Limited Booster Codes Redeemed

trainer7503

I was excited about getting some boosters with Beta Codes, but then I got to reading all the people who are redeeming TONS of codes they received from booster boxes. I was going to buy 3 or 4 packs to start, but if I only have 3-4 packs worth of cards to make a deck online vs. people with 30+ packs to work with, I am going to get creamed!

Is it just me or does the method of distribution heavily favor people that bought booster boxes? If it was more like a 1 in 5 or so chance to pull a code, you would have a much better distribution of "wealth" online.

I was excited about getting some boosters with Beta Codes, but then I got to reading all the people who are redeeming TONS of codes they received from booster boxes. I was going to buy 3 or 4 packs to start, but if I only have 3-4 packs worth of cards to make a deck online vs. people with 30+ packs to work with, I am going to get creamed!

Is it just me or does the method of distribution heavily favor people that bought booster boxes? If it was more like a 1 in 5 or so chance to pull a code, you would have a much better distribution of "wealth" online.

if u get a box with the logo on it saying there are codes in the packs that means that there will be a code in every 1 of the booster packs. so for a box of boosters you will get 36 codes.Just make sure it has the logo on it b4 buying the box

First of all having it be a 1 in 5 would give you less of a chance. So if you had 3-4 packs, there is a possibility that you wouldn't get any codes at all. Second, if the person buying the booster box has the will to spend money on the packs, then they probably deserve to have the codes.

@tim2012: I get the setup, I'm not looking to buy a box.

@Jwu96792:Thanks for the refresher, but I understand basic probabilities. I was speaking more to parity in the Beta test. Considering that there are a limited number of boosters that contain codes, the people that purchase boxes will have a significant advantage over the folks that buy just some boosters. Eventually the boosters that have codes will be gone and then you end up with a group of players that bought boxes that will likely dominate the game with a much more diverse selection of cards to build a deck with.

What if you walked into a tournament where half the people were able to build a deck from 5 boosters and the other half built a deck from 30+ boosters? The result of those games would be less about the skill or strategy of the player, and more about the overwhelming card advantage.

you also get like 15 or 20 boosters to start i only have 2 codes but was able to build decks when your options are limited like you and i i just used deck wizard itreally helped

OK, that is a very helpful bit of info...

To clarify, you are saying that two codes are worth 15-20 boosters worth of cards to use online?

That is fantastic news and completely addresses my originally posted concerns.

OK, that is a very helpful bit of info...

To clarify, you are saying that two codes are worth 15-20 boosters worth of cards to use online?

That is fantastic news and completely addresses my originally posted concerns.

no you get 1 booster for every code but at the begining you get an additional 20 boosters to get you started

You know, that's just how trading card games go. The kid who can buy a million boosters has the best cards. But I beleive it's still possible to build a pretty good deck and go toe to toe with them.

I gave away 67 of my 72 codes I got yesterday. That also means i gave away 67 booster packs as oppose to keeping them to myself.

People with large pockets however are always going to have more of an advantage in Collecitble card games, thats the way its always been and always will be.

------------------------------------------------------

Water Type Gym leader at http://unofficialpokemonleague.webs.com/

Pokemon White Friend Code: David 0690 4554 0126

Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: David 4727 0806 7262

Pokemon Gold Friend Code: David 0646 8433 6247

• 1 month later...

Archived