First Strike deck

GR0

In Closed Beta I built some decks that would strike quickly. They all dealt pretty low damage though. Now with Accelgor (which also has free retreat which is even better), I've finally decided to give it a try again:

8x Grass Energy

4x Rescue Energy

4x Double Colorless Energy

4x Shelmet

4x Accelgor

4x Minccino (Tail Slap)

4x Cinccino (Do The Wave)

2x Tyrogue

2x Stantler (just for Call for Family, has always worked great in my Cinccino deck variations)

2x Energy Search (I usually don't go under 20 energy total because then I barely draw them. Since this deck needs so few, I went for Energy Search instead of overstocking energies)

2x Great Ball

2x Junk Arm

2x Pluspower

4x Pokemon Catcher

2x Pokemon Communication

2x Bianca

4x Cheren

2x Pokemon Collector

2x Professor Oak's New Theory

You may want to consider taking out the Energy Searches and putting in Interviewer's questions, especially since half of your energy are not Basic. If you want to have the "first strike," I'd advise putting in Karrablast to take advantage of Shelmet's attack that evolves it, or Professor Elm's Training Method to get that evolution card into your hand ASAP. That, and you might want to add some more draw power supporters, such as Sage's Training.

Legedaries could help such as FA Virizion. Becarful of Scizor Prime. I battled a kid who had many wins but had many special energies. He lost because of Scizor Primes PokeBody.

Legedaries could help such as FA Virizion. Becarful of Scizor Prime. I battled a kid who had many wins but had many special energies. He lost because of Scizor Primes PokeBody.

Scizor Prime can impede many decks. But that's where Accelgor comes in this deck-If you have one active with a single Grass energy, you can use Slashing Strike for a great 60 damage. If you have another Accelgor waiting on the bench, on your next turn you can retreat your Active Accelgor (for free!) for your Benched, and that Accelgor can use Slashing Strike again! That should be enough to take out a Scizor Prime, unless it has many Special Metal energy on it.

Yeah, if I see Scyther it will immediately be Catcher'd in. Otherwise I of course always have Accelgor as mentioned, but Scizor users usually attach 4 special Metal energies to him, so prevention's the best. And otherwise I can always attach 2 Grass energies to Cinccino, I have 4 to spare after all.

And the problem with Interviewer's Questions is that it blocks me from using one of my other Supporters, which slows me down. They're all better, so I prefer to use them over Interviewer when I can.

And seems I could indeed use Karrablast (always thought Mysterious Evolution only works when the opponent controls the mentioned Pokemon XD), but either way requires a turn before Accelgor can attack. I never have trouble drawing Accelgor (especially with Communication), so I don't see the need in wasting space for it. Perhaps I'll ever make a Shelmet/that other one (no matter what I do (breaking things up etcetera), censor doesn't allow me to place Karrablast there) casual deck.

Archived