My ___________________ Deck

Metagross01

Running vilepume is folly, you will never get 3 stage 2 lines up especially when one gives you trainer lock. I'f you're running sunflora it is to compensate the fact you deck isn't going to get a turn 2-3 full set up it's more likely turn 5. I understand that you're affraid of catchers but to be honest all the pokes in that deck have a avery low retreat cost except maybe sunflora. Roserade's ability to confuse means your opponent will have to switch around a lot in tandem with using a catcher in order to get a sure fire kill.

Ran a couple of tests with the suggestions - took out Butterfree, the Togetic lines, the Carnivine, a Pokemon Communication, and a Poke Ball. Replaced them with 2-1-1 Vileplume, 2-1 Sunflora (Only 1 Sunflora so far), and a Professor Oak's New Theory. I don't have a EPO Virizion or a Roserade yet, so they're not in the deck yet. Anyway, the results seemed good - Sunflora was a big help in setting up, and Vileplume's Allergy Flower worked well (My deck only has a few Trainers, which are mainly for support). I haven't battled a lot with the deck, but the results are good so far.

@Cathallex: Vileplume, Serperior, and Reuniclus getting set up all at once is hard, but I'm testing it out, and if it works, I'll keep it.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess you could replace metapods and caterpies with the roserade lines, but that also means you'll need more energy.

Plus, with my experiences with a Lilligant deck, I've noticed confusion isn't much of a threat nowadays. There're SO many cards that can easily fight it even wtihout the use of Switch.

Dodrio, Eelektrik, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and low and no retreat cost Pokemon to name some.

And I find Vileplume and Roserade to actually be a bad combo together. If you're fighting any of the Pokemon above, say Dodrio, you don't have any Catchers in your deck (because of Vileplume) to get it out of the way, letting your opponent retreat every single turn.

NOT Eelektrik as it can only attach to the bench which will not help the active retreat.

Also Lilligant will be huge once the EX's come out as Lilligant-Vileplume-Mewtwo EX is extremely succesful in Asia at the moment.

NOT Eelektrik as it can only attach to the bench which will not help the active retreat.

Also Lilligant will be huge once the EX's come out as Lilligant-Vileplume-Mewtwo EX is extremely succesful in Asia at the moment.

You didn't get my point. Eelektrik can get back whatever energy is discarded from retreating the active, making it like free retreating.

Personally, I think that the Vileplume line should be gotten rid of and replaced with 1-1 Sunflora (allows you to get a stage 2 line set-up pretty quickly w/out attacking.) and maybe 2 Super Rods or Pokemon Communications? Idk what the last two would be replaced with. The Vileplume line seems useful, but overall, you would probably want Sunflora so that you can actually set up your larger lines, being Reuniclus and Serperior. Plus, you can setup metapod if you already can setup one of the two larger lines.

Personally, I think that the Vileplume line should be gotten rid of and replaced with 1-1 Sunflora (allows you to get a stage 2 line set-up pretty quickly w/out attacking.) and maybe 2 Super Rods or Pokemon Communications? Idk what the last two would be replaced with. The Vileplume line seems useful, but overall, you would probably want Sunflora so that you can actually set up your larger lines, being Reuniclus and Serperior. Plus, you can setup metapod if you already can setup one of the two larger lines.

Sunflora only allows him to get grass pokemon, so he can't get Reuniclus with it. 2 of them should be enough for what grass pokemon he has.

Sunflora only allows him to get grass pokemon, so he can't get Reuniclus with it. 2 of them should be enough for what grass pokemon he has.

... Forgot Reuniclus wasn't grass... wow...

Thanks everyone! Vileplume is mostly for the Poke-Body so that my opponent doesn't force Reuniclus in with Pokemon Catcher. The main problem isn't the Retreat Cost of 2, but the 90 HP - Reuniclus can be knocked out pretty easily. I'll probably keep the Vileplume line, because of the protection. You'll notice that I don't have many Item cars at all, so hopefully the backlash isn't too bad.

Liked I have said before I will battle you with your new deck that you have just made with my deck that I have just made. So can we battle with the novice game challenge?

• 4 weeks later...

28 days after the post by cyndaquil579...

ND has been released, and this deck has been really weakened. With another Reshiram in play now, this one with almost 200 HP and a 150 damage move, I don't think this deck is very effective at this point. Any ideas to bring it back into play?

-

I'm considering using Shaymin, but it's not very powerful as an attacker, so I don't really know.

Use Regigigas EX because of It's 180 HP.

The only problem is Terrakions but you got your Virizions.

Landorus isn't that much of a problem b/c it can do up to 160 and Pluspowers aren't likely to occur b/c of Vileplume.

Cilans get your energys out from anywhere in your deck and that's good b/c you only have 11 energy

Pokemon Centers are very good for Reuniclus decks

Sadly, I do not have any Regigigas EXs. Good luck finding them

Use Regigigas EX because of It's 180 HP.

The only problem is Terrakions but you got your Virizions.

Landorus isn't that much of a problem b/c it can do up to 160 and Pluspowers aren't likely to occur b/c of Vileplume.

Cilans get your energys out from anywhere in your deck and that's good b/c you only have 11 energy

Pokemon Centers are very good for Reuniclus decks

Sadly, I do not have any Regigigas EXs. Good luck finding them

I have a regigigas EX Non FA in real life need 4 packs of ND for one on here.

for your deck you def want to replace level ball for p.comm. running 3-4 p.comm is essential since you have 3 stage 2. also max out twins. your almost guranteed to fall behind and twins is what allows you to set up, especially under trainer lock. lastly i would suggest adding pichu in your deck. the ability to set up 5 basics turn 1 is huge for this deck since the goal of the deck is to create a lock. once you get the lock established your mostly set.

Thanks for the ideas! Another problem I have now is Energy. Serperior has low-Energy attacks, but with the new EX-Pokemon, I've switched to using Regigigas for attacking. As a Basic Pokemon with 50 HP more and a move that does more power with more damage, I can use Regigigas more effectively. The problem now is fulfilling Regigigas' expensive moveset. DCE works fast, but Kyurem EX's Frozen Wings can discard it or any other Special Energy. The only Basic Energy I have are all Grass, which works, but there are only 7 in my whole deck, which is about half of the recommended Energy amount.

I recommend you use a 3-3-3 Serperior deck because Regigigas is your main attacker. If you take these cards out, then you could have 3 more grass energy.

• 1 month later...

Archived