How do you feel about the art of the avatars/characters in Pokemon TCG Online?

PiriPiri

I personally dislike it.****** not too bad since it's not too "americanized" and isnt too child like, but I think that the art of the characters should just stick to the franchise's traditional roots of the anime style. Sure this is a Pokemon game being released in America ****** there is any reason that someone enjoys pokemon, odds are that the art has something to do with it, especially in the card game.

Edit: these censors are ******* me. "It I is" and "but I if" were marked off above

Personally, I agree with tulache. The art style is too similar to the average American cartoon than to the Anime appearance of Pokemon. In other words, it's like a visual style of Brock's jelly filled donuts (if you get the reference).

I think it depends on how you design your character. If you look at Jenemi's avatar it looks very anime-ish, while NintenDuck's looks more like an american cartoon. Probably due to choice in eye size and hairstyle.

I think the main issues isn't the style, you do forget Pokemon Trading Cards is more of an American product liscenced from a Japanese Company so it's kind of to be expected. The editor isn't to bad either, simple has quite abit, it's a shame more isn't unlocked tho.

My main issue is the male characters all look the same either way, all the girl avatars i've seen all appear pretty different but no matter what the guys appear almost the same just a tweak here or there

yes i would like too ahve more different hair styles

cause each second hair style looks lik the haistyle before just a little bit changed

I really like it, personally. I hope they bring more stuff in for people who would prefer more anime-ish, but I like it. More stuff the better but I can't complain much about what's out for it right now.

Overall, the art's not bad. Every time I see Zach's smarmy face on the home page, though, I want to Mach Punch him in the face. He's more smug than Snivy. >_>

Archived