Tylerwavery

Venasaur EX misprinted with POISON POTWDER

Tylerwavery

I have a misprinted Venasaur EX that says Poison Potwder instead of powder. I havent found anything like it yet. Its a full art card too. Valuable or not? Anyone

graywh

It's probably fake.  I've heard of others with the same error that were definitely fake.

Tylerwavery

Its definitely not fake that's the only error on the card. It was recently pulled from a pack too.

picsupes

I'm sorry but it is most definitely a fake. It is highly improbable that a particular card would bear a spelling error and not every other card with the same name from the same print run.  

• Upvote 1

SuperStone

I'm sorry but it is most definitely a fake. It is highly improbable that a particular card would bear a spelling error and not every other card with the same name from the same print run.

Highly unlikely... nowadays. In the early years of the TCG, limited-run errors were quite common, and while I would have been surprised to hear this, I would not have been shocked. (If I played back then, that is. XD)

But I agree that counterfeiting is the most likely culprit here. Keep in mind, Tyler, that the entire pack may have been arteficiated. Out of curiosity, where did you purchase it?

Edited by SuperStone

VncentPriceLess

Hey Tylerwavery,

If you got it from a booster pack I'd recommend sending it to the Pokemon Company. I had to send back a misprinted full art EX card a few months back and in return they sent me an extra booster pack and Marshadow GX (secret rare)! Granted, I had to prove I purchased the card and pay for shipping, but definitely worth it.

Laterz!  :D

Mod_Lyam

I have a misprinted Venasaur EX that says Poison Potwder instead of powder. I havent found anything like it yet. Its a full art card too. Valuable or not? Anyone

Hi Trainer,

In order to review any possible manufacturing error claims, the Pokémon Support Team requires evidence of your purchase via pictures or scans of the product and any remaining proof of purchase. As customer purchase information is not available to us from every retailer, we ask that the customer provides their purchase information so that we may investigate the issue further and review any possibility of reimbursement. If no proof of purchase or manufacturing error can be provided, by policy we are unable to move forward with any reimbursement requests. 

Please submit a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in on the top right side of the page, then selecting the relevant category and clicking Contact Us.

Thank you!

DivineMsMo

Please add me on the app. My trainer code 1665 3707 2121