trading packs for yanmega prime

samuelxx

I'm willing to offer packs of your choice and even wat few cards i have for yanmega primes. i need 3. i'll list wat cards i have. leave an offer plz. I dont value yanmega at 7 packs, it comes in a box and the code to get it comes with more packs- i kinda just wanna cut the middle man.

Celebi prime

suicune entei legend (bottom half)

Lugia legend (2x bottom halfs)

reuniclus (ability)

darkrai cressalia legend (bottom half)

tyranitar prime

FA tornadus

Just so you don't wonder why no one's gonna respond here: Yanmega coming in that box is the very reason it's 7 packs. Without that box, it was 11 packs. It went down more than 1/3 of its price.

You can't expect the best and most valuable card in the game to drop to like nothing in price just because it gets reprinted... Be a little realistic and be happy it's only 7 packs thanks to the box, then you'll get them quickly enough ;)

I really dont believe it will stay at 7 packs for very long once the online scene becomes saturated with them. Some online websites are selling the real card for only 10 bucks now, down from 25-40.

Well, first of all, real cards are by no means relevant for online values. This would be like comparing the prices of apples in Japan to those of bananas in the US. It's just pointless.

Then note that the market has already been rather saturated with the real cards, hence the drop from 40 to around 25 bucks even before the reprint was announced. The promo will now increase the supply even more, further dropping the price.

Online players who want Yanmega Prime, on the other hand, have 2 options. They can compete with the rest of the market, being subject to the rules of supply and demand, or they can buy a real Yanmega box and redeem the code. Seeing as the box does come with a price tag, albeit rather low, this last option will not always be the one of choice. Notably, however, whoever buys a box to redeem the code will most likely keep the Yanmega for himself instead of trading it, which means the supply of those cards will pretty much stay where it is right now. Because of the added option of getting Yanmega by just byuing such a box, the demand is lower than before, which is the exact reason the price dropped by as much as 4 packs.

The box doesn't make Yanmega a bad card, neither does it make it less wanted. It just increases the number of available copies a little. The price change will approximately reflect the change in supply, and you don't really believe the number of boxes bought and redeemed (!) will be more than half the number of existing online Yanmegas, do you? ;)

i love your theory. i gave up on this thread a while ago, i was in the chat room and picked up the 3 i need for 2-3 packs each already. so yea... this thread is kinda dead now

You have to differentiate there, those "requests" you picked up were 1 guy like you and 2 high volume traders trying to take advantage of this and getting Yanmegas way under value. Those were probably saying something like "I'll buy all your Yanmegas for 3 Packs!", which is a classical case of "Wow, your prices are a rip-off, if you're serious about this, I take all you have so I can resell it for double the price".

Archived