do that again for some flashy new cards and revamped old favorites. Have not bought a pokemon card the past 4 or so years. I feel the Novice area should be limited to only the 4 Free decks that are given here. Makes the game very unfair when you play against someone with God Like cards. If someone has something other than the free cards in their deck they should have to play in The Single player AI area or the Expert area. If they are unsure of their abilities they can always go through the tutorials, or play with one of the 4 free decks in the Novice area. Novice area should be for just as it is named Novice players, people with the free decks not the god like cards.

I agree. I just played someone in the novice area with my green deck that had a poison deck. In the second turn he was able to one-shot my poisoned pokemon. That's just ludicrous.

I think that is because of the faulty matchmaking. In expert games I have to play against ppl with 1000-3000 cards 80% of the time (I got ~600) which put me in disadvantage more or less. In novice games there is more of those ppl with equal decks with me I have noticed. Still I hate myself to "own" players with only free cards (still they have won me a few times though). If they fix the expert multiplayer matchmaking Im sure this problem will go away.

I also support the idea of having separate multiplayer for only free cards.

As I see it, there should be an option to have Theme Deck Duels. The free decks you get are about as good as the Theme Decks you can buy (some weaker, and some stronger of course, but that's no different from one god-tier deck vs the other god-tier deck), so it would be a | fair thing. It would offer more variation than just free decks vs each other would do, so it would benefit both those who bought decks and who haven't.

Greetings!

We do plan to have more features added at later poitns, including the ability to challenge a friend to a duel to make ensure that youget your prefered opponent. But we also have several other revamps in the work that should be able to address with some of these issues in updates to come. We appreciate your patience as we work on these. Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent."

The Novice area provides for some decent playtesting for certain decks if you haven't played them before and need to face a few opponents that aren't certain to have perfected decks either. I like the idea of having a theme-deck only playing option, but I think Novice should stay as it is. Tutorials don't help unless you don't know the rules of the game, and the AI typically pales in comparison to human intelligence.

Archived