Joey4747

[GENERAL] Other - Trainer kit not available in theme format

Joey4747

I just bought the alolan sandslash/ninetales trainer kit and redeemed it but can't use it in any theme format or trainer challenges. I have the cards but they are not available in deck format besides me creating the deck again from scratch. Is this intentional or a bug. All other trainer kits I have were available as their own deck.

SandaledOtter

These decks aren't considered theme decks. They're a pair of half-decks meant to played against each other by beginners. This isn't the first of them.

As far as I can tell, they exist in PTCGOnline just to add cards to your collection, though you could assemble the set into a deck and try to play it in Standard or Expanded.

Joey4747

These decks aren't considered theme decks. They're a pair of half-decks meant to played against each other by beginners. This isn't the first of them.

As far as I can tell, they exist in PTCGOnline just to add cards to your collection, though you could assemble the set into a deck and try to play it in Standard or Expanded.

Yes I am aware they are meant to be played as half decks. It’s just that I bought the latios/ Latias trainer kit and the alolan raichu and lycanroc trainer kit and both are playable in theme format. I just like playing it for a challenge and an extra pack

graywh

This is the first one that hasn't been a theme deck.  No explanation has been given as to why.

• Upvote 1

Mod_RedDragon

I just bought the alolan sandslash/ninetales trainer kit and redeemed it but can't use it in any theme format or trainer challenges. I have the cards but they are not available in deck format besides me creating the deck again from scratch. Is this intentional or a bug. All other trainer kits I have were available as their own deck.

Hey there!

SandaledOtter and graywh are correct. Redeeming the code will give you cards, but you will not grant you a pre-built deck. 

marinfamily2010

I entered a code for a Sun & Moon Trainer kit (Alolan Sandslash & Alolan Ninetails)

Unlike other trainer kits that automatically populate as a full deck, this one did not.

The individual cars are all part of my collection, but they are not as a pre-made deck. I know I can technically look at each card individually and create a deck but that would take too much time.

Is there a way to have the deck populated without doing it manually?

marinfamily2010

Wow, I just asked this same question on the forum. I too entered the code for the Alolan Raichu/Lycanroc half decks and they populated as one full deck. I assumed the same would be for the Alolan Sandslash/Ninetails half decks, but it is sadly not the case. Was hoping mine was just a glitch, I guess not.

Mod_Lyam

Hi marinfamily2010,

There is no option to automatically populate these cards as a full deck. I will send your message to our dev team as feedback so it can be taken into consideration.

Enjoy the game!