To many scammers...

DragonKing88

So anyone else seeing a bunch of scam trades up lately? For example i just (well half asleep) Tried to help out someone since i thought they wanted a trainer and due to me not triple checking i traded away two cards from my deck for junk........Anyone else having this issue? Or is trying to help out those who need it just not worth the risk?

Your absolutely right. There are so many scammers in addition to the people making unrealistic offers. Just gotta be careful I guess. It would be cool if the scammers had their accounts deleted however.

Scamming is down now compared to the past. Pokemon seems to be doing a good job of stopping that or people are getting smarter about the issue.

A few people are giving large number of bad offers but that is a different issue. Offering one price in public trades and another on trade forums does not show integrity

Greetings, guys!

Though it may not be immediately apparent, we are taking action on the scammers and though it might take a bit, we do catch them eventually. On that note, if you ever suspect someone of scamming please send in a Report A Player. You can also send in a support ticket. We work together with the Support Team to find people exploiting players because that's not nice. :)

Please visit this lovely post by Prof. Jaqq. http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/announcements-23/topics/trade-scammers?page=1#post-62578. for more information if you like.

Thanks!

Prof. Thistle

"People like stars; the more you look, the more you see."

Fortunately they can't ask for free cards anymore. Now they of course just put commons, but that's harder to combat (any restriction on that can affect honest players), and some players honestly don't know values (although it's clear 99% of the time of course), and some others might just want to take chances without any intent to scam (although a measly common does take that really far).

But of course, more steps can be taken. Here are my suggestions:

- A report button on trades. This would NOT be for "common for rare" trades and such, but rather for MISLEADING TITLES that are clearly put intentionally. Anyone who g|o|t truthfully reported will lose some of his/her card collection as punishment (just a warning or a temp ban won't do anything). If you've made a certain amount of scam trades it will lead to a permanent ban.

- Make the red Arceus coin untradable for obvious reasons.

Gosh i agree I just tried trading loads of my junk for a machamp and it lagged out and i ended giving away all the cards for nothing! and there was me thinking you couldnt make an offer like this any more??

I think if you see the same person offering commons for rares over and over in public trade they are definitely scammers. If they don't they are probably new and don't know about making good trades.

Archived