WingsofFire1014

CLOSED (Return POSSIBLE after the next rotation)

WingsofFire1014

I took some time off for the holidays.... I ALSO took "some time" off because I don't feel like doing this anymore....

It isn't because I lack the time, but is because I lack the dedication and passion to keep this going. 

Yet, a couple of days ago I played the PTCGO for the first time in like 5 months and I gotta say that I LOVED it and I am FOR REAL coming back to the forums.

For now, I am planning on PERMANENTLY shutting down this thread. But, if I get enough people that want this to keep going, I will do my best to GET it going.

Otherwise, this thread is dead. Although, I am planning on starting up a giveaway thread in the In-game item exchange section if this thread does die. More info on that later if..............

Felidae_

Hey, as someone who is constantly shifting ********** of the game / forum:

If you lack the dedication / passion to continue the thread then you shouldn't settle on a half baked approach, even if enough people want it to continue (which, given the user density on the forum, is difficult to imagine anyway).

I've got so many articles, strategy and deck reviews, beginner tips, etc. sitting unfinished on my desktop and I'm not motivated enough to finish any of them, knowing that I need the necessary motivation, otherwise I wont deliver something that I can be proud of.

This thread has helped many new players and I believe they are all thankful for the work you've put into it and for your generosity with your giveaways. You deserve some rest :). Get your battery charged up, let that passion reignite itself and I'm sure your next thread will be just as great.

• Upvote 1

WingsofFire1014

You know, I really didn't expect a nice response from you (no offence). You have often triggered me in the past with your comments.

Remember that time that I made a post where I used hard knock defensive football battles as a way to show my love for disruption decks? And when you responded, your post said, that "I like trains"........ I was so mad then, but when I look at it now, you had a right to say that for various reasons.

Thankfully with your post, you will make it easier for me to leave this. I want to start up something again because I like to be helpful to others. But you are right, I need to settle in and get myself updated before I go as far as to create a thread using a topic that I have no real knowledge on.

Chasista
Posted (edited)

That's up to you. If you feel yourself strong enough to fulfil people's expectations, do it.

If you think you're going to promise cards and then be late in deliveries, not sending some cards or having problems to reply people's questions here in forums and so, then try a different formula (if you still want to give to the community) or just leave it and play for yourself some time while you think about it. It's not your fault but usually in internet people think they have more rights than they really have and forget about people's life: "if you said once a week, don't say later once every week and a half. You're not going to be forgiven, ever" 🙄  It's not a contract but people tends to be mad if you wrote something and then you're not doing exactly what you wrote

Seeing the post lately, I would try a different thing myself or take a while to come with more conviction than asking people about what to do. Looks not very encouraging. But choice of course, is yours.

Edited by Chasista
  • Upvote 1

WingsofFire1014
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chasista said:

That's up to you. If you feel yourself strong enough to fulfil people's expectations, do it.

If you think you're going to promise cards and then be late in deliveries, not sending some cards or having problems to reply people's questions here in forums and so, then try a different formula (if you still want to give to the community) or just leave it and play for yourself some time while you think about it. It's not your fault but usually in internet people think they have more rights than they really have and forget about people's life: "if you said once a week, don't say later once every week and a half. You're not going to be forgiven, ever" 🙄  It's not a contract but people tends to be mad if you wrote something and then you're not doing exactly what you wrote

Seeing the post lately, I would try a different thing myself or take a while to come with more conviction than asking people about what to do. Looks not very encouraging. But choice of course, is yours.

This is all true.

While time has been a factor into my ability to follow through with my responsibilities, so has my laziness. Yes, I do have a life, but I do have free time and I don't use ALL of it how I should sometimes. 

I am going to contemplate for a while and decide on a new way to hopefully help others out. I think I will move on from this thread for at least the remainder of this season. I might bring it back after the next rotation.

DawsonJr, if you are still out there, I owe you big time!

Edited by WingsofFire1014