My ___________________ Deck

Metagross01

I don't have a creative name for this deck yet, but that's not the only point of this thread. I'm looking for some constructive criticism to help build up this deck. This is the current version of the deck, but I'll leave notes about what changes I plan to make.

-

Pokemon:

3 Snivy (2 with Tackle and Vine Whip, 1 with Leaf Blade)

3 Servine (2 with Wrap and Tackle, 1 with Wring Out)

3 Serperior (3 with Royal Heal and Leaf Tornado)

2 Caterpie (2 with Tackle)

2 Metapod (2 with Green Shield and Sharpen)

3 Solosis (3 with Cell Culture and Rollout)

2 Duosion (1 with Rollout, 1 with Recover and Rollout)

2 Reuniclus (2 with Damage Swap and Psyshock)

2 Sunkern (2 with Cure Kernels and Seed Bomb)

2 Sunflora (2 with Sunshine Grace and Blade Arms)

2 Oddish (2 with Ram and Find a Friend)

1 Gloom (1 with Miracle Powder)

1 Vileplume (1 with Allergy Flower and Dazzling Pollen)

2 Regigigas EX (2 with Giga Power and Raging Hammer)

-

Items/Tools/Supporters/Stadiums

3 Rare Candy

3 Pokemon Communication

3 Pokemon Collector

1 Professor Elm's Training Method

3 Twins

2 Cilan

1 Fisherman

-

Energy:

9 Basic Grass

2 Rescue Energy

3 Double Colorless Energy

-

The Objective:

Put Serperior Ability, Reuniclus, and Vileplume out. Reuniclus spreads damage out to all my Pokemon. Serperior's Ability heals 10 damage from each of my Pokemon, so it's most effective with damage on all my Pokemon. I also have Vileplume to stop my opponent from using Item cards.

Professor Elm's Training Method lets me find evolutions and Pokemon Collecter lets me find Basic Pokemon. Level Ball lets me find low-HP Pokemon like Reuniclus and Sunflora, whose Sunshine Grace lets me find Grass Pokemon quickly. This provides me with search power to balance the difficulty of setting up 3 Stage 2 Pokemon. If I'm unlucky and have trouble setting up quickly, Twins can help me pull specific cards out after I've been losing. I added Team Rocket's Trickery to gain some draw power and cost my opponent a card

I use Caterpie, Metapod, and Butterfree for Metapod's Green Shield Poke-Body. Green Shield gives all my Grass Pokemon no weakness. This protects me from taking extra damage from fire, like from Reshiram-Emboar decks. Butterfree is added in case I run out of other Pokemon, as a reserve battler. Cure Poweder heals 30 damage from all my Pokemon, and Whirlwind forces my opponent to swap their Active Pokemon while doing 60 damage.

Double Colorless Energy can be used when I'm low on Energy, and can put it on Scyther or Serperior (non-Ability) to attack. Rescue Energy lets me bring back fainted Pokemon to battle with again.

-

Strengths:

Effective - Once set up, my deck is almost invincible. My only problems would be battling any Pokemon who can deal more than 120 damage to KO Serperior.

Durable - As mentioned above, to win against this deck would require a lot of damage in one turn. Royal Heal eliminates the damage between turns, and Reuniclus spreads the damage thin.

Passive - Serperior's Royal Heal, and Reuniclus's Damage Swap both are Abilities. They require no Energy, so I can take some out - the focus of the deck is to stall.

Search Power - I have a lot of cards to let me search, such as Tropius with Green Call, Pokemon Collector, Professor Elm's Training Method, Twins, and Pokemon Communication.

-

Weaknesses:

Slow - This deck is pretty hard to set up, because I have 2 Stage 2 Pokemon and if I'm battling a Fire deck, I also have a Stage 1 to set up. I try to use search power to get me the right cards.

Time-Consuming - Using Damage Swap is surprisingly slow (I select Reuniclus, then select which damaged card to start with, then choose the card that the damage goes to, and then repeat this process until I have distributed damage how I wanted). There are also the healing animations from Serperior, which take even more time from my turn timer.

-

NOTES:

Considerations: 2-2 Roserade line (The Poke-Power can cause Posion or Confusion, but this means I'll be taking out 4 cards from my deck)

-

That's my deck and strategy. Feel free to suggest improvements.

Thanks. I'll remember that. I'll update my deck soon, but I'm not sure how I'm going to find 4 Rare Candies.

-

EDIT: Deck post updated, now more accurate with current deck. Changes will probably be made soon.

Deck updated again. Additional notes posted. Some assistance would be appreciated.

-

In other news, matthew69 seems to have some good advice. What should I remove to add Pokemon Communication?

I have updated the deck again, with another Reuniclus. Finally! Since I took out my Psychic Energy, Should I put them back, or remove Rainbow Energy as well?

-

@tyranitar20: Thanks for the offer! I'll consider it! :)

I replaced Seeker with Rocky Helmet; I think that equipping Druddigon with the Rocky Helmet to deal 40 damage for being attacked would be more effective.

Some extra advice would be appreciated!

You can get Rare candies from HS unleashed boosters, and most people are willing to trade for about 3 packs, but that can get a little expensive.

also if you can I might suggest adding Kyurem in there somewhere, it could really help against reshiram decks, outrage is pretty crazy when you can move as much damage onto it as you need.

• 3 weeks later...

carvine can be switched for catchers (a catcher brings a pokemon out without wasting an attack and without putting a weak pokemon active),id cut caterpie down to a 2-2-1, since u only need one on the bench, id take out syther as well

with the 3 new spots u could put in virizion

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to find some Pokemon Catcher, but I might keep one because Saliva Lure is reusable. I probably will take out a Caterpie and a Metapod, too. Thanks again!

I would recomend some more supporters...you only got 7 for the moment. Supporters are very important if you want to make your deck a little quicker. I would recommend prf oak / N / Cheren or more twins. You should replace some of your pokemon like Tropius and Carnivine with those. Its often more effektive to let supporter/trainers make the searching for the right cards in your deck.

Thanks, Metoro! I thought that searching for specific would be more effective than pulling random cards with drawing/shuffling. On the other hand, Green Call only works on Grass-type Pokemon, so I could replace some Pokemon with Supporters.

-

Also: Deck updated

Drop your butterfree both tropius' the togepi lines1 solosis and 2 duosions. add 2 roserade lines two sunflora lines and a cleffa. Drop 4 grass add 4 rainbow. Add the candies catchers and maybe some junk arms along with 2 plis powers. drop 2 servines too to make room.

I would recommend getting a Vileplume if you plan on doing a deck focused around Reuniclus and Serperior. Most of the players right now have Catchers and Junk Arms to get those Catchers back. Reuniclus only has 90 HP making it easy prey to 1HKO with the current cards. So try and imagine your deck without Reuniclus to move damage around. Ya, Serperior and others won't last long. By getting Vileplume means you won't be able to use Trainers too though, of course, so you'll need around 2 Sunfloras to get your Grass Pokemon cards instead of rare candies. Now, all these Pokemon I've been talking about are intended to remain on the bench unless needed to be brought out. I recommend getting the EP Virizion for your active slot. Giga Drain combined with Royal Heal and Damage Swap will keep it alive for a VERY long time unless you're opponent is running a fire deck or one of the few cards that can do 100 damage or more in 1 shot. Plus, Virizion is a basic so you don't have to build it up like your other cards. I don't recommend having Butterfree because you already have enough stage two's you need to focus on finishing before it. Also, Virizion will take it's place. Get some more supporters to shuffle around your deck and you don't need the Togetics. Also no point in Tropius with Sunflora. Carnivine would be nice if it had more HP and his heal costs less, but once again, Virizion will take its place.

Sorry for the looooooong text. Read up to the point where you get bored and see if you like any of my ideas :P I'll come back later to see what else I can help with after you update your deck.

I would recommend getting a Vileplume if you plan on doing a deck focused around Reuniclus and Serperior. Most of the players right now have Catchers and Junk Arms to get those Catchers back. Reuniclus only has 90 HP making it easy prey to 1HKO with the current cards. So try and imagine your deck without Reuniclus to move damage around. Ya, Serperior and others won't last long. By getting Vileplume means you won't be able to use Trainers too though, of course, so you'll need around 2 Sunfloras to get your Grass Pokemon cards instead of rare candies. Now, all these Pokemon I've been talking about are intended to remain on the bench unless needed to be brought out. I recommend getting the EP Virizion for your active slot. Giga Drain combined with Royal Heal and Damage Swap will keep it alive for a VERY long time unless you're opponent is running a fire deck or one of the few cards that can do 100 damage or more in 1 shot. Plus, Virizion is a basic so you don't have to build it up like your other cards. I don't recommend having Butterfree because you already have enough stage two's you need to focus on finishing before it. Also, Virizion will take it's place. Get some more supporters to shuffle around your deck and you don't need the Togetics. Also no point in Tropius with Sunflora. Carnivine would be nice if it had more HP and his heal costs less, but once again, Virizion will take its place.

Sorry for the looooooong text. Read up to the point where you get bored and see if you like any of my ideas :P I'll come back later to see what else I can help with after you update your deck.

Read all of it. Great advice - I think this info is going to be really helpful.

I might update the deck with this-

-1 Butterfree

-1 Carnivine

-1 Tropius

-2-2 Togetic

+3 Virizion

+2-2 Sunflora

-

I'm not sure about Vileplume - Vileplume's another Stage 2 Pokemon, and the Poke-Body does recoil to me, but I'll consider it. Would you recommend a 3-2-2 line, or would something like 2-2-1 be enough?

I would get a 2-1-1 if you plan on using Vileplume. For the most part, you'll want to get your first Sunflora out ASAP with Pokemon Communication, or whatever else method you can, and than using that Sunflora to get the 2nd one out easily. Now you can get 2 leaf pokemon a turn from your deck making it extremely easy to find a oddish, the gloom, and the vileplume.

The poke-body affects you too, but most of the trainers used are: Rare Candy, Switch, Junk Arm, Catcher, and Pokemon Communication. Here's how you and your opponent will be affected by each not working:

You have Stage 2's so running rare candies are beneficial, but with Sunfloras, you don't have to worry about having a basic and stage 2, but not the stage 1. Plus, you don't need to worry about getting your stage 1's catcher'ed out while you're getting your stage 2 set up because Vileplume blocks Catchers too. This, however, is a much bigger issue to your opponents. Some people run something like 3-2-3 and rely on rare candies to get their stage's 2's up and running real quick (magnezone deck).

Let's actually look at this deck for a minute because it's a hugely used deck right now in TCGO (countering the main deck is huge :P). People usually use Pokemon Communication to get Magnezone after getting Magnemite with Collector. With Comm. blocked, they need to slowly draw for a Magneton. Let's just say they do get Magnezone out pretty quick, or before your Vileplume comes out. They need to use junk arms and such to discard energy cards so they can easily bring it onto the playing field with say, 2 Eelektriks. So now what with Junk Arms blocked? Only 1 energy per turn for them unless they use Sage's Training a few times and discard their energies, but with a max or 4 per deck and 1 per turn, they will still be pretty slow with getting energies down. Now everytime they attack you, they will be using up their precious energies and can't get it back. Not to mention they need to send 2 energies each time to the lost zone if you have Virizion in the active slot in order to KO it before you heal it all up.

Now you just bought yourself some time before their Stage 2's come out. You won't rely on switches too much because for the most part Virizion is the only one at the active spot, but for people running cards like Donphan Prime (4 retreat cost) this is HUGE to them. Now, I'm looking at your deck and you don't have much trainers either way (I would actually recommend taking them all away) so no point in Junk Arms for you. Catchers, like I said before, would be horrible for you. Your pokemon that are meant to remain on the bench will be brought out and destroyed, ruining your set-up. You don't need to use Pokemon Communication because you have Sunfloras, but your opponent sure needs them. So as you can see, not using trainers would do a lot more to your opponent than your deck. You need to sacrifice in order to gain :P

^ More rambling. :P

Archived